Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing people be grounded during certain parts of the year makes me so happy I live in San Diego. Unfortunately, for anyone with a 9-5 job daylight savings essentially grounds me during the week anyways. Why in the hell are we still using DST? Can anyone explain that to me? Freaking waste. It goes from getting dark past 9pm to getting dark at 4pm.

Comment

• It's not just the dst that does it, as it were, the winter time schedule would indeed be the natural time. When we spring ahead that is the artificial "extra hour" of sunlight. For the older hobby guy it makes no difference as if you wake up at sun up to fly you won't miss much flying time. But for the ones that work, yeah you're gonna miss flying during the week as the earth is banked so the sun is in the southern hemisphere predominantly. I always hated this time of year up north because of this. I couldn't wait to get back home to Texas where the tilt of the earth still gave about 1 more hour of sun in the evening vs Virginia. The shortest day here the sun set around 1740-1800, in Virginia it was starting to get dark closer to 1645-1700.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoLongSidekick View Post
        Seeing people be grounded during certain parts of the year makes me so happy I live in San Diego. Unfortunately, for anyone with a 9-5 job daylight savings essentially grounds me during the week anyways. Why in the hell are we still using DST? Can anyone explain that to me? Freaking waste. It goes from getting dark past 9pm to getting dark at 4pm.

I guess you can rig your stuff up with lights an do some night flight!........

Look honey ,its a UFO!...:Scared:

Comment

• ^YES!

Comment

• Actually, clocks and what time "noon" is, is an artificial thing developed by man and we could reassign the "time" any way we wanted.

Everyone on the planet could agree to go by UTC and never do daylight savings time again. It would work, You'd just get used to the different numbers on the clock when you get up, go to work, eat....

it would prevent a lot of confusion.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I love that original beat up paint. Mag on the front and smooth caps on the back, interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                Actually, clocks and what time "noon" is, is an artificial thing developed by man and we could reassign the "time" any way we wanted.

Everyone on the planet could agree to go by UTC and never do daylight savings time again. It would work, You'd just get used to the different numbers on the clock when you get up, go to work, eat....

it would prevent a lot of confusion.
                Yes, on both parts. I really wouldn't mind it to tell the truth.

Comment

• I love to know the history of this plane, won't be long until someone models it......
                  Hey Ryan, would the smooth caps from the FMS P-40 fit??

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    I love to know the history of this plane, won't be long until someone models it......
                    Hey Ryan, would the smooth caps from the FMS P-40 fit??

Grossman56
                    Nope, probably too big. The Robarts that come with both mag and smooth caps are the best choice. You may remember Tired Iron putting Robarts on his. He used the mag style. I have some on hand I'm going to fit to the P38. The real 23 skidoo has mags but I like the look of the smooth so much I may go for it. They just click in and out so changing them is easy.

Im hoping we will be carrying some of the Robart line of tires in the future.

Comment

• Hey that'd be great, especially the diamond tread.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I destroyed my Lightning a couple weeks ago in a really bad accident. So, I ordered me another one and when I received it, I was Shocked and Surprised. They now have a single connector on the wings! That will make assembly MUCH quicker in the field! Thank you Flightline!

Comment

• NICE!!!! so much better than the old setup! Love it love it love it!

Comment

• Went looking at the spare parts page for this new single connector but it hasn't been updated yet to show it.
                            I can't imagine that Motion is not aware of this change.
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• They slipped one past Alpha?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToFly View Post
                                I destroyed my Lightning a couple weeks ago in a really bad accident. So, I ordered me another one and when I received it, I was Shocked and Surprised. They now have a single connector on the wings! That will make assembly MUCH quicker in the field! Thank you Flightline!
                                Wow that really pisses me off. Just checked the one I literally received Monday and it has the numerous connectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToFly View Post
                                  I destroyed my Lightning a couple weeks ago in a really bad accident. So, I ordered me another one and when I received it, I was Shocked and Surprised. They now have a single connector on the wings! That will make assembly MUCH quicker in the field! Thank you Flightline!
                                  Was your dropshipped directly from China or from US warehouse?

Comment

• I sure would like to know what the hecks going on here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Was your dropshipped directly from China or from US warehouse?
                                      I ordered it over the weekend and received it in StLouis on Tuesday. UPS said it originated in champagne, IL.
                                      I wonder which connector the replacement wings would be, cause that could be a problem.

Comment

• Mine came out of IL as well. Wow that is so beyond lame. One or two days away and you get a much better system than I do. I ordered from MRC because I had heard of their amazing customer support. I am very eager to hear their explanation for this.

It's hard to tell because part of it is shrink wrapped, but it looks like a Molex connector.

Comment

• Just got their response. It was basically "you received the last of our old setup. Tough ****".

I can't stand when companies do this without letting potential customers know. Last time I'll order from MRC.

Comment

Working...
                                          X