X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening
    Just wanted to say thanks for this forum and especially this thread and thanks to Motion RC for a beautiful plane. A little over two years ago I started flying a Sport Cub as my first plane then moved on to a T-28 and flew the wings off them both. My goal was always to work up to the P-38, and tonight I flew the P-38 for the first time. Cannot even describe how good it felt to get her in the air. Still have some trim work to do to get it dialed in right but cannot put into words how much I feel like a kid again.

Comment

• Originally posted by digger38 View Post
      Good evening
      Just wanted to say thanks for this forum and especially this thread and thanks to Motion RC for a beautiful plane. A little over two years ago I started flying a Sport Cub as my first plane then moved on to a T-28 and flew the wings off them both. My goal was always to work up to the P-38, and tonight I flew the P-38 for the first time. Cannot even describe how good it felt to get her in the air. Still have some trim work to do to get it dialed in right but cannot put into words how much I feel like a kid again.
      AWESOME!!!!!!! She flies great! For sure.... Glad you are here! Welcome!! Jerry

Comment

• That's very cool! Congratulations!

Comment

Good evening
          Welcome to the Squawk Digger,
          Your comment above in bold lettering is EXACTLY how I feel every time I fly one of my warbirds :)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Same here. I have about 50 flyable planes, and the P-38 is my favorite. It’s my go-to plane. Every time I fly it, I feel like a kid again. Spectators and fellow flyers also love it and talk to me about the plane, after I’ve flown it.

A couple weeks ago, a nearby club had a Warbird Fly-in. They had a pilots’ choice contest, where entries had to have been flown that day. Even though I had some bigger planes, I chose to enter my Flightline P-38, and it finished second in the WWII category, which had the most entries. As you can see in the photo (Pilots’ Choice Winners), the P-38 was significantly smaller than the other winners, but that goes to show how much fellow flyers like the P-38.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	CEB8BDCA-6312-4EAA-B637-5D1E39E37CC1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	211.1 KB ID:	144006
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• This was a fun one

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome. Now that the maiden flights are under my belt will be concentrating on trimming her out then contacting Callie for some nose art with my wife's nick name on it.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Now that the maiden flights are under my belt will be concentrating on trimming her out then contacting Callie for some nose art with my wife's nick name on it.
                    Welcome!!!! Glad you are here!!! Congrats on the maiden.... :Cool:

Comment

• P-38's are my love hate aircraft. What a joy to fly one for sure.

Comment

• I got mine to 84 level flight flying clean no tanks in fpv

Comment

• on the ground it seems some what slower but I'm sure its haulin.

Comment

• I'm fixing to upload the video. It's a fun one. :)Watched it again. Couldn't remember if it was 84 or 83, but turned out it was 83 for the top end. Oops lol

Comment

• that's still fast

Comment

• Yes indeed the A10 got 96mph

Comment

•  

Comment

• I have a quick question regarding the spinner back plates and the motor temps... I took my props off immediately after a flight just to check the mount board integrity, the board was good to go, however the propshaft off the motor was very very warm to near hot! How much can that effect the integrity of the spinner back plates having that much contact with a hot surface?

Comment

• Topped out at 82mph with the stock canopy just doing wide open laps..

Comment

• WTG, on the ground it looks no where near that number. I have a crack starting on my center nose wheel well section.:Crying: Runs half way up from the rear of the wheel well.
                                        So mine is grounded until I can get it fixed. Grass landings I guess and many to boot. I've never had a hard landing.

Comment

• Yeah I worry about that on my field, it's really bumpy

Comment

Working...
                                          X