X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mongo View Post
    is anybody making one of the printed nose gear support plates for the A-4 yet?
    Mongo, I asked the same question on Motion RCs Facebook page. Ive searched thingiverse, yaggie, etc... but I can't seem to find one. Im having to replace my nose gear after a very hard landing that I believe a nose gear brace could've saved it. Come on guys, anybody know if there is a nose gear brace file or printed part available? Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
      Does this plane handle grass well with the long front nose gear? Figure high alpha like a F-16 to slow it down and try to ride out as long as you can after the mains touch. Our grass is soft and short but the field in certain spots is bumpy.
      I fly mine from a grass field often. The nose gear is surprisingly strong and I haven't had to replace it yet. I landed it in an plowed dirt field once (accidentally of course) and I was shocked that the gear held up, it didn't break! (it was amazing and I certainly don't recommend it). I did have some scuffs on the nose and broke the refueling probe off.

Of course that tall nose gear is not going to hold up to a crash landing, but this jet can be brought in fairly slowly with the nose up with some practice (like you said) and handles grass just fine. Landing on grass is like having brakes. I'm sure grass ops might be easier with some other jets, like the A10 for example, but if you really want the Skyhawk go ahead and get it, you can do it. Just avoid the potholes.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mongo View Post
        is anybody making one of the printed nose gear support plates for the A-4 yet?
        Just go up to post #2106

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post

Mongo, I asked the same question on Motion RCs Facebook page. Ive searched thingiverse, yaggie, etc... but I can't seem to find one. Im having to replace my nose gear after a very hard landing that I believe a nose gear brace could've saved it. Come on guys, anybody know if there is a nose gear brace file or printed part available? Cheers!
          I designed one for mine but found an additional mod even more helpful in conjunction with it. If you don't mind cutting into the foam belly a little just aft of the nose gear bay.

Comment

• RCJetDude... can you show a pic of your brace and additional mod?

Comment

• thanks,
              now to find someone to print it...
              when they outlaw R/C, only outlaws will have R/C

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
                RCJetDude... can you show a pic of your brace and additional mod?
                Here you go. I added a wide piece of basswood that I embedded in the belly that the plate butts up against. The foam by itself was just not enough. The basswood speads the load and works much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190807_234240.jpg
Views:	1450
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	209542

Comment

• my long awaited A-4 arrived yesterday... sure is bigger in person

started assembly last night and had to stop as the rudder servo started screaming... stripped ... frustrated I called it a night and this morning called Motion who said to create a ticket, so I did... then I go to check the plane over again, cycled the retracts a couple times and the port retract sticks\stays midway down.... what the heck?

are all these servos an issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by HuffDaddy View Post
                    my long awaited A-4 arrived yesterday... sure is bigger in person

started assembly last night and had to stop as the rudder servo started screaming... stripped ... frustrated I called it a night and this morning called Motion who said to create a ticket, so I did... then I go to check the plane over again, cycled the retracts a couple times and the port retract sticks\stays midway down.... what the heck?

Patients is a good thing in this hobby mate. I'm certain it's a bummer that ya got some bad parts on a plane you have clearly been wanting. This kind of thing happens with all models from all companies. But the good thing is ya got it from Motion. These guys will do there very best to make sure they take care of ya mate. It just takes a little time. Sucks I know. About half of all the models I buy have something wrong, one way or another. FYI.

Woodcock

Comment

Hang in there. These are great jets, and Motion will make it right for you. Planning a 223 Bulldog scheme?!

Did some quasi formation flying today with another Scooter at the E-Jets event, Deer Creek State Park, Ohio. Big fun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1231
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	212832

Comment

• I'm hoping he comes back with an explanation of what happened that takes the "blame" off Free Wing...

Comment

• Got to maiden my A-4 Sunday. Grass Field, No Flaps on initial flight. She took right to the skys. Admiral Pro 6000 50c. no gyro. winds 5-10 just slightly cross the field. I never had to make one click of trim. What a great aircraft. Callie Graphics
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
                            Got to maiden my A-4 Sunday. Grass Field, No Flaps on initial flight. She took right to the skys. Admiral Pro 6000 50c. no gyro. winds 5-10 just slightly cross the field. I never had to make one click of trim. What a great aircraft. Callie Graphics
                            JDC, Great looking Model, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I had the same issue with one of the mains. It was an issue with the rotation pin. i just replaced it complete retract and its been butter ever since.

Comment

• Get it Dustin!

Comment

Got to maiden my A-4 Sunday. Grass Field, No Flaps on initial flight. She took right to the skys. Admiral Pro 6000 50c. no gyro. winds 5-10 just slightly cross the field. I never had to make one click of trim. What a great aircraft. Callie Graphics
                                  Congratulations! looks great too. This is under rated jet and tons of fun. It can be a nit tricky during landing but very predictable.
                                  Rich

Comment

• Easy to land because it can go so slow. It’s a delta...

Comment

• Nice Maiden on the A4 today. Very nice machine! I set her up with control throws per RC Geeks recommendations. Callie decals for Adm Stockdale's ride. Some light weathering as well

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post

Congratulations! looks great too. This is under rated jet and tons of fun. It can be a nit tricky during landing but very predictable.
                                        Rich
                                        more i fly it, the more i really enjoy this bird. it is such a presence in the air. piercing speed and awesome photo opportunity casual pace flybys.

i did manage to snap it twice on a reverse cuban, but she recovered nicely. Lots of elevator authority.

only item i keep struggling with is getting her to settle nose up when i drop the flaps for landings. wants to push the nose down slightly with each step of flap.

Flying off Grass field and she handles it well.

Comment

more i fly it, the more i really enjoy this bird. it is such a presence in the air. piercing speed and awesome photo opportunity casual pace flybys.

i did manage to snap it twice on a reverse cuban, but she recovered nicely. Lots of elevator authority.

only item i keep struggling with is getting her to settle nose up when i drop the flaps for landings. wants to push the nose down slightly with each step of flap.

Flying off Grass field and she handles it well.
                                          I agree this is a great jet! It handles like it a sports car in the air.

Enjoy....

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                          X