X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
    P.S. You'll have to be absolutely dead center to drill these or you will be ordering new guns with your next purchase from Motion RC !!!
    I used 1/16" on mine...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nose.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	39653
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yeah that's a cool mod for sure!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah, that looks great. I think I used 5/64" but that made it super critical to be centered. Also, because the "pacific silver" version has silver guns, I used a fat sharpie wide enough not to blacken the "cooling holes" in the outer jacket of the brownings to give it more of a sense of depth and kept the tips silver as well. I also used one of my wife's fine tip pens to blacken the two little scoops on the sides of those yellow engine covers on that beautiful Tired Iron of yours. Cheers, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by rtwatkins View Post

Damn Mr. frankenjet... that radio compartment looks amazing! love the wiring detail

Great work!
          TKS RT, I polished all the overspray off the canopy(used automotive plastic polish) and repainted it, looks better the canopy was really cloudy, glued her up today, I'm happy with it now.
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Nice job on the canopy!!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Woohoo! Pacific Silver P-38 video is finished. Hope you like my onboard shots. Had a lot of fun with this one. Looking forward to working up the Allied Green as well. The only thing better than one P-38 is TWO. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                Woohoo! Pacific Silver P-38 video is finished. Hope you like my onboard shots. Had a lot of fun with this one. Looking forward to working up the Allied Green as well. The only thing better than one P-38 is TWO. lol
                Great video Ryan!!
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Well done Ryan! Love the camera angle work! I added it to the product page.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Great video Ryan! Can't wait to get mine in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                      Woohoo! Pacific Silver P-38 video is finished. Hope you like my onboard shots. Had a lot of fun with this one. Looking forward to working up the Allied Green as well. The only thing better than one P-38 is TWO. lol
                      Great vid Ryan. The boom angle worked out really well, not much buffeting. Really nice stuff mate cheers. :)

(Ps: thanks for explaining one and a half mm is 1.5mm.) ;) lol

Comment

• buzzin the Mrs..had to do it
                        Attached Files
                        www.TSHobbies.com
                        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                          buzzin the Mrs..had to do it
                          LOL! Just missing the Mrs. ducking!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

LOL! Just missing the Mrs. ducking!
                            Makes sure they are paying attention , got to keep um on their toes !
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Great video Ryan , thanks for showing the flight envelop and so important to see how she comes in, great to show multiple approaches A+
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Ryan, great vid. With regards to the elevator did you set it up with the 4mm up trim per the manual? So, in the shot at around the 3:40 mark when you cycle the flaps the elevator appears to have a slight upward setting but I can't tell if it's 4mm. When you lower the flaps to position 1 (takeoff?) at that point the elevator looks pretty neutral then when you set the flaps in position 2 (landing) is when the elevator has some down. Is that correct?

Comment

• Well, at the field and irritated to report my P-38 suffered damage during an emergency landing. The wind is steady at 9-10mph but out of nowhere started gusting 15mph. I came down to land and noticed my front gear didnt deploy and was protruding from the bay so I waived off. I dont know if anyone else has had this problem, but my front gear has had an intermitent gremlin causing it to not cycle closed. It would lock up at roughly a 30° angle from the closed position. I cycled it about five times pre-flight after tweaking the steering linkage. All seemed fine. So I thought. The wind made landing hairy and I made multiple attempts to bring her down, cycling the gear multiple times to try and get the nose gear to drop. I knew the battery was getting dangerously low so I brought the gear up and made a belly landing with the nose gear locked at 30°. I landed in rough grass and dirt with clumps scattered thoughout.Two gear doors came off in the touchdown. One just pulled away from the bay with broken servo arm. The nose gear door, however, sheared at the pivot pin in addition to breaking the servo arm. The right bottom portion of the rudder was sheared in a straight line just below the horizontal stabilizer/elevator. Only the hinge pin is connecting it. Good news is nothing else on the body of the aircraft appears to be damaged, but the nose trunion is loose and likely needs replacing. Possibly the front gear strut if it is bent, but wont know until I get the nose retract to open fully. For the sake of safety I will replace both propellers entirely in case anything was stressed. Really frustrated over this nose gear. I really thought I had it sorted, but I was obviously wrong. Still, overall she is intact and will fly again after some shop TLC. Now to have a chat with the maintenance chief...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                    Ryan, great vid. With regards to the elevator did you set it up with the 4mm up trim per the manual? So, in the shot at around the 3:40 mark when you cycle the flaps the elevator appears to have a slight upward setting but I can't tell if it's 4mm. When you lower the flaps to position 1 (takeoff?) at that point the elevator looks pretty neutral then when you set the flaps in position 2 (landing) is when the elevator has some down. Is that correct?
                                    What you notice is correct. I followed the manual on the flaps with the down mix. As far as 4mm on elevator I'm not sure. I just trimmed it for level flight. I assume I'm there. On the flap mix I could probably use a little more down.

Comment

• I've having an issue with my P-38 and the ESC's. I have not mounted the props yet and will not until I get this problem figured out.

The throttle seems to be working fine, stick down no power, stick forward power.

If I turn the transmitter off both motors go into a low power mode, that would be bad with props on and you were not expecting it.

I have tried both of these methods to calibrate the ESC's:

I'm frustrated because I suspect the answer is right in from of me and I cannot see it. It's as if some kind of fail safe in the transmitter/receiver/ESC's is not working as expected, probably due to something I did.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• I decided to Google failsafe and ESC and found the information that fixed my problem. I rebound the transmitter to the receiver making sure the throttle was in the lowest position and now when I switch off the transmitter the motors do not spin. I'm guessing when I initially bound the equipment the throttle must not have been at the low end.

Before anyone tells me the proper order of powering things up and down I know what it is, I like to test my equipment in various states to make sure things behave like they should. :)

Comment

• What transmitter? Try rebinding with throttle trim down. Also, make sure the esc leads are y'd to the receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                          X