X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    I would like to see what it would be at altitude. I know 4500 ft made a huge difference in how the power system reacts. Im sure that would reduce amp pull as well. But by how much? I wish i would have had my power meter to test that. From sea level to 4500 ft
    So the 64A number for the 880kV 3 blade was @ my ASL of 800

For sea level it is 65A and at 4500 ASL it is 60A
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ah gotcha that about what i was figuring far as any dump off. I just know how anemic the seawind felt on diamond lake Oregon

Comment

• Our field is about 5000ft. In the summer we have an air density routinely north of 8500

Comment

• So could be possible it sounds like. Did the 600kv feel kinda anemic up there?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            So could be possible it sounds like. Did the 600kv feel kinda anemic up there?
            It did, but it wasn't terrible. The stock FMS 1400 birds were faster and made it look slow. Pretty much everything is designed for sea level. Usually we address the power issues by changing props. In some cases, like the eflite 5 bladed Spitfire the only solution was to replace the esc and run it at 4S. A lot of the flightline birds are the same way. If you want (really need - thank you ocd) to have the scale look your only choice is to up the motor or battery cells.

I run the LA7 with the high kv motor and regular 3 blade prop. Works great.

Sometimes I imagine a fantasy world where all planes were designed to fly well at this altitude, and absolutely scream at sea level. That Phantom.... Oh my!

Comment

• Worst case might have to get higher amp escs, maybe go to 70 amp? Ive been thinking about going to a higher pitch prop when i go back to Oregon with my seawind. Just wish there would be an ideal situation for scale props in higher altitudes. But i think itll be a 2 blade for it. I did fly mine today. Man its such a joy in the sky. I love the flightline twins, just cant beat them.

Comment

• post 1267
                Mine screamed at Nefi and does great sized loops and Immelmans at 5000 feet, its a bit of work but once you're done!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Can yours do this , all stock

Comment

• Nice lol!!!

Comment

• Well I finally got a weekend off! Going to the field tomorrow to take the Tcat back up since I got the flap issue fixed.:Cool:

Comment

• I'm done.

Comment

• :(:( So sorry to see that... Any idea what may have went wrong? Wow....

Comment

• After digging it out of the weeds and carrying it back to the pits I noticed that the ribbon wire on the right wing was loose. When I put it on the runway I checked the ribbon wire connections and they were secure. I don't if that caused the crash or not but when it was in flight I had to gave it max right aileron trim trying to obtain level flight and it never leveled out and it spun in. I would like to get another Tcat but the finances wont allow it.:Crying: I guess I will remove all the electronics.

Comment

• Dang man I hate to see that maybe you can replace it sometime in the future. I love mine it is so solid in the air and has really good power.

Comment

• What stinks about mine it wasn't even 16 days old. $350 down the drain...….

Comment

• Sorry , what a pity :Crying:, but the good (expensive) is the idea to change all the avionics.I wish you all the best.

Comment

• I’m sure it doesn’t help but the only thing I had on mine was the small issue with the flap rubbing on the aileron which only required a very small amount of trimming. The ribbon connector being loose on yours could have been a result of the accident mine snapped into the board and take a little effort to remove. Any way Sorry for the issues you had and like I said earlier maybe you can see your way clear to try again later it’s been a wonderful bird for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                      What stinks about mine it wasn't even 16 days old. $350 down the drain...….
                                      Hey MB. Doesn't look like a complete loss to me mate. New Fuselage is 60 Bucks. You should consider repairing it.

Woody

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I'm looking at adding a muli engine to my fleet. What are everyone's views on selection between F7F or P38??
                                        Gary

Comment

• Hi Para1911A1 (nice pistol, by the way), I lead the development team for both of these models and I think they both offer an enjoyable flying experience. In general, the F7F is the more modern of the two, having been developed after the P-38. Accordingly, the F7F incorporates newer features like larger wheels and more grass capable landing gear, less complex doors, and more organized wiring. The P-38, by comparison, can CG with either two 4s 2500/3000 *or* a single 4s 5000/6000 battery whereas the F7F's longer battery bay is really best for the recommended two separate 4s 3000/3600 batteries.

Colorwise, the P-38's silver is going to be the most resistant to sunlight out of the box. The olive drab, followed by the sea blue, in that order.

Overall, all things considered, I prefer the stock PNP F7F, followed by the Upgraded 2B P-38.
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X