Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that an EC5 adapter for 1 lipo to 2 esc's?

Comment

• Those are limited to one bat to two esc's. They would still need some soldering to be wired for 2x2 parallel.
      I'm thinking that even for the Nexa Bronco with 10ga, I could solder a lower gauge between the two EC5s same as Charlie's setup. The FL uses 14ga I think he said so going into an EC5 wont be an issue.
      My soldering skills are for hire

Comment

• I use a similar EC5 adapter on my FL P-38 for a 1 battery set up after switching esc's to EC5. I also have an EC5 2 battery set up. Don't see any performance difference, but I feel a bit safer with 1 battery.

Comment

• Join us this Friday at 12pm for a live unboxing, assembly and Q&A on the OV-10!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            Join us this Friday at 12pm for a live unboxing, assembly and Q&A on the OV-10!

It's just mean that we have to wait until late June. Our fields are just opening up again.

Comment

• So you would rather that Motion doesn't tell you a plane will be released?

Comment

• I have a special request for some basic measurements to scale my graphics to please.
                I would like the chord of the vertical and rudder and the length and height of the tail boom behind the wing. I can scale a picture in cad and then determine the size i need for the graphics.
                Anyone up for a desert camo Bronco? Im going with VMO-2 of course
                Now if i ever learn how to cad and 3d print, a D model nose would be awesome. Anyone thinking of pylons to mount a Sidewinder or a pair of Zuni tubes?????

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                  I have a special request for some basic measurements to scale my graphics to please.
                  I would like the chord of the vertical and rudder and the length and height of the tail boom behind the wing. I can scale a picture in cad and then determine the size i need for the graphics.
                  Anyone up for a desert camo Bronco? Im going with VMO-2 of course
                  Now if i ever learn how to cad and 3d print, a D model nose would be awesome. Anyone thinking of pylons to mount a Sidewinder or a pair of Zuni tubes?????
                  sam51401 I'll be glad to provide the measurements but your request of what specifically on the vertical stab is confusing.
                  Here's the rudder measurements:
                  Rudder Chord is 3 inch
                  Rudder Height is 8.5 inch @ hinge line.
                  Yes I will be adding some wing pylons since I do have about a dozen male/female FMS mounts in my supplies
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks Charlie, chord from LE to TE including rudder. Boom length and height. I know i could go off the wingspan scale but that may be a little misleading in scaling what LAR to fit the boom.
                    Much appreciated sir. Yes i have a few of those adapters also.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	tailUUchord.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	255444Click image for larger version  Name:	OV10tailmeasure.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	255445

Comment

Join us this Friday at 12pm for a live unboxing, assembly and Q&A on the OV-10!

Did I dream it or is it a case of "deja vu"? Didn't this occur about a month ago? They say "deja vu" is a form of epilepsy. I hope it's not that.

PS. I'm about to pre-order one of these. I just hope I didn't already do it.

Comment

• sam51401 Pics are worth a thousand words

Pic 1 > 6 inches
                        Pic 2 > 4 inches and 16 inches respectively
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                          ... Anyone thinking of pylons to mount a Sidewinder or a pair of Zuni tubes?????
                          I have the same question. We need Zunis! Lots of Zunis!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18156408_225913187893094_7171950573339984789_o.jpg
Views:	960
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	255545

Name:	18623245_235955433555536_4920711086177294707_o.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	255546

Name:	18738976_238642756620137_7042166664043306021_o.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	255547

Comment

• For anyone so inclined,

Name:	14023_88_2.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	255552

Name:	LAU10-2.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	255553

Name:	EDU672211_LAU-10AZuni_camo.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	255554

I'll post the LAU-10/A pod measurements tomorrow.

Comment

• Had some fun almost finishing this up tonight. Love the white wing version

Comment

• ps..........Gonna maiden mine tomorrow over at TJ's club and hopefully get some vid
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Had some fun almost finishing this up tonight. Love the white wing version
                                  Looks great.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• James & Warbird Charlie: Would be interested in your feedback on elevator trim with flaps; Up as in manual?

Narly

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post
                                      For anyone so inclined,

Name:	14023_88_2.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	255552

Name:	LAU10-2.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	255553

Name:	EDU672211_LAU-10AZuni_camo.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	255554

Will this work? It’s up on Thingiverse.com.

Name:	7DFAF5A0-13D2-40AA-9AD8-84CC5D069ED5.png
Views:	914
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	255766

I'll post the LAU-10/A pod measurements tomorrow.

Comment

• All right gang, i went and got a hair cut, FINALLY!!!!! At least in Indiana that is. Afterward i went to a Meijer, aka like a Walmart, to check out the rattle can selection for the desert camo scheme on the upcoming FL OV-10. Here are my picks..........
                                        I will cut the lettering and insignia from Oracle 651 Brown(picked up at a Michaels store). The smaller finer print of the ejection triangle, vertical propeller and such may have to be printed decals as i don't think my Cameo 3 will cut that small.
                                        Any chance of getting the boat to the dock earlier????

Name:	651brown.JPG
Views:	865
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	255869Click image for larger version

Name:	RobinsEgg.JPG
Views:	812
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	255870Click image for larger version

Name:	Almond.JPG
Views:	814
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	255871Click image for larger version

Name:	nutmeg.JPG
Views:	854
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	255872

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                                          James & Warbird Charlie: Would be interested in your feedback on elevator trim with flaps; Up as in manual?

Narly
                                          Narly That is so coincidental that you inquired on the flap/ele mix because I finally got to maiden it today.
                                          Too answer you straight to the point, I disagree with the manuals flap-to-elevator mix settings of UP elevator.
                                          I set per the manual and was presented with a handful when I had takeoff flaps (15 degrees) engaged during takeoff and when it rotated boy did it rotate.
                                          It started a good climb out angle that was well over 45 degrees which had me scrambling for my third hand to kill the flaps because I was also at the same time
                                          countering a 10+ mph crosswind. It ceased with the aggressive climb out when the flaps were neutralized and then I did a couple circuits trimming her out.
                                          Per the DX9 on the monitor screen it was 9 points(out of 100) of up ELE and 10 points of right AIL which are both really acceptable trim levels.
                                          At about the 100 ft level I engaged the flaps again and she reared her head and ballooned sharply...…..not good, so I brought her in for a flapless landing without incident crabbing against the crosswind.
                                          I wasn't able to verify if my mix settings were correct because I've never brought a manual with me on a maiden.
                                          (side note, when I got back home I checked the manual and I had done correctly as the manual instructed.)
                                          So I proceeded to program in the obvious requirement of down ELE mix which was exactly opposite of what I had for the up numbers.
                                          Put it back up and BINGO...…….no more ballooning. I was able to fly hands off the ELE stick doing some takeoff flap and landing flap dirty passes for pics being taken by TJ.
                                          The club member that had the only video capability had issues with the Ipad so all we could get were pics which I'll post as soon as I receive the email of them.
                                          We also got flight pics of TJ's Gilmore and he'll be posting those on his thread.
                                          So here are the DX9 settings for the Flap/Ele mix corrected for down elevator.
                                          -------------------------Flap--------Elev
                                          Pos 0 __________-100%____ 0%
                                          Pos1(15degree)_ -25%____ 15%
                                          Pos2(30degree)__25%____ 20%

Now as for the rest of the flight, you guys are gonna luv how this handles. The winds were really choppy and all over place but the Bronco really didn't care.
                                          After greasing about a half dozen touch n go's I purposely spanked a couple hard on the mains and as I've been shouting for years about this being THE BEST
                                          all terrain aircraft for us turf guys and it does get the job done.
                                          For those that want to venture into a twin engine platform this is the one to do it with because there is no gear mods required and it flies just as nice as the Tigercat.
                                          (which I've known for a long time )
                                          The twin 5000mAh packs of serial 2S pacs I used still had 60% left after the 8.5 minute final flight of the day with a 3.84 cell reading.
                                          I'm guessing the recommended 4000 packs should do 8 minutes with no problem and I will be bumping my timer up to 10 min.
                                          Stay tuned for the flight pics and my commentary on them
                                          Back in the Bronco saddle again
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X