Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the way MB, I can't get over the luck you've had so far, its such a great flying airplane.
    This time for sure, BTW, now you can epoxy that tail on. Also, you can puncture the fuse and tail with a skewer to allow the glue to flow into the pieces as well. If you really want to ensure it doesn't come off again, take small pieces of a skewer stick or something similar and shove them into the tail piece then apply the Epoxy to the tail piece and the skewers sticking out of it and slide that onto the fuse, sticking the skewers with epoxy on them into the fuse. That's as solid as you're going to get my friend!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I do truly hope it takes to the sky and flys like its supposed to do. I got the last box of parts today I still have to finish working on the nacelles to get the wrinkles smoothed out. I might name the plane 'wrinkles' or 'Phoenix' what do you think? I'm thinking Phoenix

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
        I have discovered through the heartache of crashing a newly purchased model, you can go through the entire thing during the rebuild and repair or improve the things you think are wrong. A lot of times, we get new planes, glue them together, slap on paint and decals, and get it in the air only to fall victim of electronical/mechanical failure we didn't see during the initial build. It is during the rebuild we improve on those shortcomings to make our models fly and behave ten times better then the first initial flights. Hang in there. As you rebuild, check and double check everything and pace yourself. Reinforce areas you think need it. Reroute and secure the electronics if you need to. Replace hinges, pushrods, control horns as needed. But once you get past the initial nervous bug of flying a plane you just crashed and spent all the time and money rebuilding, you will truly enjoy it. Plus, your plane then becomes one of a kind. And you know your plane more then before because of the rebuild process. I call it a relationship...lol.
        MB,

I believe rlcamden has explained very well how we all work thru the disappointment of crashing, weather it be a new plane or an old favorite with a motor or electronic swap.
        Have faith in yourself and your ability and the knowledge of everything's been done correctly to your standards.
        Now that all the parts have arrived, take your time and bring this "Phoenix" back from the ashes to fly majestically once again!
        I think I can safely say we are all looking forward to some pic's of the progress and the finished progress and a review of a Happy Mad Baron!

Hang in there my friend, you'll do great!;)

P.S. Think Positive!:Cool:

All the best, Dave

Comment

• Got the nacelles sanded down today got rid of almost all wrinkles! Just need to do some more sanding on the wings then I should be able to put the electronics in the fuse.:Cool:

Comment

• One step at a time. You can do it!
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
              Got the nacelles sanded down today got rid of almost all wrinkles! Just need to do some more sanding on the wings then I should be able to put the electronics in the fuse.:Cool:
              Good job!!!! It will be worth it for sure!! :Cool:

Comment

• On my Tigercat the left motor starts up then the right on kicks in about 1/8 throttle, is this common?

Comment

• Hello Doug and welcome to the Squawk!

Did you calibrate the ESC's in the build process? It's easy to do, Just plug one ESC into the throttle channel at a time. (Remember to remove the props for safety!)
                  Be sure to have the throttle trim at the lowest possible setting, then just follow the throttle range procedure that was included with your user manual.
                  Do this procedure for the other ESC, and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dave

Comment

• I traded a club member for it, so I don’t know what to do and he threw away the manual ! It has the upgraded speed controls and motors also. Any help would be appreciated and I’m a gas guy and don’t know a thing about electrics .
                    Thanks
                    Doug

Comment

• Got the nacelles mounted to the wings I have some play on the front of the nacelles probably due to the crash. I got the screws tightened down but got about 1/16" where I can move the front of the nacelle up & down I'm going to look to see how I can get them tight.:Thinking: This plane is going to look real rough on the remaiden showing the scars of the repair. :)

Comment

• There be wings! Well fly it a dozen times, then go for a custom paint job. Good Job man.

Woody

Comment

Got the nacelles mounted to the wings I have some play on the front of the nacelles probably due to the crash. I got the screws tightened down but got about 1/16" where I can move the front of the nacelle up & down I'm going to look to see how I can get them tight.:Thinking: This plane is going to look real rough on the remaiden showing the scars of the repair. :)
                          Don't even attempt to remaiden until you resolve that nacelle/wing movement.:Scared: Guarantee you won't be happy again if you try to fly it that way.;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That nacelle issue is something I am going to make right before it touches the runway. Just not sure why it's loose unless the the foam got compressed when it went in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug View Post
                              I traded a club member for it, so I don’t know what to do and he threw away the manual ! It has the upgraded speed controls and motors also. Any help would be appreciated and I’m a gas guy and don’t know a thing about electrics .
                              Thanks
                              Doug
                              The easiest way I can think of would be to unplug one of the white ribbon plugs to the wing.
                              Turn on the TX and confirm the trim for throttle is all the way down.
                              Push the throttle to wide open and plug in the battery to the ESC and wait about 2 seconds, the Beep-Beep tone should be emitted, signaling the top point of throttle range has been confirmed.
                              Immediately move throttle stick to the bottom position, several "beep tones should be emitted to present the amount of battery cells.
                              A long Beep tone should be emitted, means the lowest point of throttle range has been confirmed.
                              Now unplug the Esc battery and remove the ribbon cable for the wing you just calibrated and plug in the ribbon cable for the other wing. Repeat the same procedure for that motor.
                              Disconnect the ESC battery and connect the ribbon cable, and all should be good.:Cool:

Don't expect both motors to be exactly the same on start. Mine have a small lag between the 2 where 1 will run just a split second before the other. This neither effects the flight or the performance of this awesome plane!

Hope this helps, Dave
                              Last edited by Dual Prop Dave; Oct 23, 2018, 01:04 PM. Reason: Safety...Please remember to remove the Props before doing this procedure!

Comment

Got the nacelles mounted to the wings I have some play on the front of the nacelles probably due to the crash. I got the screws tightened down but got about 1/16" where I can move the front of the nacelle up & down I'm going to look to see how I can get them tight.:Thinking: This plane is going to look real rough on the remaiden showing the scars of the repair. :)
                                Looking Good MB!:Cool:
                                Like the other fellows stated, address any and all issues before the maiden. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug View Post
                                  I traded a club member for it, so I don’t know what to do and he threw away the manual ! It has the upgraded speed controls and motors also. Any help would be appreciated and I’m a gas guy and don’t know a thing about electrics .
                                  Thanks
                                  Doug
                                  Also Doug, If you go to the product page for the F7F and click on the support tab, you can download all the necessary Manuals he threw away.

Regards, Dave

Comment

• I found the issue with the nacelle moving it turns out that the wrinkles on the nacelles weakened them. I am going to have save some cash if I replace the nacelles, this plane is beating up my wallet...………..:Angry:

Comment

• Damn that sucks man... sorry to hear that one. However this is precisely the reason i dont want overly inflated birds... rebuilds are costly

Comment

• I wouldn't mind if it went in after flying a few months but it was only 16 days old and on its 2nd flight. I'll continue with the rebuild I am going to get some long toothpicks and try to strengthen the nacelles. I just can't afford 80 bucks for new nacelles I already spent too much money on this flightless bird.

Comment

• Yeah that is the worst...

Comment

Working...
                                          X