Re-wrote a song with the Meme-29!

"MIG me to the moon,
    let me play among RED stars...
    Let me see what stall is like
    on a- 'Fulcrum' frame with LERX
    In other words, throttle down...
    In other words, baby, spin me!"
    ♪♫♪♫

Very clever! I'm a Sinatra music fan, so this was a great video between the flying, music, and theme. Excellent stuff .

Comment

• Been thinking about treating myself to the Mig 29 .I have always wanted one but thought almost £600 for a foamy is a bit much .Now I have decided it is such a good looking model and the feedback is good about the MIg 29 time to treat myself .Now the bad news ,it seems it is going to be at minimum of 10 weeks before they are back in stock .So thinking about the Eflite SU 30 ,that is in stock but how does it compare to the Mig 29 .Is it better ,not so good and I would be better waiting for the Mig to come back in stock Or are they similar to each other .Has anyone flown both models to give me a comparison on which is the best model .At least the Eflite SU 30 does not have the elevator servo problem !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
        Been thinking about treating myself to the Mig 29 .I have always wanted one but thought almost £600 for a foamy is a bit much .Now I have decided it is such a good looking model and the feedback is good about the MIg 29 time to treat myself .Now the bad news ,it seems it is going to be at minimum of 10 weeks before they are back in stock .So thinking about the Eflite SU 30 ,that is in stock but how does it compare to the Mig 29 .Is it better ,not so good and I would be better waiting for the Mig to come back in stock Or are they similar to each other .Has anyone flown both models to give me a comparison on which is the best model .At least the Eflite SU 30 does not have the elevator servo problem !!!
        For flying I'd choose the Freewing Sukhoi 35 over the EFlite 30. The EFlite looks nice, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
          Been thinking about treating myself to the Mig 29 .I have always wanted one but thought almost £600 for a foamy is a bit much .Now I have decided it is such a good looking model and the feedback is good about the MIg 29 time to treat myself .Now the bad news ,it seems it is going to be at minimum of 10 weeks before they are back in stock .So thinking about the Eflite SU 30 ,that is in stock but how does it compare to the Mig 29 .Is it better ,not so good and I would be better waiting for the Mig to come back in stock Or are they similar to each other .Has anyone flown both models to give me a comparison on which is the best model .At least the Eflite SU 30 does not have the elevator servo problem !!!
          I have the SU-30 and it is a pig. You'd be better to wait for hell to freeze over than to get one over a Mig! I can give you a list of it's problems vs Mig but why bore everyone here. You can PM me if you want a break down. My flying buddy at our field has the Mig and it is far superior. Wait for it, I'm getting one when it's back as well. If I could sell it, I would but everyone at our field knows it's issues.

Even so, I still fly it frequently, looks great on the ground and in the air with AB's and the airbrake. It's underpowered and tough to get off grass, even with a changed 2 1/4" nose wheel. A 6000mah bat is too heavy and to get it to fly halfway decent, had to go to a 5000, with only 3 minutes flight time and limited vertical. Nuff said!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi CM....A suggestion....while waiting for the MiG to get back in stock, spend time reading all the posts in this forum. Tons of good info here.

Not all the mods are necessary, you can pick the ones that make sense to you. DO NOT FLY FAST with flaps down.

Here is a current link to the RF chokes.

-GG

Comment

• Did someone already see the Mig fly with the thrust vectoring ? can’t seem to find a video of this....
              Would this help me to get faster of the ground from gras?
              At a certain time the plane dues not accelerates anymore on grass, I had about 15 flights ok takeoff and nice flight’s bud the last one the grass field was not long enough. 🤔
              Repair almost done but i was wondering if tv can help.?

Comment

• I have a bunch of flights on mine with TVs but no video. Yes to shorter take off.

Comment

• Thing I wait for the Mig to come back in stock but the Freewing SU 35 has got me thinking

Comment

• Honestly I think the Sukhoi is the better plane to fly, if you're in it for the TV capabilities.

Originally posted by Edwin-0 View Post
                    Did someone already see the Mig fly with the thrust vectoring ? can’t seem to find a video of this....
                    Would this help me to get faster of the ground from gras?
                    At a certain time the plane dues not accelerates anymore on grass, I had about 15 flights ok takeoff and nice flight’s bud the last one the grass field was not long enough. 🤔
                    Repair almost done but i was wondering if tv can help.?
                    As above it will give you more authority to horse it up off the ground, but it's a risky strategy. If it's not going quick enough for the control surfaces to be effective then I'm not sure you want to be airborne? There is a recent video which shows you what can happen...

Comment

• But to be honest he didn't have TVs.

I do agree for agressive TV flight the SU is better. So is the old F-18, the Euro Fighter and the Gripen.

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                      Honestly I think the Sukhoi is the better plane to fly, if you're in it for the TV capabilities.

As above it will give you more authority to horse it up off the ground, but it's a risky strategy. If it's not going quick enough for the control surfaces to be effective then I'm not sure you want to be airborne? There is a recent video which shows you what can happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        But to be honest he didn't have TVs.

I do agree for agressive TV flight the SU is better. So is the old F-18, the Euro Fighter and the Gripen.

And to be correct, on the long lane i fly with 5800ma and on our shorter lane all was ok with 5100, bud first run with 5800 i crashed due to lane to short - End of the road.
                        lol. Now I have a reason to put in the VT .

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0260.JPG Views:	1 Size:	73.5 KB ID:	301837

Comment

• P
                          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            But to be honest he didn't have TVs.

I kinda would expect that as well. They are all far, far lighter.

Then again, with a properly tuned model I'm sure the MiG-29 can be pretty awesome too. We've seen a lot of good stuff from Spain already, and that's only playing with the "stock vectoring".

Most people fly needlessly nose heavy, more or less poor elevator setups, and overall too heavy because of running far heavier batteries than this model really calls for. Get the elevators really stiff and really precise, a close to neutral CG, and no more than 700g batteries, and I'm sure you would be amazed by the mig too.

The SU-35 was an amazing model, extremely light, but like all other twin 70, single battery setups, it was horrible in terms of flight time as murder on the batteries. That's what I really like the most about the MiG, just like any other twin 80, twin battery setup: You get really decent performance and really good flight time without stressing batteries at all.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

The SU-35 was an amazing model,
                              It still is. It can fly rings around just about any other foamie EDF on the market.

Comment

• Hello Captain,

as you mentioned UK pounds as the currency, I assume you are in the UK. This company on the continent has them in stock. They have both the kit and the full PNP version. I bought from that company a few times before and things were okay. You could also buy the TV units for the MiG from motionrc.eu, they also currently have them, but not the plane.

Cheers and good flying,
                                Henrik

Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                Been thinking about treating myself to the Mig 29 .I have always wanted one but thought almost £600 for a foamy is a bit much

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Rich View Post
                                  I've never used tailerons, but after seeing your videos I'm thinking of trying it. Any tips on that?
                                  My tip would be: They are mandatory. Do it :-).

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                    ​ Very clever! I'm a Sinatra music fan, so this was a great video between the flying, music, and theme. Excellent stuff ​.
                                    Happy to see the video was enjoyed! :)

Originally posted by RC Rich View Post
                                    I've never used tailerons, but after seeing your videos I'm thinking of trying it. Any tips on that? Also, could you please share any control surface throws that are different than what the manual calls for.
                                    Will do write it down and share here! :)

Nothing really strange though, just add elevon mix to the stabs (or for OTx-like radios, that's just passing an individual pitch and roll mix for every stab channel, 4 mixes in total), make sure you check endpoints so the stabs don't bind and use a decent amount of expo. :)

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                    better than counting sheep.
                                    Funny... everytime I show my edited vids to dad he falls asleep!
                                    ​​​​

Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                    If it's not going quick enough for the control surfaces to be effective then I'm not sure you want to be airborne?
                                    That's what the TV is for!

Originally posted by HK111 View Post
                                    THAT's the spirit. ( :

Comment

• Airguardian only because your flights are so smooth and relaxing, not a knock on the video.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by HK111 View Post
                                        Just curious, why on a jet that may already have elevator / elevator servo issues would you want to add additional responsibility to those possibly flawed parts? I understand the argument for a better flying jet or even for a more scale control surface setup but with tailerons if I was to, for example bank left while climbing (typically how most take offs go at my field due to the treeline) my right elevator would be put under quite a bit more stress due to it being more deflected than the left. At least as just elevators the stabs work together to do the same job but in a taileron configuration one servo can be working much harder than the other possibility increasing the chance of failure. I'm no full scale pilot nor do I have any degrees in aerodynamics, just the way it seems to me. Let me know if I'm not looking at this right. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                          It still is. It can fly rings around just about any other foamie EDF on the market.
                                          It can, and there's a reason why I still have another one sitting new in the box :D

But it also has some pretty dramatic drawbacks, some easily fixed, others not so much.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Working...
                                          X