Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, on my p40 the black box thing on each wing that you plug all the wires into all the wires came apart. But each wire isn’t labeled. So how am I suppose to put them in right order? Thanks

Comment

• Matthewjmorrissey3@gmail.com I don't own this model so I don't have a great visualization of your 'wires' and 'black box.' I apologize if I'm stating the obvious for you. But do you have a servo tester? I often go through all of the servos with a tester before I assemble a model just to A. see if the servos are working and B. center all of the servos and C. verify that any unmarked or marked servos truly correspond to the labels. I've had elevators labeled as rudder, etc.

If you don't have a servo tester/battery tester it's worth getting one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthewjmorrissey3@gmail.com View Post
        Hello, on my p40 the black box thing on each wing that you plug all the wires into all the wires came apart. But each wire isn’t labeled. So how am I suppose to put them in right order? Thanks
        Page 7 in the manual explains it all.
        Ch 2 = Ailerons, Ch 3 = Elevator, Ch 4 = Rudder, Ch5 = Landing Gear. Ch 6 = flaps.
        The wires coming out of the box should be labelled as either the Ch number or the description and should plug into to receiver in the same order, Ch 1 being your ESC 2,3 and 4 are universally A.E.R. so it's easy to remember. Hope that helps.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• HI All
          Just picked up a P40 in mint condition at a swap meet.
          I assume a 4cell /5000-50c is sufficient to fly ?
          I have to check the CG obviously but hate to add dead weight and noticed Bryan Phiilup test 2x packs for functional weight . Is anyone flying on 6S ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehockey View Post
            HI All
            Just picked up a P40 in mint condition at a swap meet.
            I assume a 4cell /5000-50c is sufficient to fly ?
            I have to check the CG obviously but hate to add dead weight and noticed Bryan Phiilup test 2x packs for functional weight . Is anyone flying on 6S ?
            i flying p40 with 6S 3300mah battery。but i replace motor,4258 550kv instead。

Comment

• Yep, I fly mine with the ESC/Motor combination from the P47 razor. Flies great but you need a solid prop as the stock setup doesn't stand up. My silver P 40 flies stock but I did change out the ESC as I heard that the stock ESC had some issues. I never had a problem with my first P40 with the stock system, but they changed ESC's somewhere along the line. I ran 4000 4S batteries all the way forward when she was stock and now run 4500 6S all the way forward, no difference. With the newer/silver P40 I had to add a ton of weight to the nose to hit the CG, don't know whether it was because of the Flite Metal or what. So check your CG, definitely.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	399142

Stock P47 system from Pilot Ryan after an inflight collision with OV10/Warbird Charlie at NEFI turned his plane into trash liners.

Name:	20220505_092115.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	399143

Silver P 40.
              Oh yeah, if you want a more authentic Flying Tiger emblem, check out callie graphics.

Name:	flying-tiger.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	399144

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Kudos to your silver P40 it’s a beauty ! Thanks for the great tips . I think I will fly stock at first then see what mods I want to make.
                I am up to 8 P40ties, so I need to get to work lol, maintenance alone keeps me busy !
                Attached Files

Comment

• I started to blend the really sharp lines that not correct on the camp

Comment

• You notice on RT's P 40 (the one that yours is modeled after, that the paint line is solid, I believe I read somewhere that the paint scheme was painted on with a brush or roller. Remember they were originally slated for the RAF so they were painted in RAF camo.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Flying_tigers_pilot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	400807
                    Not sure why they painted a big green spot for the 'Tiger' that Walt Disney provided, but an interesting detail for those after authenticity.
                    BTW, I found that the brown is just the green color with red and white added to it as you can see from when I removed the original tiger and put the Callie ones on.

Name:	IMG_6748_0006.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	400808

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Very cool facts , thanks ! I always wanted to model a large B , I think Vic RC made one close to 1/5 scale . At this time I have too many P40ties lol .
                      I made some fun scale mods just for eye candy, not scale .
                      I will add some filler and final paint.
                      On a technical question , what are you guys flying on ? is a 4s5000 too much for the stock system ?
                      It seems like this model lives on the smaller packs like the FMS Maule
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X