Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has a lot to do with the store, the one close to me calibrates theirs every morning and all the matches they've done for me are very good.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• One tip to reduce the likelihood of a bad scan: If the clerk is using a handheld color scanner, ensure he or she is holding the scanning head perfectly flush against the piece you brought in. Curved surfaces will allow light into the scanning head, which can result in an incorrect color formula. The Home Depot near me recently switched to using a handheld scanner with a scanning head approximately 3" x 5", so I must bring in horizontal stabs or wings, not fuselages or canopies.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by stitch View Post
        can anyone tell me the color for the green one? i have every military green i can find and still can,t match this green.
        I found a perfect match at ACE hardware for both green and blue. Just took in a drop tank hard point for the blue and the horizontal stab for the green.
        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• On the topic of painting, I've only ever airbrushed enamel paints, that I thin with paint thinner. I've been handbrushing the touch-up jobs with the Home Depot color-matched paints. I'm about to take on a bigger project (invasion striping), and will need to airbrush it. What do you use to thin the Home Depot latex paints for use in air brushes? Water?

Good info on the scanner. I'll watch what they're doing more carefully next time. The last time, I took in a wing from my EFlite P-47D and they scanned the wing top (OD Green) and wing bottom (grey). The grey was spot on, but the green was too dark.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

can anyone tell me the color for the green one? i have every military green i can find and still can,t match this green.
            I'm out of town for a couple days. If you haven't found a match by then. I'll take a picture of the color code i had made, that matches very good.
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Stitch.............. as Alpha and others have indicated that color tint variations can change from store to store. I have put the Home Depot mix that they did for my bird over in this thread.
              http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/ele...-38-paint-code
              Personally if it was me(which I did with my own), I'd just take the horizontal stab and have them scan it.
              Good luck,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Stitch.............. as Alpha and others have indicated that color tint variations can changed from store to store. I have put the Home Depot mix that they did for my bird over in this thread.

Personally if it was me(which I did with my own), I'd just take the horizontal stab and have them scan it.
                Good luck,
                The HZ stab and a drop tank hard point, if you haven't already glued it in.
                Bob Duncan

Comment

• well i got match for drop tanks here,but not green.just have a little scratch on wing was going to touch it up but heck it will need more after i fly it lol!

Comment

• home depot is like 30 miles from me lowes is 16 so may try them for scanning paint.anyone have bad luck at lowes for scanning?

Comment

home depot is like 30 miles from me lowes is 16 so may try them for scanning paint.anyone have bad luck at lowes for scanning?
                      Got an ACE hardware near by?
                      Bob Duncan

Comment

• They look great, guys!! Take to the skies with them. This from probably the biggest maiden-chicken on the Squawk. When I got the F8F, she was up in the air within two days of arrival, best thing I could have done, otherwise I could have dreamed up all the things that would/could go wrong.
                        The maiden was a piece of cake!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          They look great, guys!! Take to the skies with them. This from probably the biggest maiden-chicken on the Squawk. When I got the F8F, she was up in the air within two days of arrival, best thing I could have done, otherwise I could have dreamed up all the things that would/could go wrong.
                          The maiden was a piece of cake!

Grossman56
                          I agree! How many weeks and weeks has it been with all the messing and buggering about with the plane and it still hasn't seen sky yet. It'll be obsolete before it flies. I mean, doesn't foam degrade after a couple of years? :sick:

Comment

• HAR!!!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• We were privileged to enjoy a great weekend of flying together with old friends and new ones this weekend. Xplaneguy's Warbird Squadron showed up in force and we put 11 aircraft in the sky at once. Four or five bombers, fighters, and the new Tigercat. We also flew a couple P-38 formation flights. It's difficult to capture the fun in still photos, because the camera doesn't show the uniformity with which these aircraft are being flown, and just how consistent there spacing is as they fly a consistent circuit. Here are a couple of the fun stills. Eventually I'll need to edit the footage into a video.

Comment

• The Zero was very brave! I like the four engine P-38...

Comment

• Awesome pics.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Excellent pics!! :)
                                    I'm sure it was a great time at the field!!!
                                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Beautiful pictures, these Flightline planes have set the standard for foam warbirds going forward.
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Wow, how about that, Flightline rules!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Awesome! All winter I wish I lived in California.

Comment

Working...
                                          X