Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally agree Steve, CB did an outstanding paint job on his A-10, I'm hoping we see a sister ship in the near or at least not-too-distant future.
    Seemed to be your year for mid airs, but at least the P-47 survived virtually intact!
    Here she is in all her glory, gone but not forgotten.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0846.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	104062Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0851.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	104063Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	104064Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0850.JPG
Views:	637
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	104065

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Oh....... there WILL be an Artic II Gman. ;)That line up of Warty's in pic 3 by Steve, Ryan, myself and Mike is remembered like it was yesterday.:Cool:

Now back to the regularly scheduled BAE Hawk talk
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        Oh....... there WILL be an Artic II Gman. ;)
        I'll start sharpening my Corsair prop [voice]diabolical laugh[/voice] ;)

TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• LOL
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• My tribute to the short lived Navy jet trainer....Temco TT-1 Pinto.

Comment

• Stunning . Love the yellow
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Thanks Hawk!

Comment

• Beauiful rendition Tony. I bet that is easy to see in the sky.

Comment

• wow if its yellow it hs to be old...I was at whiteing field in 1970 and they only had one yellow t28 left and it was the bail out trainer (unflyable)

Comment

• New guy to this forum guys. Hope to learn a lot. First question, I was a little disappointed to find the finish of the Hawk to be Matt. What do you think about an acrylic gloss clear coat?

Comment

• Originally posted by welshman View Post
                        New guy to this forum guys. Hope to learn a lot. First question, I was a little disappointed to find the finish of the Hawk to be Matt. What do you think about an acrylic gloss clear coat?
                        Welcome aboard. Go for it. Did you get the red arrow?

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome. Yes I did and being ex RAF I remember a little (lot) BS goes a long way.

Comment

• Just for the record, I personally have never seen a very glossy finish on any of the planes that have recently come out but they haven't been terribly matte either. Usually more of a satin finish. I have only seen pictures of the red arrow as mine was the base gray version but I am sure it could stand to have a more glossy finish being what it is.

Comment

• iam no painter but wouldn't a clear coat make it shine?

Comment

• Yep, it will!!Minwax, Spar Varathane water based is the way to go!
                                Before Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8914.JPG
Views:	790
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	104253

After Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9483.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	104254

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• What a difference! Helps me envision what my Blue Angel might look like.

Comment

• You can get the minwax glossy in a rattle can now. Could also glass it. Kind of tricky though and adds weight.
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• When I was painting mine, I sprayed the Minwax Glossy in a spray can like dahawk said. Just make sure the spray is even. Try not to get it to pool or have droplets on the surfaces. Clean the spray can nozzle after a few moments of spraying because it can collect at the spray can tip. Because the pattern I painted is based on a show plane, like the Blue Angels, I felt it had to be glossy in the end. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        What a difference! Helps me envision what my Blue Angel might look like.
                                        If I remember correctly, Gman was the predecessor on the Minwax gloss treatment with a demo on his Bearcat last year.
                                        I'm surprised you didn't see it at NEFI this year Steve. In person it really does shine and he did it using a foam brush :Cool:
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

If I remember correctly, Gman was the predecessor on the Minwax gloss treatment with a demo on his Bearcat last year.
                                          I'm surprised you didn't see it at NEFI this year Steve. In person it really does shine and he did it using a foam brush :Cool:
                                          I think something happened to it before I got there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X