X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyingiceberg View Post
    So I am on the fence between the Freewing P-51 or the Red Bull Corsair. ( if I buy another one now) I have an FMS Marie V8 1400 I bought used. Have not flown it yet but it has T Motor AT 3530 kv570 in it. Needs a little work. One retract not working. I consider myself a beginner to intermediate pilot I can do loops and rolls but have not messed with inverted much. Learned on the Apprentice, have the eflite T28 1.2 and a Pawnee as well, as a few micros. I like the idea of the sound on the Freewing and the AS3X. Cost is about the same but I would have to buy a reveiver for the Freewing. Any thoughts?
    I have the FMS 1450mm P-51 and 1700mm Corsair. A buddy has both the Eflite P-51 and Red Bull Corsair. I think the Red Bull is made by FMS for Eflite. I don't know about the P-51. All of them fly fantastic with the bigger Corsair being the best flyer. My buddy has had a lot of problems with the Red Bull retracts not holding up well on our bumpy field. He had a retract come off, resulting in some severe damage and he was going to repair it and get rid of it but has reconsidered since. The others do quite well on the same field. My buddy's P-51 and Corsair both weather vane badly on take off. I'm not sure if it's due to his flying or if it's inherent in the model design. He's not a novice pilot and appears to fly very well and land very well. I don't have the same problems with mine, even with a slight cross wind. His seems to be very hard to control on the ground and tracks off to the side really bad.

Comment

• Will these work with the Freewing Old Crow? Kinexsis 14.8V 4000mAh 30C 4S LiPo I already have three. They have an EC3 connector so I would need an adapter.

Comment

• They should be fine, but yes you need the adapter.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• A few shots from flying the Mustang this morning. Handled the wind with no problems at all. 3 years after I got it, this plane is still one of my favorites, escpecially with the MrRC Sound System.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            A few shots from flying the Mustang this morning. Handled the wind with no problems at all. 3 years after I got it, this plane is still one of my favorites, escpecially with the MrRC Sound System.
            Wonderful shots DD!!
            Lauren

Comment

• Aw Shangrila!! I love mine as well. She just got an upgrade to a 580kv as I had a spare from Old Crow who got upgraded to a 650kv. There's just something so cool about the B model in flight!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Your right Dan. THE B model is the real deal. I've been holding off hopping they would upgrade to the version 8 upgrades but it doesn't look like that's going to happen on Shangri-la.😞.
                Dewey l

Comment

• I definitely agree on the B model. I've got Dallas Darling and she's sweet.

Comment

• Thanks Flygirl and Gman! Mine is still stock and 3 years later it is still on the original 540kv and retracts with no issues. Never disappoints, and always an honestly flying airplane. One of these days I might have to upgrade the power system, but I haven't felt the need yet. Hopefully FMS will get around to bringing back Shangri-La with all the upgrades.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                      I have the FMS 1450mm P-51 and 1700mm Corsair. A buddy has both the Eflite P-51 and Red Bull Corsair. I think the Red Bull is made by FMS for Eflite. I don't know about the P-51. All of them fly fantastic with the bigger Corsair being the best flyer. My buddy has had a lot of problems with the Red Bull retracts not holding up well on our bumpy field. He had a retract come off, resulting in some severe damage and he was going to repair it and get rid of it but has reconsidered since. The others do quite well on the same field. My buddy's P-51 and Corsair both weather vane badly on take off. I'm not sure if it's due to his flying or if it's inherent in the model design. He's not a novice pilot and appears to fly very well and land very well. I don't have the same problems with mine, even with a slight cross wind. His seems to be very hard to control on the ground and tracks off to the side really bad.
                      Well I bit the bullet and ordered the FMS Red Tail. Could not pass up on 15% off at Hobbyzone.

Comment

• I did the CNS small parts L/G upgrade on BBD and Shangrila. Her original motor packed it in. Stated making weird noises in flight so I landed and checked it out. Turns out the copper winding wire was coming off one of the magnets, so I grounded her. Got a new 540 and almost immediately kicked myself for not getting a 580. Anyway, like I said, when I upgraded Old Crow, I just transferred the 580 and the stock F/W ESC into her.
                        Stock vs stock, I think the B model FMS is faster than the D model, anyone else notice this? The B model is slightly lighter btw.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Nice flight! Great landing! I don't know how you manged to keep orientation. It was dark!
                          Thanks FlyGirl...I keep a very, very close eye(s) on it. Can't take off for one bit. Been there, done that! Ha!

Comment

• Is anyone using the AR636, if so what setting are you using? I just ordered one for the Red Tail I just ordered. I have a Marie with the AR610. I will fly this one for a while before I build the new one but I like the AS3X that is on my other planes and the plugs are horizontal not vertical like the AR610. The AR636 will give me more room for other things like telemetry and GPS ect.

Comment

• Guess they stopped making the kit version?
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• FMS kit versions seem to have gone the way of the dodo.
                                It was a shame to see Shangrila wave bye bye as well as Iron Ass, but things change. Just think we'll be able to look back years from now and say, "I used to own one of those!" "It's worth how much!!!!!!"

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• yeah that sucks..Ive got all the hardware leftover from Petie with nothing to put it in.
                                  www.TSHobbies.com
                                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• G'day TS,
                                    At least you have the basis of a good spare parts store and, of course, having spare parts means that you will never need them. [mostly]:p
                                    No flying for me in the morning as we have a bitterly cold souwester blowing here at quite a few knots and the weather boys are telling us we could get snow nearby.
                                    While it does not snow here in Grafton, it does snow just seventy kilometres away from time to time. Mostly only a dusting but I have seen the snow on the ground two days later.
                                    It did get down to minus two degrees C last Wednesday but warmed up to a very nice twenty eight.
                                    It does get as cold as -5*C at our field and I actually came back from one flight with Shangri La and ice had formed all over the canopy!
                                    Getting the model out of a warm car and straight into the cold air caused condensation that froze during the flight. The first time I had ever encountered icing conditions:D
                                    So tomorrow is already a no go so it good for a sleep in under the doona.
                                    Might get to do some serious maintenance on the girls and get them ready for their next one hundred missions.
                                    I hope you all have great flights.
                                    Regards and respect
                                    Daryl

Comment

• I can't find kits anywhere for you TS, what I ended up doing when 'My Little Gal I augered in, was stripping everything useful out of her, 'cannibalizing' her and then I order a spare set of wings and a fuse, vertical stab, used the original horizontal stab, threw all the parts into her and she's ready for the air!
                                      If there aren't any kits available, this is the next best route to go.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                                        G'day TS,
                                        At least you have the basis of a good spare parts store and, of course, having spare parts means that you will never need them. [mostly]:p
                                        No flying for me in the morning as we have a bitterly cold souwester blowing here at quite a few knots and the weather boys are telling us we could get snow nearby.
                                        While it does not snow here in Grafton, it does snow just seventy kilometres away from time to time. Mostly only a dusting but I have seen the snow on the ground two days later.
                                        It did get down to minus two degrees C last Wednesday but warmed up to a very nice twenty eight.
                                        It does get as cold as -5*C at our field and I actually came back from one flight with Shangri La and ice had formed all over the canopy!
                                        Getting the model out of a warm car and straight into the cold air caused condensation that froze during the flight. The first time I had ever encountered icing conditions:D
                                        So tomorrow is already a no go so it good for a sleep in under the doona.
                                        Might get to do some serious maintenance on the girls and get them ready for their next one hundred missions.
                                        I hope you all have great flights.
                                        Regards and respect
                                        Daryl
                                        It just seems like it was yesterday when I read that you (or maybe it was Shirty) were remarking about how insufferable the temps of over 110F were and now your talking SNOW !!!!! Then I just have to remind myself that because you blokes are on the underside of the globe 180 out from the US which is putting ya'll into I'm guessing your winter season?? It's in the high 80's F this memorial weekend in upstate NY so I'll dedicate a couple flights to you down under folks.
                                        Best regards,
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• My Little Gal I and My Little Gal II
                                          Now, have to go and get out my American Flags boys, I always salute those whom I owe my freedom to. Thanks to all you vets

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X