Official FMS 1400mm P-51D V8 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rifleman_btx
    me

    • Dec 2016
    • 5246
    • West Point TX
    • Send PM

    #801
    The b will always hold a special place in the heart

    Comment

    • Shirty
      Hobby Squawk Water Boy

      • Jan 2016
      • 1067
      • Perth, Australia
      • Send PM

      #802
      Looks great grossman

      Comment

      • boomer108
        Chief Boom

        • Apr 2014
        • 868
        • Chicago IL.
        • Send PM

        #803
        There's nothing like the look of a caged canopy.:Win:

        Comment

        • F106DeltaDart
          Scale Warbird and Chopper Pilot

          • Feb 2015
          • 2818
          • Arlington, TX
          • Send PM

          #804
          Originally posted by Grossman56

          Hey DD, there is just something about the B model isn't there!
          Recently put a 650 kv in mine and she flies like a dream.
          I painted mine to look a little war weary and had comments from people asking how old the plane was! Gotta love that
          She's going to Nefi with me, along with 5 of her sisters!!

          Grossman56
          Looks fantastic Gman! There definitely is something wonderful about the B, such a nice smooth looking airplane.

          Comment

          • Grossman56
            Dangerous Dan *HobbySquawk Moderator*

            • Jun 2014
            • 7378
            • Cody, Wyoming
            • Send PM

            #805
            Yeah, I remember watching Ryan fly Dallas Darling in the flight video and deciding right there that I had to have a B model

            Grossman56
            Team Gross!

            Comment

            • wrongroad
              Hobby Squawk Student Pilot

              • Jan 2016
              • 235
              • Grafton NSW Australia
              • Send PM

              #806
              G'day gooniac,
              That did come to a sudden stop:Silly:
              Did it manage to pull the tail wheel tub out of the machine?
              It goes to show that there are many ways to damage a plane!;)
              If we did not see. we may not have believed it.....

              @ shirty, blues 1, maroons 0
              That was one of the best games I have seen. [ for our mates overseas I am talking about the Australian Rugby League State of Origin games. New South Wales v Queensland and there is no love lost on the field]
              It was mistake free for the first half. I can advise our mates on the forum to look it up if you can find it. A cracker of a game regardless of the result.

              Still two games to go though for the series. Can not claim bragging rights just yet.

              Comment

              • Shirty
                Hobby Squawk Water Boy

                • Jan 2016
                • 1067
                • Perth, Australia
                • Send PM

                #807
                Not over yet big fella. ;)

                Comment

                • gooniac33
                  The Original Gooniac

                  • Jun 2016
                  • 1047
                  • Send PM

                  #808
                  Originally posted by wrongroad
                  G'day gooniac,
                  That did come to a sudden stop:Silly:
                  Did it manage to pull the tail wheel tub out of the machine?
                  It goes to show that there are many ways to damage a plane!;)
                  If we did not see. we may not have believed it.....

                  @ shirty, blues 1, maroons 0
                  That was one of the best games I have seen. [ for our mates overseas I am talking about the Australian Rugby League State of Origin games. New South Wales v Queensland and there is no love lost on the field]
                  It was mistake free for the first half. I can advise our mates on the forum to look it up if you can find it. A cracker of a game regardless of the result.

                  Still two games to go though for the series. Can not claim bragging rights just yet.
                  It tore out the whole mechanism. Just like that!! I had it back together in about 10 mins though. It broke the plate in half but I was able to get it all glued back in and got another 5 flights after that. It was just really funny to see it just stop like that... Of course it wasn't at the time it happened... but when I was able to look at the video it made me laugh.
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

                  Comment

                  • OV10
                    >>>Twins are 2X the Fun<<< (Squawk Moderator)

                    • Sep 2014
                    • 4264
                    • Owego, NY
                    • Send PM

                    #809
                    You had me LOLover the staple expletive.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

                    Comment

                    • F106DeltaDart
                      Scale Warbird and Chopper Pilot

                      • Feb 2015
                      • 2818
                      • Arlington, TX
                      • Send PM

                      #810
                      Originally posted by Grossman56
                      Yeah, I remember watching Ryan fly Dallas Darling in the flight video and deciding right there that I had to have a B model
                      Yep, I remember being sold on that same video. I remember seeing the tail wheel retract and thinking wow, they can do that?! Now I've modded almost all of my planes to include that feature.

                      Comment

                      • goosekiller1
                        The Hun in the Sun.

                        • May 2017
                        • 134
                        • Santa Rosa CA.
                        • Send PM

                        #811
                        Looks cool Grossman56 nice touch on the paint job.

                        Comment

                        • Grossman56
                          Dangerous Dan *HobbySquawk Moderator*

                          • Jun 2014
                          • 7378
                          • Cody, Wyoming
                          • Send PM

                          #812
                          She was my first attempt at using an airbrush, so that should tell you how simple it is. She always gets eyeballed at the field, now with the P-51B and the Flying Tiger, which looks even more beat up, at Nefi, we'll see what people think!

                          Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

                          Comment

                          • gooniac33
                            The Original Gooniac

                            • Jun 2016
                            • 1047
                            • Send PM

                            #813
                            Flew my Mustang today on 5s with stock motor and zip tie mod... No need to change anything at all!! Fabulous combo and flight time is the same but with less capacity!! The awesomeness scale just stepped up even more!! Not changing a thing on this plane... that is all it needed... perfect now!! Previous set up was a 4s 35c 6000mah pack or 4s 35c 5800mah pack... now using a 5s 30c 4500mah pack which is the same size and weight. Huge performance increase!!
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

                            Comment

                            • e4dragongunner
                              Living the dream!

                              • Feb 2016
                              • 876
                              • Arlington Heights Il.
                              • Send PM

                              #814
                              Very Cool. what motor and ESC? I am subscribed to this thread but may have missed this info , Thanks!!:-)

                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

                              Comment

                              • e4dragongunner
                                Living the dream!

                                • Feb 2016
                                • 876
                                • Arlington Heights Il.
                                • Send PM

                                #815
                                Also .... running the 650KV with the Mantis 85amp ESC. no Zip tie mod. Can I still do this prop mod with this motor and ESC combo> running 4S.
                                Thanks Guys.
                                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

                                Comment

                                • gooniac33
                                  The Original Gooniac

                                  • Jun 2016
                                  • 1047
                                  • Send PM

                                  #816
                                  Originally posted by e4dragongunner
                                  Very Cool. what motor and ESC? I am subscribed to this thread but may have missed this info , Thanks!!:-)
                                  Mine was stock motor and esc with zip tie mod... just 5s 30c 4500mah pack... that is it!!! Totally different plane in the air now!!
                                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

                                  Comment

                                  • e4dragongunner
                                    Living the dream!

                                    • Feb 2016
                                    • 876
                                    • Arlington Heights Il.
                                    • Send PM

                                    #817
                                    Excellent Thanks!
                                    So, Logic says that if you are running the stock 540 KV and the 70 amp FMS ESC on 5S. My 650KV / 85 amp ESC should handle 5S Well.

                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

                                    Comment

                                    • Grossman56
                                      Dangerous Dan *HobbySquawk Moderator*

                                      • Jun 2014
                                      • 7378
                                      • Cody, Wyoming
                                      • Send PM

                                      #818
                                      I run mine with the 650 kv/85A Mantis with the zip tie mod, no trouble for me.

                                      Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

                                      Comment

                                      • e4dragongunner
                                        Living the dream!

                                        • Feb 2016
                                        • 876
                                        • Arlington Heights Il.
                                        • Send PM

                                        #819
                                        Wonderful Thank you sir!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

                                        Comment

                                        • e4dragongunner
                                          Living the dream!

                                          • Feb 2016
                                          • 876
                                          • Arlington Heights Il.
                                          • Send PM

                                          #820
                                          So... am I pushing the envelope too much to add a 5S to the ....... Zip tie, 650/85 ?
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

                                          Comment

                                          Working...