Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downwindleg, ran out of space on my DX6i and bought a DX8G2 over the summer, noticed the same thing and had the same awakening. Depending on wind speed and direction, a couple clicks on throttle trim and bingo. Great stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Dan, I'm assuming you've already programmed flaps to move? I don't fly Spektrum so I can't help you with your specific radio from direct experience. I Googled the instruction manual for the Spektrum DX18, and page 25 covers Mixing. Go to the Mixing menu, select Flaps and Elevator as the two channels to be mixed, then adjust the relationship between them by changing the percentage field. A Positive or Negative value will invert the relationship. Visually observe your elevator moving (up or down depending on the value) in relation to the flap being moved by your control. Adjust that value accordingly until the elevator moves the direction and degree you want for the given flap degree of movement.
      I've read different opinions on the direction of the elevator when flaps drop. Some say up (I can't understand the logic here), some say down. Down will help prevent the balloon effect. Pipe in yall....:dodgy:
      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Down.

Just installed the upgrade struts from Freewing. Very cool, glad I did. I filmed it so anyone interested be looking out for the vid.

Comment

• Neat! I'd like to see them in action! We worked hard on those little buggers.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post

I've read different opinions on the direction of the elevator when flaps drop. Some say up (I can't understand the logic here), some say down. Down will help prevent the balloon effect. Pipe in yall....:dodgy:
            Starting point per the manual is 4mm up.
            Take off flaps 1.5 mm down elevator mixed in.
            Landing flaps 3MM down elevator mixed in.
            Page 14 in the manual. I started with those numbers and adjusted according to my preferences.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Neat! I'd like to see them in action! We worked hard on those little buggers.
              Here's one of my flights with the strut/wheel upgrade.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nice flight Lon. Man, that baby really hauls in the tailwinds!

Comment

• Looks great Lon!!
                  Frictionless wheels I guess

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                    Nice flight Lon. Man, that baby really hauls in the tailwinds!
                    Thanks Sky Wolf!! It does have plenty of power....BUT, one of my winter projects is to not only to put a new paint job on her, but also install the sport upgrade motors. Installed the new 880 motors last night!! :)
                    Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Looks great Lon!!
                      Frictionless wheels I guess

Grossman56
                      They are the smoothest rolling wheels/retracts i've had on a plane.
                      Lon

Comment

• Thanks Callie!

Comment

• I loves me some Skidoo! Nice there Lon!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys for the flap mix help. Actually I figured out my problem shortly after I posted. Originally I had not set up the plane with the flap system. I had slowed the flaps down in the servo setup menu. So when I went back and set up flaps in the system menu then tried to mix flaps and elevator the two setups were fighting each other. I got rid of the flap speed setting in servo setup and the flap/elevator mix works fine. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warbird Dan View Post
                              Thanks guys for the flap mix help. Actually I figured out my problem shortly after I posted. Originally I had not set up the plane with the flap system. I had slowed the flaps down in the servo setup menu. So when I went back and set up flaps in the system menu then tried to mix flaps and elevator the two setups were fighting each other. I got rid of the flap speed setting in servo setup and the flap/elevator mix works fine. Thanks again for the help.
                              The 18 is great radio. Just keep playing with it.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I used the entire retract system with the strut upgrade for my scratch p39 build. I had to cut down some of the springs to make them workable for my lighter plane, but they are awesome all around and when I get this plane for FPV, I'll be ordering another set for it as well.

Comment

• Hi guys. New to this forum and new to Motion RC birds. Read the whole thread and got some great info. Been building and flying for a long time. My wife and I build and fly everything from Giant Scale to UMX. Just found out I'm getting this bird in silver from my wife for Christmas. I think she's a keeper (both my wife and this version of the Forkedtail Devil).

Really impressed with the effort you folks at Motion RC put into your product both in design and support. Can't wait for christmas to get here and get started!

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk TJ! And yes, you have a great wife! Perfect Christmas gift.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Twowing............It is really awesome that she is into the hobby building and flying with you...........she is a keeper!!!!
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Welcome.. There's very few in the world like that. You better keep her.
                                        Dewey l

Comment

• Welcome T,

You had better get that women a nice Christmas gift

Comment

Working...
                                          X