Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright friends, i told my wife about a serious depression that I am about to plunge in and the only remedy known to man kind is to order another ART F-16 V2. Let me just say this friends; in 2 weeks, i will be fully cured... ;)

I also asked Motion RC if i can mount Freewing 3000kV motor onto 70mm 12 blade EDF fan unit.. will see what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
      Let me just say this friends; in 2 weeks, i will be fully cured... ;)
      That's what we all say....

Comment

• I was out surfing the web for batteries and came across MaxAmp. That gave me an idea to write out 6s setup and see what it looks like on paper. I know, I sound like a total nube but, hear me out.
        What if for 6s setup, I can use lighter battery? I don't have to use 6s 5000 even though it would be nice to have more flight time but, there is always a trade off. So, what i need to fine out is how long of a flight time I will have if I were to use something like 6s 2800 (368g) from MaxAmp? That battery is significantly lighter than 4s 5k Admiral (500g), or use 6s 3250 at (483g) which is pretty close to 4s 5k Admiral.
        What I don't want to do is to purchase different batteries for each plane. Currently I have 3 flying planes. 2 of them run 4s setup where I use 4s 5k Admirals and new Su-35 that takes 6s and I already bought 3 6s 5000 Admirals for it. If I convert F-16 to 6s and use something like 3250s I can use same batteries in Sukhoi by combining them into 6500. The 6s 5k Admirals run little over 700 grams. With 2 3250s it will be a bit heavier but I hear people are saying Su is very stable and can handle weight just fine.

Guys, I am just thinking out loud here. Flying EDFs is a bit different from flying WW2 prop birds. Just as an example, with good throttle management while cruising around, I can get about 25min of flight time on my P-47, on 4s 5k Admiral. Now, EDFs are something way different, that's for sure.

Comment

• 25 minutes, that's some good throttle management!

Yea, EDFs are much different then prop. Higher current draw, less flight time. For reference, I get 3.5min on my 6S 3700mAH 45C packs for this F-16

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            I get 3.5min on my 6S 3700mAH 45C packs for this F-16
            Ouch...

Motion RC replied and yes, I can use that FW 3000kV motor with 70mm 12 blade fan.. i'll go ahead and place an order, see what happens in the air and if all fails... there is always 6s option.

Comment

I wonder, how would it handle 6s 5000 battery... Will it be too heavy? Maybe use a combo of 2300kv EDF with 6s 5000... anyone tried this before?
              I was running 4s 5000 Admiral Pro 60C on 2850KV motor and it felt significantly under powered, plus adding fpv equipment to the total weight of the plane.
              Dont get me wrong though, I think 4s with 2850kv motor will do just fine for a new EDF pilot... just can't add any more weight to it lol. I had few close calls on my first flights, watching my brand new plane barely clear the tree line and slowly gaining altitude.

So, i am definitely getting another one for sure and was thinking about following setup i can experiment with, please let me know what you think
              1. go with 6s 5000 and 2300kv motor. Will it gain performance with 6s 5000 Admiral, or will it be heavy and i will end up having same issues as i did with 4s?
              or
              2. go with 4s but, use something like 3000 to 3500kv motor... Will have to get 100+Amp ESC but, i think it might just give a bit more thrust than the "stock" 4s 2850kv motor.

What do you guys think?
              For what it’s worth, I just lost my arctic camo after 4 days. I have two HRB 6s 5000mah batteries I’ve been using for my 1600 spitfire. I figured I’d give it a try. I’ve read some guys using 5000 shoved in as far as possible. First flight was great, but I had to use every last bit of up trim. Otherwise it flew great with plenty of power. After the centerburner mod I then added a total of 2.4oz of weights in tail which resulted in a cg of 90mm. I had a total of 4 flights and while it flew ok at that cg, it felt like it could go further back. I added another 1.2 oz which gave it a cg of 100mm. I had 4 flights on Monday and it flew great with the exception that it had no power. Once up at altitude it was fine, but I tried a split s from takeoff and it stalled. I recovered just fine, but didn’t clear a tree. I have already ordered another, but this time I plan on using a 4000mah max unless I replace the motor with something with a lot more power to compensate for the extra weight.

Comment

• dlink72, what motor did you use in that one?
                Freewing 3048-2150?

Comment

dlink72, what motor did you use in that one?
                  Freewing 3048-2150?
                  Mine was 3048-2300

Comment

• Damn dude, that sucks.
                    I guess it will take time to experiment with different setup options.

Below is my maiden on 4s and few takeoff and landings... before i crashed.

Comment

• Anyone know how to install landing gear door to freewing 70mm f16

Comment

• Sky... I am not sure if FW F-16 v2 70mm comes with landing gear doors. Are you talking about custom made or an upgrade that you can purchase?

Comment

• I don't think it'll be worth the time or aggravation installing gear doors on the 70mm model. I'd get to know the 70, then just upgrade to the 90mm with the more scale features. It'll probably save you hours of labor trying to tinker with getting the 70mm in order. I've already made the mistake of trying to get too cute with the high performance version of the 70mm, namely the battery issues mentioned above. Just fly the thing and enjoy it.

Comment

• Yes I want to modify it

Comment

• Just finished building my first Freewing Jet. I have flown many turbines and other EDF's but never freewing. So hyped to get this in the air because I myself dont own a turbine for money reasons so I think this will get my jet fix! Got 3 Zippy 4000 60C batteries and here is a picture of the buildClick image for larger version  Name:	My F-16.JPG Views:	1 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	162553

Comment

• Welcome! Good luck and blue skies!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Due to an unscheduled landing, I snapped the nose gear strut pin. I have not been able to find a replacement. I really don't want to buy a complete nose gear assembly. Has anybody found a solution or am I the first one to do this. Thinking maybe going to a 4mm pin as I can find them.

Comment

• More fun with the F16

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                                      Due to an unscheduled landing, I snapped the nose gear strut pin. I have not been able to find a replacement. I really don't want to buy a complete nose gear assembly. Has anybody found a solution or am I the first one to do this. Thinking maybe going to a 4mm pin as I can find them.
                                      I can mail you one if you want for free.

Comment

• I need a rt main retract. Anyone have one laying around?

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I can mail you one if you want for free.
                                          Sounds great. will pm you info. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X