Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The factory cockpit seemed uninteresting to me. So I decided to make a new cockpit interior. I added a few elements.
    Attached Files

Comment

• nice makeover of the cockpit! What kit did you use for those parts?

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
        nice makeover of the cockpit! What kit did you use for those parts?

Davegee
        These are not kit or 3D printed parts. I made everything myself from what I had in the boxes, and the clocks and switches are photos from the Internet.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wow! Nicely done! I too have enjoyed making my own parts, especially aircraft or spacecraft cockpits.

Comment

• I am looking at getting the "Old Crow" P-51 but I want to change the livery al little bit. Anyone had success in removing water slide decals??

Comment

• Some people have used ice, I just painted over them

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3178.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	397071

Now in my case, I was going from Iron Ass to Old Crow but same process.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• I wish to add some red paint to the nose of plane.
                Will blue painters tape remove the silver paint from plane after painting?
                Thanks Steve

Comment

• Has anyone found a metal main gear damper set to replace the plastic ones? Had one of the plastic ones break recently in a very uneventful normal landing. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNES48 View Post
                    Has anyone found a metal main gear damper set to replace the plastic ones? Had one of the plastic ones break recently in a very uneventful normal landing. Thanks.
                    I have also had that problem. The strut wants to compress too much and snaps the Damper set. What I have done is take a 5mm solid carbon fiber rod, cut a piece about 1/4 inch long. place it inside the strut under the spring. That keeps it from compressing so much. I haven't had a problem since...

Comment

• Originally posted by falcon62 View Post

I have also had that problem. The strut wants to compress too much and snaps the Damper set. What I have done is take a 5mm solid carbon fiber rod, cut a piece about 1/4 inch long. place it inside the strut under the spring. That keeps it from compressing so much. I haven't had a problem since...
                      Do you mind sharing a photo

Comment

Working...
                      X