X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

Congrats!! Let us know what you think of the build quality, fit and finish, etc if you don't mind!
    I'll post my findings when I receive the plane. I don't sugar coat anything, prefer to tell it as it is. At least my opinion for what its worth. LOL

Comment

ordered one. Saw it live at the pomona convention and it looked pretty cool

Comment

I ordered mine this morning.
        BA scheme,although will probably end up a AC 130

Comment

Need to setup some JATO rockets on it!:):Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by handyman220 View Post

I'll post my findings when I receive the plane. I don't sugar coat anything, prefer to tell it as it is. At least my opinion for what its worth. LOL
            Please do. It would be appreciated. The reviews so far on the other site seem just a little too much "sugar". A comment was made that no landing has been shown where the plane didn't come in "hot". They all make the excuse that most of the flights so far have been done in high winds. However, in my mind, if there were high winds, wouldn't the plane land into the wind and hence, wouldn't that slow it down? So why does they all look like they come in so fast? And in many of the videos, the plane appears to be a bit unstable in those winds. Perhaps a stabilizer would help in that endeavour.
            Now that the "discounts" have been corrected and removed for this plane, what is the current "regular" price for it? Someone said it was near $350.00 US. That's about at the limit of where I'm not sure I want one.

Comment

Am also curious about the hot landings and how well the doors would hold up on grass fields. The video that Robert Petrincic did was interesting and it seemed to hold up well to his landing and taxiing. I really want the plane but currently only have a DX6. I know it's possible to fly with only a 6 but being a prior Herc mechanic I would want all of the features, including the interesting flap setup it uses. So a decent 9+ radio plus the Herc would just not be reasonable right now. But I may just get the grey version and have Callie start on a custom decal set. Maybe a cool winter project would be designing (more like, ask someone to design) some JATO rockets and ski's while I save up for a "new" radio.

Comment

I paid 355.00,probably too much but thats life.
                I picked the plane up at Joe Nall and it is not that heavy...I cant imagine it will not slow down.

We shall see,I also fly off grass,alot of my planes i just remove the gear doors.

Im looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                  I paid 355.00,probably too much but thats life.
                  I picked the plane up at Joe Nall and it is not that heavy...I cant imagine it will not slow down.

We shall see,I also fly off grass,alot of my planes i just remove the gear doors.

Im looking forward to it.
                  I think "too much" is a matter of personal sentiment. But it seems every time I see someone post up what they paid, the price goes higher and higher. The early discounted ones were around $280.00US, then it was $330.00, then $345.00ish, now this. The spinning money wheel seems to stop at different places. I'm going to wait for their second batch and decide at that time. My preference is to wait for their Grumman Albatross.
                  As for this plane being able to slow down, I'd still like to see it. Perhaps most flyers to date have not had the inboard flaps dialed in properly or maybe people just don't feel comfortable flying it too slowly. I am reminded of my old HobbyKing C-47 "Jungle Jumper". It had to be flown much faster than I would have liked because of the tendency for it to drop a wing and head for dirt. There was no "leisure" flying with that one.

Comment

Also if you could take temp readings from the escs. 18 amps on 4s just worries me. Especially after my buddies bushmule experience having the bec overload just on the stock setup. That is currently my biggest worry with this plane. He had to change out the esc in the grand tundra as well for the same issue.

Comment

Here is my two cents worth.

Jim

Comment

Nice!!! Thanks for the great review!! Jerry

And thank you for your service Sir! God Bless....

Comment

Nice review. I got picked in the lottery but ultimately passed because I wasn't sure about the plane. Now I regret that decision.

Comment

I was going to wait, but I got a second chance notice on 11/22 so I could not past it up. :)
                            Ordered same day as the email.

Going rumor was that the discount code 'Hobbyking10' was not to work on this plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	719
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	163579
                            Fedex Bound!

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
                              I was going to wait, but I got a second chance notice on 11/22 so I could not past it up. :)
                              Ordered same day as the email.

Going rumor was that the discount code 'Hobbyking10' was not to work on this plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	719
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	163579
                              Fedex Bound!

Damn,nice catch!

Comment

Flew three more flights today. I'm using Admiral 3000 4 cell with my timer set to 7 minutes and coming back with 40% and up left in the battery. The plane seems very efficient.

So far the only real weak spot I've found is that the nose gear could have been just a little more beefy. Try not to land on the nose wheel, it will bend. It can be bent back, but it takes a bit trial and error to get it lined up so the doors work correctly. Landing on the mains is not hard, I just goofed when I first got this one. I have it back in alignment and working correctly.

It does need some rudder in turns, or it will drag the tail around. I have finally mixed some rudder in with the aileron.

It is a good looking model, in the air and on the ground.

Comment

Nice. The flight time sounds good. I have 2200's but hope my next size up -3600's - fit.

And by the way HOBBYKING10 isn't working on anything for me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                    Nice. The flight time sounds good. I have 2200's but hope my next size up -3600's - fit.

And by the way HOBBYKING10 isn't working on anything for me at the moment.
                                    Someone showed that a 3000 fit cross wise but that's not the problem. The problem will be balance.
                                    "HobbyKing10" worked in the beginning. IT WAS A MISTAKE! They caught it and made it defunct for this plane. The rep even said that those who got away with it should consider themselves very lucky. It won't happen again.

Comment

I don't know, but from the little I've seen I am hoping the battery sits on or close to the CG and weight won't be a huge concern.
                                      Can anyone answer that?

And I was referring to the fact that HOBBYKING10 is currently not working for any purchases at the moment. It appears it's disabled site wide.

Comment

The battery tray is set up for a 2200 battery to sit sideways across the fuselage very near the CG. There is a lot of room in there for larger batteries. I actually found I like mine nose heavy and place my battery ahead of the suggested location.

Also, keep in mind, my flight times are based on mostly 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and very little full throttle time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
                                          I don't know, but from the little I've seen I am hoping the battery sits on or close to the CG and weight won't be a huge concern.
                                          Can anyone answer that?

And I was referring to the fact that HOBBYKING10 is currently not working for any purchases at the moment. It appears it's disabled site wide.
                                          Yep, I tried to make a purchase Saturday and HOBBYKING10 has been disabled site-wide it seems. Purchase cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                          X