Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    I'm done.
    MB, that just ain't right!! So sorry to hear of you bad luck. If you were closer, I'd buddy box with you on mine just to prove what a great bird it really is.
    Hang in there my friend, I know how it feels to lose brand new birds. MLG I went in on her maiden, flew great until I lowered the landing gear, turns out the gear sequencer was faulty and I lost contact, in she went.

Frossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey MB. Doesn't look like a complete loss to me mate. New Fuselage is 60 Bucks. You should consider repairing it.

Woody
      If it was just the fuse I would repair it but the wings are cracked at the nacelles so the whole airframe is toast.

Comment

• Hang in there.... Christmas is coming!!!!!!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Para1911A1 View Post
          Hey Guys,

I'm looking at adding a muli engine to my fleet. What are everyone's views on selection between F7F or P38??
          Hi Para,
          I have both models and I prefer the Tigercat over the P-38, It's a better flying airplane in my opinion and it looks good in the air. Easier to set up as well.

Comment

If it was just the fuse I would repair it but the wings are cracked at the nacelles so the whole airframe is toast.
            5 min epoxy work wonders MB. The beauty of foam is the repair-ability. Rule Number 1, make sure you pick up all the pieces. It's really pretty astonishing actually. The RC geek himself crashed an A-4 he was flying for the first time. It was literally a trash bag full of foam. few days later I saw him post a pic of the plane on his paint stand. You would have sworn it was a brand new A-4 sitting there for a custom livery. It's also fun, I almost always hate it in the beginning, and love it in the end. It's part of the hobby man, we fly, we have fun, we crash, and we rebuild. Just the circle I guess. I feel your pain, we've pretty much all been there. Hey man ya gotta do something while you wait for your new plane. I've always learned a lot of stuff about the plane I didn't know in the beginning when I restore one of these.

Best Regards
            Woody

Comment

• I prefer Gorilla Dries White for repairing foam. This fills any gaps with a relatively light, stiff foam.
              And tape the pieces securely while it sets up, regardless of glue choice.

Likely you'll want to do some sanding and painting to hide the repairs, so not a big concern about the tape lifting the paint.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I was looking at the wings and they look to be repairable so I might well try to fix this bird. It might fly better with repaired parts:Silly:. I got plenty amount of Foamtac I'll get some gorilla glue to get the repairs going. It is rough when I crashed it and was bummed out the rest of the day but after looking at it today I'll get another fuse and try again.

Just ordered the fuse and some misc parts. There are some parts that I need but they are out of stock right now.
                Last edited by Mad Baron; Oct 14, 2018, 05:47 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Yeah sometimes it takes a day or so to regroup

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    I prefer Gorilla Dries White for repairing foam. This fills any gaps with a relatively light, stiff foam.
                    And tape the pieces securely while it sets up, regardless of glue choice.

Likely you'll want to do some sanding and painting to hide the repairs, so not a big concern about the tape lifting the paint.
                    One of my best friends swears by that stuff. He recently did a major repair on a FreeWing 70mm F-16. You couldn't even tell it had been damaged. He took it straight in, front 3rd of the jet was a total mishmash. I thought he got a new fuselage. I have to try that stuff.
                    My friends F-16 was much, much worse then Doc's F7F.

Woody

Comment

I was looking at the wings and they look to be repairable so I might well try to fix this bird. It might fly better with repaired parts:Silly:. I got plenty amount of Foamtac I'll get some gorilla glue to get the repairs going. It is rough when I crashed it and was bummed out the rest of the day but after looking at it today I'll get another fuse and try again.
                      Atta Boy MB. It can be fun, always sucks at first. But if ya can repair it for say less than a hundred. Look at the money you save. Seriously mate, from the look of it, I'd attempt to repair it. Very important you make sure you have all the pieces.

Woody

Comment

• Go for it MB, nothing to lose, just wrapping up My Little Gal, I stuffed her in a waste box over a year ago, and took a good look and thought ,"What the Hell" and went for it. It's like going into the basement and seeing a ghost!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for all the encouragement. I will be sure to post my progress as soon as I get the new parts. Got lucky I got the last fuse MRC had in stock.

Comment

• You got this, Mad Baron! She'll be prowling the skies again in no time! Everything always flies better after a little bit of glue, anyway.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have a ton of spare plastic parts.... Let me know what you are missing!!! Jerry

Comment

I was looking at the wings and they look to be repairable so I might well try to fix this bird. It might fly better with repaired parts:Silly:. I got plenty amount of Foamtac I'll get some gorilla glue to get the repairs going. It is rough when I crashed it and was bummed out the rest of the day but after looking at it today I'll get another fuse and try again.

Just ordered the fuse and some misc parts. There are some parts that I need but they are out of stock right now.
                                Foamtac works wonders! I have used it many times to repair broken wings and have not have any issues many flights later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  I have a ton of spare plastic parts.... Let me know what you are missing!!! Jerry
                                  Thanks I am needing the nose wheel doors and the cover that the doors connect to. Also am needing the nose wheel retract mount. Juse let me know what you want for the parts. The crash really destroyed the fuse in front of the wings. When I get home from work I'll look to see if that's all I might need.
                                  thanks
                                  Nick

Comment

• I got some white Gorilla glue today never used this glue before

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      You got this, Mad Baron! She'll be prowling the skies again in no time! Everything always flies better after a little bit of glue, anyway.
                                      My thoughts exactly, a couple of crashes gets the kinks out of her. It's like the first scratch on a new car!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

My thoughts exactly, a couple of crashes gets the kinks out of her. It's like the first scratch on a new car!

Grossman56
                                        I hope this is the last crash of this one!;)

Comment

• MadBaron, Crashed mine bad Twice... 1st time on it's maiden.

Comment

Working...
                                          X