Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though I cannot justify it and told myself I didn't need another plane, you know what happened. DO335 on the way. I will see what I have hanging around that could be used before ordering anything else. I do have an eflite 105 degree retract that might work for the nosegear.... anyone with any thoughts on using it?

Comment

As a reward for being one of the first to punch the please-send-me-a-super-cool-Black-Horse-Do335-right-this-minute button, I had a big box sitting on my front porch when I returned home from the flying field today. Had a great day at the field, made even better with the delivery of my big, beautiful Arrow! Unfortunately, I didn't get a a chance to open the box, as I had to immediately leave the house again. I'll probably be up all night, though, fondling my new toy. :-)
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        For retracts, I went for the XWave RM400-90 called for on the Motion site. I've used them on another larger bird and like them. Pretty solid unit and they run smooth. Only two sets left.
        No sets left of the 3-pack XWave retracts, thanks to me. :-)
        There are some two-packs left though.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

No sets left of the 3-pack XWave retracts, thanks to me. :-)
          There are some two-packs left though.
          Was going to order those but was wondering what everyone was using for the nose gear retract? Let us know you're feelings after unboxing the arrow!

Comment

I invite you all to live vicariously though my exploits.
            I admit it. I'm as giddy as a school girl at a slumber party, to have finally gotten a nice Do-335.

I'm still debating about which motor to get: Flightline Spit 5055-390kv, Flightline F4U 5055-325kv (or there abouts), or the Admiral GP10 5030-400kv. I have both the Flightline Spitty and F4U at home. I'll look at those motors and prop adapters, to see if either of them will work well with the Do-335, assuming MAS 16x10x3 props.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

First glimpses.

Popped the top...
              Click image for larger version  Name:	9CAC2DFA-101F-40EF-BD27-75F0FAE78041.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.2 KB ID:	240725

Beautiful weathering printed into the covering.

1 battery bay, to answer my questions from a day or so ago. Servo Bay behind the cockpit
              Click image for larger version  Name:	D3900647-E90C-4DEC-A9EB-1A208BEA9754.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	240724

---
              Warbirder

Comment

Battery Bay, forward of cockpit.

Servo Bay, aft of cockpit.

Cockpit
                Cockpit removed to see internal structure. Tubes can be seen for pull-pull nosewheel steering. (See attachment)

Attached Files
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

Wing root. Wing attachment looks very similar to my Phoenix Model A-26. Structure looks to be ~3/16” lite ply.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	A28DF291-6740-483E-9C5C-533A3E693775.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	240736
                  Wing bottom, with servo wells for ailerons and flaps. Ailerons and flaps are hinged with CA hinges, not yet glued in place.

Name:	F9975470-D788-40F2-BF07-C94CE57942C3.jpeg
Views:	676
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	240735

Wing Upper Surface. Landing Light piece included in misc parts box.

Name:	470F4080-84C6-4C52-B149-3C358E8E139F.jpeg
Views:	700
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	240734

---
                  Warbirder

Comment

Vacuum-formed pieces. Pilot looks very cartoonish. I’ll probably look for a better pilot.

Struts look very strong, with suspension. Fixed. Metal plates for mounting struts. Mounting shaft measured to be 5mm.

Wheels are hard rubber with plastic hubs. Can’t really tell how well they’ll hold up. Mains measured to be about 3.25” dia. Nosewheel, 2.5”. Wheel diameters seem kinda small for a plane of this size. Not sure if the wheel diameters will be a problem on grass fields, but don’t think so.

Attached Files
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

I would suggest that u reinforce the 2 places shown below in the cockpit area…. seems to be a weak spot on mine it started to crack in these corners after about 40 flights..ps used your pic..

Name:	image_52099.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	240747

Comment

Name:	BH Do335 004.JPG
Views:	693
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	240749

Also I cut out the induvial pieces of the exhaust as the supplied ones are way to big..

Comment

Swaths of covering, upper and bottom surfaces, provided. Approximately 7.25” x 8.5”.

No assembly manual provided. Hopefully, one will made available on the Do-335 product page soon, like very very soon! :-)
                          Attached Files
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

https://www.manualslib.com/download/...ier-Do335.html

or

should be the same manual...

Comment

Thanks. Any comments on the robustness of the wheels. Do you fly on grass or a hard surface?
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

I flew it on grass and the wheels were fine :) make sure u check the grub screws on the oleo to 5mm wire …

And for those thinking of the 105 degree nose gear the retract mount are a top mount not a bottom mount of the eflite one , which could be use with some mod though..

Comment

Originally posted by Terminater007 View Post
                                  I flew it on grass and the wheels were fine :) make sure u check the grub screws on the oleo to 5mm wire …

And for those thinking of the 105 degree nose gear the retract mount are a top mount not a bottom mount of the eflite one , which could be use with some mod though..
                                  I was thinking of using the Eflite 105 degree nose gear, what do you think would have to be modified? Would it be major or minor mods? I don't have the plane in front of me yet to see the structure, should be here 3/12. What are you using for the nose gear retract?

Comment

Got mine as well. Lower vertical stab was broken loose. All else good.

Will replace pilot. I'm thinking Tru-turn spinners, Robart wheels, and some gear doors are in its future.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      Does anyone know why the Pfeil's nose gear is canted so far forward? The full scale one.

Comment

Would need to replicate the gear doors for the mains. Looks naked without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          Got mine as well. Lower vertical stab was broken loose. All else good.

Will replace pilot. I'm thinking Tru-turn spinners, Robart wheels, and some gear doors are in its future.
                                          Bummer, that the ventral vertical stab was busted. Is it repairable, or will you ask MRC to send you a replacement fuselage? The dorsal and ventral stabs seem really strong on mine.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X