Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
    Really confused guys...

When reading through the thread before buying this beautiful bird so many of you were using the Admiral 3600's so thats what I decided to get. Only today, come to find out they dont look like they'd fit at all. The only thing I can assume is that maybe the company changed the shape of them? I noticed they seem very square in shape. :/

The only thing I can think of is trimming the inside but I dont really want to do that.
    I recollect that a lot of the folks using the 3600 were of the 50C variety which IS a thinner/longer case than the 40C .
    Please...Please DON'T slice up the sides of your fuselage to make them fit. Two of the new 4000 40C will fit in there without any hacking.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Yes some of our newer gen Admirals have indeed changed in dimensions. Some are smaller, some are wider, thinner, longer, shorter...It runs the gamut. If are recommended batteries (new gen) are not fitting, we need to fix that pronto. Go ahead and contact our Customer Support Team first thing Monday and they will fix the issue for you and I will be sure to edit the product page accordingly.
      The product page doesn't mention using any 3600, you won't have to edit ;)
      Clearly says (2) 2500 to 3000 or (1) 5000. I'm sure the CS's will try to help with in reason.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Clearly says (2) 2500 to 3000 or (1) 5000. I'm sure the CS's will try to help with in reason.
        Lol I'm in no way going to modify it to fit these. You are correct about the product page as well. I went with the recommendations from Pilot Ryan and others on here. I have just one question, will these be ok in the Tigercat??? If so, I'll keep these for that bird and just purchase something that will work for this one.

Will the new 4000 40c you're talking about be ok for CG?

Comment

Whew! I thought I screwed up somehow. Glad to know one less thing to worry about. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post

Lol I'm in no way going to modify it to fit these. You are correct about the product page as well. I went with the recommendations from Pilot Ryan and others on here. I have just one question, will these be ok in the Tigercat??? If so, I'll keep these for that bird and just purchase something that will work for this one.

Will the new 4000 40c you're talking about be ok for CG?
            Those 3600 will be fine in the Tiger, just not as much flight time as the folks using the larger capacity.
            The 38 is inherently nose heavy because of the main wing leading edge cross-member in the fuselage not allowing the battery(s) to slide aft far enough and that is the main reason for the manuals noted 4mm up trim on the elevator using the recommended batteries. The two 4000 are going to make it slightly more but many(myself included) have been flying it successfully as such.
            I personally added two ounces of stick weight to the underside of the horizontal stab near the fins to counteract this overall anomaly and help zero out the use of the 4mm trim.
            I hate flying a nose heavy bird with elevator dialed as directed in the manual and then having to use a bunch of down pressure to hold level inverted flight.
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Thanks for helping out here guys as I knew you would once put on the scent so to speak. I've used old and new 3600s in my F7F and they fit fine. Have yet to try the 4000s in her as I use those in the other warbirds, but you never know. The advantage of being at a field where you can recharge on site !

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Guys , I have a yet to be flown 38,

3 sets of admiral batteries.

2 sets 2500's 4S
                1 set 3000''s 4S

Can a get a solid 5 minutes out of the 2500's?

and maybe 6 out of the 3000's?

Let me know Thanks.

Thanks in advance!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Hey Guys , I have a yet to be flown 38,

3 sets of admiral batteries.

2 sets 2500's 4S
                  1 set 3000''s 4S

Can a get a solid 5 minutes out of the 2500's?

and maybe 6 out of the 3000's?

Let me know Thanks.

Thanks in advance!
                  Oh yes! Unless you have the need for speed most the time. 50-70% throttle except for a couple passes and/or big loops, and you will have no problem at all for those times.
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Only been here a short while. ( at the squawk) but Jeez you guys ROCK! Many Many Thanks! :-)
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Those 3600 will be fine in the Tiger, just not as much flight time as the folks using the larger capacity.
                      The 38 is inherently nose heavy because of the main wing leading edge cross-member in the fuselage not allowing the battery(s) to slide aft far enough and that is the main reason for the manuals noted 4mm up trim on the elevator using the recommended batteries. The two 4000 are going to make it slightly more but many(myself included) have been flying it successfully as such.
                      I personally added two ounces of stick weight to the underside of the horizontal stab near the fins to counteract this overall anomaly and help zero out the use of the 4mm trim.
                      I hate flying a nose heavy bird with elevator dialed as directed in the manual and then having to use a bunch of down pressure to hold level inverted flight.
                      what cg are you running ?
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• I maidened the P-38 for the first time today and all went well. I am using 2 admiral 3000s and after flying for 5 mins still had 70% capacity left. This bird flies fast and seems to have a heavy wing loading. Compared to the Tigercat, she is a bit more of a handful. Takes a minute to get used to the profile in the air. Landed perfectly with flaps. Pretty cool plane, not as rock solid on the air as the F7-F

Comment

• WooHoo! Got mine! In the process of putting her together. I've been applying the "decals" and noticed the plans call out 6 fuel tank filler red rings but I only have 5 decals. Am I losing my mined, or can't Freewing count? Is number 6 hiding somewhere?

Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I Too only have 5 :-/

Comment

• There are only 5 decals. If you notice, one of the locations is covered by the Stars & Bars, so no fuel tank sticker there.
                              Pat

Comment

• D'oh. Sheesh now I am feeling really old! :Silly:Thanks crxmanpat! :Cool:

Comment

• Hey guys. Just finished installing the Castle Main Gear per recommendation and noticed the strut springs are really soft. Is that going to be ok???

Comment

• Hey Plastic-Aviator, unless they've changed in the last six months,it shouldn't be. Mine work great, Brad

Comment

• The prop decals on the right side all came off. Could this be to imbalance or motor issue?
                                      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        There are only 5 decals. If you notice, one of the locations is covered by the Stars & Bars, so no fuel tank sticker there.
                                        Wish they included the Japanese kill decals.
                                        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• I made my own from these.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X