Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Mad Baron, please, do you know what the technical condition of the other F7F's in this forum is, because these facts have shocked me. I think that is a bad foam quality or ???. This is a very nice and expensive model, so all that's happening I find is an inadmissible flaw.Thanks in advance for your time.:Confused:
    Jos

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
      I found the issue with the nacelle moving it turns out that the wrinkles on the nacelles weakened them. I am going to have save some cash if I replace the nacelles, this plane is beating up my wallet...………..:Angry:
      Listen MB, the first thing I would like to preface this with this. When I repair something, I do it my way, and they're lots and lots of different ways. For me, I always consider the time and cost. The principal reason for repairing a plane for me is cost. If it cost more than a new one, heck just get a new on. LOL.

So with this said, what ya think about getting it flying again for minimum cost? With this in mind, I think you might consider aligning the nacelles in the proper location, and just using 5 min epoxy to glue them in position. I would begin by just using the epoxy to tack it in the proper location, then go back and reinforce securely. No it's not perfect. Only way to have perfect is to replace all the broken parts, TO EXPENSIVE FOR SURE. But your imperfect plane may just become one of your favorites. My personal favorite plane in my magazine of planes is a very imperfect plane, lots of repairs, lots of epoxy, it looks good though.

Just so ya know, I've been getting a lot of these plane kits lately that say, "NO GLUING REQUIRED". I always glue my wings and tail feathers on no matter what, even if it's got screws. I'll take a glue line along the entire base of the wing any day over attempting to hold it on with one or two screws. So I tend to glue stuff. Nice thing about 5 min. epoxy is, well it sets in 5 minutes. It's also a lot stronger than Cyano or Foam Tack. As it begins to set you will literally feel the plane getting stronger.

One last thing, everyone has a different way of doing this, filling and repairing foam. They have a expandable spray foam at Home Depot. I like this, my best friend likes gorilla glue. I like the spray foam because it becomes workable after about 2 hours. It gets hard and you can shape it and cut it. Doesn't cost much ether.

In case you didn't know, you can get the paint matched perfectly at the Home Depot Paint Department for about 6 dollars. Use a sample paint, it comes in semi gloss. If you want a flat you have to purchase a quart. I just use the semi gloss for the touch up, and put a coat of Minwax Polycrylic flat over it. Always comes out great for me.

Best Regards
      Woody

Comment

• Woody,

I do like your idea of gluing the nacelles I was considering gluing them on as well. I was at the point to send the parts I got back and order a new tcat but I would rather try to put it back together first. I got the paint to create a custom paint job after I get a good maiden flight out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
          Woody,

I do like your idea of gluing the nacelles I was considering gluing them on as well. I was at the point to send the parts I got back and order a new tcat but I would rather try to put it back together first. I got the paint to create a custom paint job after I get a good maiden flight out of it.
          Good for you MB!:Cool:

Don't let her win, stick to your guns and make her fly again!;)
          It'll be a plane you will be proud of and more than likely one of your favorites just because of what she put you through!:)

Don't worry about the repaint until after the maiden, after all most Warbirds didn't stay pretty for very long!

Comment

• I have got the fuse 90% finished I have to order some new springs for the gear doors since they disappeared at the crash site. I hope to have flight ready by Halloween:Ghost:

Comment

• You got this brother!

Comment

• What’s the average waiting period for the left hand props to come back in stock? Unfortunately broke mine on maiden and only was able to order spare right hand when I ordered plane 2 weeks ago. Also are admiral 4000 about the best fit without having to hack up the canopy tounge? I have two Hyperion 4000 but they are square like the admiral 3600’s. And really heavy.

Comment

• I use nanotech 4000s, i had to modify the battery strap position, but didnt have to mess with the hatch or anything else. The bottom battery goes all the way to the rear bulkhead, and the top hangs off the back to about 1" from the hatch magnets. Flys perfectly.

Comment

• Love that Turnigy stuff, especally the Nanotech Batts. Only batts. in my box are those and Admirals. Really haven't had good luck with Horizons batteries honestly. Will probably never purchase another. Horizon sells some cool stuff, their batteries aren't one of them.

Woody

Comment

• Same here, im happy with the nanotech stuff and for the bigger packs have been having great success with floureon.

Comment

• I'll have to check that out. Ya know HK really has good sales on batteries quite frequently, I think those nano's are great. Haven't tried the Graphene's yet though. Love the Turnigy's because they're cheap and very good. Kinda wish HK had some Turnigy hats, think it's kinda weird they don't.

Woody

Comment

• Bingo brother! The floureon packs come from Amazon. The prices have been going up lately though i think its $120 for 2 6s 45c 4500 packs now. When i got them they were $110 for 2.

Comment

• Almost ready for flight! Just waiting on the gear door springs.

Comment

• Looks good, im very glad you didnt give up on her brother:Cool:

Comment

• She looks great MB! I too am glad you didn't give up on her!:Cool:

Comment

• If the weather is decent on Wednesday or Thursday next week I'll give a go!:)

Comment

• Anyone ever flown with both motors turning right hand props? Can’t seem to order a replacement left hand prop. I ordered plane two weeks ago and could not get spare LH prop when I ordered and haven’t seen one available yet.

Comment

• Did you try a Master Airscrew, or a Horizon APC I think?

Woody

Comment

• Master Airscrew will look better. APC will be more efficient.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I guess I’m just going to wait on them to come back in stock. Can’t believe I broke the reverse rotation prop on maiden flight. I was using 2200’s and had flown about 3 mins. Was getting ready to land and felt like it lost power. Came in pretty hard but nothing else damaged besides prop. Had 3.82V per cell on both batteries so not sure what happened there. Going with 4000’s next flight

Comment

Working...
                                          X