Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the P-51B Dallas Darling and its a full V8.

Comment

• I didn't think that it came with the gear door sequencer that closed the doors after deployment. That was one of the reasons I kept waiting for them to upgrade it at motion. It does say that snoots sniper carries the version 8 upgrades though. Look a DD on motions site and you will see what I'm saying.
      Dewey l

Comment

• Yeah I guess these guys would know if they have it lol. I have the red tail v8. Love it.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Has anyone used the 5000mah adimaeral 60 c in this bird? If you shove the battery all the way forward its grossly over cg. You cant really move it back either because it runs into the backside of the canopy unit. I see vids where others are using 5000mah and even 5s 5800 but no idea how or where they are setting it on the tray.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

• Hey AkumaZeto
            I was just checking with the other guys to see if anyone had purchased or new someone with the snoots sniper. Because of the 2 B models that motion has listed the snoots sniper is the only one that has the version 8 upgrades listed in the overview of the planes. Dallas Darling(which I'd rather have )and Snoots Sniper. The overview for the DD states that it only has 9 and 17 gram servos and not metal gear servos. Also no gear door sequencer,PAEP gold motor, and 6 second gear sequencer. For the version 8 it also speaks of the 4mm shock absorbing struts but for DD they don't list the size just that there shock absorbing. Love the way that DD looks . Just wish it was in stock. But for the price for SS I guess a little MOD work and color change will be worth it. I just hate the news about parts jumping as high as double as parts are replenished. Don't know how HH is doing it but it's almost roberary. Read about the price hike today but had already ordered the plane yesterday. Knowing what I know now I would have definitely ordered something else. Probably the P38 I've been thinking so hard about.
            Dewey l

Comment

• Who says prices are going to double? I heard HH is now in charge of production at FMS. From a pretty reliable source too.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

• I said parts prices. Tom from motion posted it today on Farmflyer post for MRC inventory. Check if out. Disturbing man there killing us.
                Dewey l

Comment

• Yeah I dont think many of the prices will double. I can see the small stuff going up but nobody is going to pay a 100 for a fuse or 100 for a wing set. I do beleive Tom though but some of the stuff is spendy now
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

• I hear ya. Hope your right. People might start thinking long and hard at FMS.
                    Dewey l

Comment

• Hey Dan
                      I ordered the FMS Snoots Sniper instead of the spitfire. Probably made a mistake but I couldn't resist the price and if been wanting a B model with all the version 8 features. Don't like the color but that can be changed. Took yours and everybody else's advice and call Terry at small parts and ordered the metal side plates for it and the p-40 as well. BTW how well did they fit the p40. Anyhow I'll be looking for advice on setup and paint. So please bear with me.
                      Dewey l

Comment

• They went into the P40 like they were made for it, perfectly!
                        The P51B is a great plane and its a good time to scoop one up, and you're right, paint can be changed!!
                        As for the price hikes, take a look at this, right from the HH website. They are telling us that the P40 is on sale at $359. regular price is $414. Funny, the release price was $359, I should know, I bought one. Now that is the sale price, so brace yourself....
                        The P-40B Tomahawk Flying Tigers PNP, 1400mm by FMS is a quality built remote controlled airplane. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Yes I know Dan. I am glade that I got my P40 a couple of months back. Still sitting in the box though. I hope to put it together soon.
                          I need some more of your wisdom. I also ordered the balls and buckles from the old crow. I figured on just bolting the ball to the control arm and then putting the buckle on the rod. I was wondering if this was the route you took when you changed over your B model. Also I was wondering which of the buckles you used and on what control surface. I ordered both. The 1.2 and the 1.5 mm. If you could let me know I would appreciate it. I really like the ball link over the clevisis. I'm really thinking of doing the same on my nitro planes as well but for right now just the electrics. So far I want to do my little 44" HobbyZone Corsair with safe, Airfield 1450 F4U Corsair, Dynam F6F Hellcat, FMS Snoots Sniper 1450 and the Pandora. I don't have to worry about Iron Ass and the P40 because there already done. After I knock out the electrics then I'll start on the nitros with my Pheniox Spitfire as the test platform. So if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.
                          Dewey l

Comment

• I did the same and whatever fit on the control rod was what I used. Just remember to recenter you control surfaces. I went so far as to put one on the tail wheel of the Pandora as that is a real PITA when the plastic clevis breaks. The ball link pliers are a great tool to have as well.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I hear that
                              Bought a set back when I first joined my club to use helping guys on helicopter. Thanks for the information. Did you do the gear doors to. I hadn't looked to see if there's enough room yet.
                              Dewey l

Comment

• I didn't have to modify anything. They just dropped right in. Terry at Small Parts told me that he'd take them back if they wouldn't fit on the P 40, but they were perfect!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Dan I finally got a call from Weedsnagger. Looks like I'll be the proud owner of a 1700mm Frankie soon.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Oh so cool, picture, lots of pictures!!
                                    I wanted to eventually get one and do it up like Bob Hoovers Yellow Bird or Miss America, both airplanes I saw Bob fly over the years, unforgettable.

Good luck with her Dewey!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Had a slow night so I thought it was time to do some polishing on My Little Gal. Out with the Wenol, she looks amazing!
                                      So now I've went full circle, mind you she's a little smaller than what I used to spend my time polishing.....

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Gman that looks great! Will you do the main wing some day or leave it?

Comment

• Keep it where you have two wear the sunglasses. I like it Dan. Alot of elbow grease on the one on the right.
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X