X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question TI, but did you just get a second set of port props and change the rotation on the starboard engine/motor by changing the wiring on the motor? Please advise, Brad BTW It eally does look awesome with those props!!
    Yes, I have one of the B-25s so I keep several sets for spares...I also use them on my Dynam Corsair and Hellcat.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Hey TI, thanks for getting back to me. Now you've got me thinking about the FMS Corsair again! I have the FMS mustang and I love it and always wanted the Corsair but I just couldn't hack the Korean war scheme. It would be easy enough to repaint it in the tri-color early scheme but no three bladed prop! Just wondering, since you,ve got some experience in this arena, if there is a 3 blade prop/hub assembly out there in the right diameter 17-18" that would work. If you, or anyone else, has info on that I'm listening. Or if there is a two meter corsair lurking out there that I don't know about!!! Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
        Hey TI, thanks for getting back to me. Now you've got me thinking about the FMS Corsair again! I have the FMS mustang and I love it and always wanted the Corsair but I just couldn't hack the Korean war scheme. It would be easy enough to repaint it in the tri-color early scheme but no three bladed prop! Just wondering, since you,ve got some experience in this arena, if there is a 3 blade prop/hub assembly out there in the right diameter 17-18" that would work. If you, or anyone else, has info on that I'm listening. Or if there is a two meter corsair lurking out there that I don't know about!!! Thanks, Brad
        The LX 1600mm Corsair uses a 3 blade prop that would work. But you still have the F4U4 cowl to deal with.
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Here's some pictures of the LX prop on the FMS...sorry guys for the off-topic stuff.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Hey TI, the pictures didn't come through for some reason so please give it another shot. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• How are you guys getting the 3600mAh Admiral battery installed in the forward bay - mine would require a lot of cutting away foam and even then the depth of the battery would not allow the canopy/battery hatch to close.

Comment

• Originally posted by spitpilot View Post
                How are you guys getting the 3600mAh Admiral battery installed in the forward bay - mine would require a lot of cutting away foam and even then the depth of the battery would not allow the canopy/battery hatch to close.
                Welcome to the Squawk spitpilot,
                The battery doesn't get shoved that far forward up under where the hatch tongue goes.
                The front of the battery is just like a 1/4" aft of that tongue slot.
                Ryan shows where the battery placement is on one of the video's on the product page.
                https://www.motionrc.com/collections...302p#video-tab
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Great job Brandon, I wonder if we have some size of wheel collar that would work? Anyone coming up with a piece like Brandon suggest, please post.

Grossman56
                  I actually cut off the piston from the shaft and pressed on a wheel collar of the same dia: to achieve the same result of restricting the unloaded position of the strut.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The battery doesn't get shoved that far forward up under where the hatch tongue goes.
                    Ryan shows where the battery placement is on one of the video's on the product page.
                    I have a model from the second batch - not sure if it has anything to do with it but to install a 3600mAh Admiral battery in the forward location I would have to move it aft by about 3/4" to get the foam tongue of the cockpit section to engage with the fuse which leaves just enough battery left to strap it down. I would also have to cut back the foam which forms the bottom of the cockpit pan by about 1 3/8" cutting through the pan into the cockpit.

Comment

That video shows using a 4000mah pack, not the recommended 3600 packs which I am having the same problem with the 3600 packs... Had I known that I would have ordered the 4000's, if I am going to add weight, I would rather it be battery weight and not dead weight... The 3600's were out of stock for several months and I actually called and ask about using the 4000's and was told it was a bit to much battery???

Comment

• I guess I thought that getting a 4000mAh battery would be more of a challenge - I like you waited for the 3600 packs to come in, now after having spent about $100 find unless I do some serious cutting I cannot use them. I might go ahead with the mod to get the 3600 packs installed anyway and where the bottom of the canopy tray is exposed glue on a piece of 1/32 ply or plastic to get a little of the structural integrity back and for aesthetic reasons.

Comment

• I have the same situation with a little "too much battery." Although It's not been started yet, I'll trim off some of the lower portion of the tongue and put in a couple of carbon fibre rods through it, then it looks like only a small amount of the cockpit floor pan needs to be removed so the canopy will sit properly. I also might move the battery strap further aft if required.

Comment

• All that should need to be done is to trim a small amount off the bottom of the tongue.
                            My 3600 and 4000 packs ride the same way. Lower pack all the way forward. Top battery even as shown in the pic. This way all that needs to happen is the tongue getting a slice off the bottom.
                            BTW when flying 3000 both top and bottom go all the way forward. These placements work great for me and were recommendations I followed straight from our designer, Alpha.

Comment

• FWIW, I use two Turnigy Graphene 4S 4000 45C packs in mine. These are significantly heavier than standard 4000 packs. But I place mine as far back as they can go and still be strapped down. I can still easily make CG and it flies great on those packs.
                              Pat

Comment

• Here's updated pics to ones that were posted awhile back and to my knowledge is STILL the only -2D rendition modeled on the Flight Line Tigercat :)
                                GO NAVY
                                Have added the LX B-25 props, belly drop tank and finished up the nose avionics pod. Thanx to Chris Wolfe "RC Geek" for printing that pod for me.
                                For those that would like to use the LX prop on the stock motor it is possible using this FMS 1300mm 3D plane motor shaft.
                                https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...ne-motor-shaft
                                The hex fits the prop and the LX spinner threads on perfectly.
                                Prop clearance is 1-1/2" which is plenty for trike gear (equiv to 22" full scale)
                                Just a reminder, the nose strut is a custom mod I did using the Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk right main gear strut. Here's a link to my mod.
                                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...de-alternative
                                Now for the pics of it in the Ready (for CG) Room alias my sweetie's 4 season room. (I tell her it is the winter hangar)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0576.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	67192Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0577.JPG Views:	1 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	67193
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Okay, so I see the P-40, the P-47 and the F7F. Then wing just in front of the nose of the TC, is that a Corsair?? Just guessing. Yet another contest, if you can identify that plane, you win a nut and bolt from Grossman56 and OV-10, but you have to show up at Nefi to collect it!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Here's updated pics to ones that were posted awhile back and to my knowledge is STILL the only -2D rendition modeled on the Flight Line Tigercat :)
                                    GO NAVY
                                    Looks great, the props really look good don't they?
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Oh, by the way CB, that call on the motor shaft for the 650kv on My Little Gal II was spot on, perfect, thanks buddy!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Looks great, the props really look good don't they?
                                        I'm like you TI, want the authentic look to my warbirds :Cool: but not so fanatical that I encroach into that realm of money/time that I would fear to fly it :Scared:
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          Okay, so I see the P-40, the P-47 and the F7F. Then wing just in front of the nose of the TC, is that a Corsair?? Just guessing. Yet another contest, if you can identify that plane, you win a nut and bolt from Grossman56 and OV-10, but you have to show up at Nefi to collect it!!

Grossman56
                                          OK Dan, here's a hint.........the wing is blue and not gull shaped. There's also a yellow one under the table too.......pay attention class LOL
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X