Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't tried it but a couple guys have used rotating inboard, outboard and both props rotating the same direction.
    Apparently the plane flies well in any of the different configurations. If you can't locate a prop soon I would go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDirt! View Post
      I haven't tried it but a couple guys have used rotating inboard, outboard and both props rotating the same direction.
      Apparently the plane flies well in any of the different configurations. If you can't locate a prop soon I would go for it.
      Thanks for the reply No Dirt! I have studied it enough and I believe I will put the spare right hand prop on, reverse 2 leads and fly it.

I guess I need help with the graphics. I made a mess with first vinyl one I tried on wing. I was trying it dry and peeled a spot of paint trying to reposition it. My next applications were with spray bottle and water doing the prop danger graphics. I’m not understanding some are saying water slides, some are vinyl and some are 3 part? Not one word about any of this in manual. Is there a build video on any of the other planes that explains this better? Or should I just order Callie graphics? They have a decent video on their application.

Comment

• The tcat is ready for its remaiden this week got the rest of small springs and it's ready to go! I do hope that this plane will fly correctly.

Comment

• Test it, Test it, and Test it some more. Make sure to do a formal range check!

Congrats, and Break a Leg. Woody

Comment

• I will be testing the plane with a good range check before it takes to the sky. I'm still kind of scared to fly it after the previous flight

Comment

• You can do it! We're all pulling for you.
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                I will be testing the plane with a good range check before it takes to the sky. I'm still kind of scared to fly it after the previous flight
                No fear!!! Just relax and fly her and it will all be OK!!! :Cool: Good luck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                  You can do it! We're all pulling for you.
                  Yeah what he said! :Cool:

Comment

• Do some 3d with it . it hangs on the props pretty good

Comment

• Hey MB, did you fly it?

Woody

Comment

• Not yet the weather today was not cooperating. I am hoping for this Sunday. I was checking the balance on it today and I noticed one spinner was cracked where the prop attached and had to replace it. I keep finding little issues that was caused from the crash, I do believe I have got the plane ready to go. :Cool:
                        As soon as I get it the first flight I will be posting pics and a flight report!

Comment

• I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever get the Tigercat in the air. Now while just sitting on the bench both spinner hubs broke out of the back where center screw seats. I did not tighten these much beyond just snug.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post
                            I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever get the Tigercat in the air. Now while just sitting on the bench both spinner hubs broke out of the back where center screw seats. I did not tighten these much beyond just snug.
                            That had crossed my mind and I forgot to ask you!!! After the impact, I wondered if they had fractured. There have been instances of them just coming apart in flight, so glad it happened on your bench!!! All the bugs are leaving the ship Bro!!! Hang in there!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

That had crossed my mind and I forgot to ask you!!! After the impact, I wondered if they had fractured. There have been instances of them just coming apart in flight, so glad it happened on your bench!!! All the bugs are leaving the ship Bro!!! Hang in there!!! :Cool:

Happend over 4 days sitting on the bench. They said I got Loctite on plastic hub and that caused it to become brittle. I say BS I know I didn’t use enough Loctite to get any on hub. Oh wel let’s wait another 2 weeks and purchase 2 new spinners. BTW I ordered 3 reverse props and a standard prop yesterday and tried to order 2 new spinners. It would only let me purchase one spinner. So now that I have all the props I need I only have one spinner. I wouldn’t recommend anyone purchase this plane it’s been one pita just trying to get parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post

Happend over 4 days sitting on the bench. They said I got Loctite on plastic hub and that caused it to become brittle. I say BS I know I didn’t use enough Loctite to get any on hub. Oh wel let’s wait another 2 weeks and purchase 2 new spinners. BTW I ordered 3 reverse props and a standard prop yesterday and tried to order 2 new spinners. It would only let me purchase one spinner. So now that I have all the props I need I only have one spinner. I wouldn’t recommend anyone purchase this plane it’s been one pita just trying to get parts.
                                Hey, please forgive me... When I read about the props, I thought it was Mad Baron since he had crashed his and was about to re-maiden. I didn't realize it was your thread!! LOL I guess if I would have slowed down and looked...….. Well, that sucks even more!!! It is a great flying bird when you finally get her there!! Sorry.... Jerry

Comment

• Saturday is the hopeful flight of my tcat:Sweating:

Comment

• Setting up my F7F-3 on my DX8 (Gen 2). What wing type should I use? 2 Aileron/2 Flap?

Comment

• One aileron / one flap I know there are two of each, but since you are controlling each set with one channel each on the receiver, it is One/One...

Comment

• Originally posted by DPF4052 View Post
                                        Setting up my F7F-3 on my DX8 (Gen 2). What wing type should I use? 2 Aileron/2 Flap?
                                        1 Ail 1 Flap
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• And welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X