Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost got my repaint finished up today, just waiting for some more paint for touch ups and a nose art decal. She will be finished as Robin Old's Scat II. Base coated the model with 2 coats of varathane, and painted with testors spray cans and model master airbrush paints.

Comment

• Sweet! I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Sweet! I like it!
        Thanks rifleman! Spent a few hours troubleshooting and fixed my wiring issue. She's now good to go next time I'm at the field.

Comment

• Can't wait to see some air shots :)

Comment

• Love the RED rudders!!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Looks Great DD!:Cool:

Comment

Sweet! I like it!
                Hey Rifleman, you gonna be able to make it to the event in Grapevine to fly with Delta Dart (Mike), Pilot Ryan, Captain Mike and I on the 7th?

Looks like a less than 4 hour drive for you. It would be great to put more real faces with names.

Comment

• As much as I would love to, I have too much going on that weekend. Parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary, and my son is running a race in Comfort TX. Would have been great to meet everyone thought. One of my best friends is a member of the 149 field too. So it sucks I can't

Comment

• Family is always first! Have a great weekend.

Comment

• Yes yes! Y'all as well. Be sure to get some good video and pics!

Comment

Yes yes! Y'all as well. Be sure to get some good video and pics!
                        Will do man, wish you could make it!

Comment

• Finally got my P-38 back in the air after the repaint work. Also got my nose art decal from Callie. Scat II is officially ready! Flew great as always, but I think I need a bit of extra nose weight. Seemed to be a tad tail heavy during the flight.

Comment

• Sweet!!!

Comment

• Looks awesome DD:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks guys, I think this one will definitely be back in my regular flying rotation!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  Finally got my P-38 back in the air after the repaint work. Also got my nose art decal from Callie. Scat II is officially ready! Flew great as always, but I think I need a bit of extra nose weight. Seemed to be a tad tail heavy during the flight.
                                  Awesome shots!! Just too bad they don't have a 2 meter version of the fork tailed devil, Brad

Comment

• Hey is there a V2 coming out with the future with upgraded landing gear?

Comment

• Well, three flights after the repaint, I bid farewell to my P-38 at Warbirds Over Grapevine. I'm honestly still not sure exactly what happened that caused the crash. After my first flight that seemed a bit tail heavy, I added 47g in the nose to get the CG in the correct position. I took off, and had a great flight. Flew stable as always, and handled much better with the added nose weight. After about 3 patterns, I realized I forgot to set my timer (couldn't have been up more than 3 minutes), I dropped the gear and made my approach. At about 100 ft as I leveled off for final, the aircraft did a hard wingover to the left and headed for the small road behind the field. I recovered from the spin about 20 ft above the road, leveled out, and gunned the throttle to get it back up to altitude. As soon as I punched throttle, it did the same thing again and went nose first into the concrete. Aircraft is totaled from the nose back to the booms, both batteries taco'ed as well. After many hours of painting, customizing, and even machining special metal reinforcements for the props, I am a bit dismayed to say the least, and I don't think I'll get another one. After 40 flights without any issues at all, I'm clueless to what exactly happened, possibly single engine/batt failure? Had plenty of speed and was almost level at the time, so a stall doesn't seem likely to me. The only bright side is that I now have space on the airplane rack now, there may be an FMS Tigercat to take its place in the future..

Comment

• That was too bad kinda looked like a total loss of power or signal to me the way it went nose down and spiraled in. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Dirty rotten shame, Brad

Comment

Working...
                                          X