Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots the fog was so bad today I had to stay in the pattern. Check out the water on the leading edges and nose hilarious. If I pulled any vertical she was gone nothing but lights. Great fun and kind of scary.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2666.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	59040
    Attached Files

Comment

• With the amount of hours and flights that I have on both the P-38 and F7F, not mention the thousands of hours others have on these two with the exact same power system I haven't yet heard of anyone having an issue. They work as advertised in completely stock configuration so no need to add anything extra to the power system.

Comment

• Exactly, the system is plenty powerful, and I've never seen a worrisome insident in regards to amp draw from servos and lights

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
          Pilots the fog was so bad today I had to stay in the pattern. Check out the water on the leading edges and nose hilarious. If I pulled any vertical she was gone nothing but lights. Great fun and kind of scary. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2666.JPG Views:	1 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	59040
          I did a flight like that. Once. It was a few years ago with a PZ P-47. If I got more than a couple hundred feet away It almost disappeared. And, electrics suck a lot of air through the entire airframe for cooling and when I landed after a short flight it started twitching. Everything inside the airframe, especially the electrics were very damp. I'll never do that again. Unless I have at least a mile vis I won't fly. Especially my electrics.

it was fun, and a little scary.

Comment

• Yeah we had that last weekend. I was flying FPV though, from the sky it's alittle different

Comment

• Hey Charlie, did you/have you done the gear mods? I'll be interested in what you think of them.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Just a note about installing RCGEEKS main gear strut covers. You'll have to stretch the springs a little otherwise the doors close too soon and bind against the wheel. Other than that they look great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Hey Charlie, did you/have you done the gear mods? I'll be interested in what you think of them.

Grossman56
                  I did my own nose gear mod and I really believe that it is a much better scale looking gear than the FL one that is presently being redesigned, here's the link to my documentation.

I am going to use the main gears because they have no issues and do look scale, just waiting for them to restock and also an answer from Motion on the ability to buy individual parts and not a $50 set, here's the link to that request.

Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                    Just a note about installing RCGEEKS main gear strut covers. You'll have to stretch the springs a little otherwise the doors close too soon and bind against the wheel. Other than that they look great!
                    Good tip ! I just installed the covers and had the door problem.

Comment

• Had an awesome day today flying with three Tigercat's in the air. The weather was perfect.
                      With the flight of the P-38 and two Tigercat's, The FlightlineRC P-38 was a bit faster than the Tigercat's. Ran about 3/4 throttle to match the Tigercat speed.
                      I really like the addition of the belly tank, looks really good in flight.
                      It it was a lot of fun Justin And Pete. Let's do this again soon!
                      Eddie

Comment

• Lookin good Eddie! Great pics. :)

Comment

• Thanks for the pics Eddie. Looks like a fun day! They look so good together in different liveries. Eddie is that your Bad Kitty? I just flew earlier in the week for the first time with the suspension. Love it! You should post that first pic on facebook for me. Ill share it to the wall.

Comment

• Nice, Eddie! Three together, that's quite a sight. I really like that P-38 onboard camera shot!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                              Thanks for the pics Eddie. Looks like a fun day! They look so good together in different liveries. Eddie is that your Bad Kitty? I just flew earlier in the week for the first time with the suspension. Love it! You should post that first pic on facebook for me. Ill share it to the wall.
                              Bad Kitty belongs to Justin, mine is King of the Cats. The upgrade struts are working perfectly as well

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                Lookin good Eddie! Great pics. :)
                                Thank you, once I get the camera mounted on the Tigercat, that should produce some nice inflight formation shots

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Nice, Eddie! Three together, that's quite a sight. I really like that P-38 onboard camera shot!
                                  Thank you, It was a blast flying the 38 up there with two Tigercat's. I did have to slow down to 3/4 throttle so they can keep up. (Stock power)

Comment

• CG question...............sorry:Silly:
                                    Is the change this drastic between gear up and down?
                                    I'm at 70mm and 72mm with (2) 4s 4000 Gforce Elites.

Comment

• Phatbob,
                                      You want the CG to be in between 65-70 measured with gear up. The range is per the general concensus over on RCG and all aft retracting gear are done with gear up.
                                      There are ney-sayers in modeling to that standard about gear up/down but you don't know what their maiden success ratio is also!!! ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm running two Admiral 4000s with 70mm COG and it seems perfect to me.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Phatbob,
                                          You want the CG to be in between 65-70 measured with gear up. The range is per the general concensus over on RCG and all aft retracting gear are done with gear up.
                                          There are ney-sayers in modeling to that standard about gear up/down but you don't know what their maiden success ratio is also!!! ;)
                                          Thanks! Gear up would make the difference for me. I have room to move a battery and I'm going to mount my receiver in the nose.

Comment

Working...
                                          X