Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! That was a great deal..... Make sure your control surfaces work the correct direction after your receiver installation. You will love the way she flies... It is a nice warbird and just a joy!! Good luck!! Jerry :Cool:

Comment

• Welcome to HobbySquawk and back to the hobby!

This is still one of my favorite planes to fly after many many years. Great size and presence, nice long flight times, and very well behaved... she can be dialed back for mild, then tuned up to wild as you progress.

Only recommendations I have are to make your first few takeoffs and landings without flaps. Practice plenty of approaches and go-arounds. If you haven't flown a warbird in a while, the big powerful prop *could* toss you around at really slow speeds.

Vic

Comment

• Used the old Flying Tiger image and mounted the head of the Tiger I use for all my websites. www.TigerRacingProducts.com www.TigerHolsterSystems.com and www.FlyingTigerRC.com
        AMA-1162306
        With more planes than should be legal

Comment

• Hello all, I am wondering (especially from grossman), can i do a prop mod like the v8 mustangs, and is it needed at my altitude, 5000+?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
            Hello all, I am wondering (especially from grossman), can i do a prop mod like the v8 mustangs, and is it needed at my altitude, 5000+?
            Hey there Drake! The mounting is different between the two. I wouldn’t trust it!
            I am going to see if I can modify the FreeWing Corsair blade or others to fit the P-40.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
              Hello all, I am wondering (especially from grossman), can i do a prop mod like the v8 mustangs, and is it needed at my altitude, 5000+?
              The only mod I did to my props is the zip tie mod to give it a bit more pitch. That seemed to help. We're at 5000' as well and with the 650 kv and the prop mod they fly great. The hands down best mod I have done in regards to props is the 1400 mm Corsair prop on the FL bearcat with a 650 kv motor and an 85 A Mantis ESC. Climbs like a homesick angel here and at Muncie was unbelievable!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Pulled the trigger on the warhawk , grafics from callie are being shipped today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

The only mod I did to my props is the zip tie mod to give it a bit more pitch. That seemed to help. We're at 5000' as well and with the 650 kv and the prop mod they fly great. The hands down best mod I have done in regards to props is the 1400 mm Corsair prop on the FL bearcat with a 650 kv motor and an 85 A Mantis ESC. Climbs like a homesick angel here and at Muncie was unbelievable!!

Grossman56
                  I did the same mod to both of my FL Bearcats. The 4258-650 and the big prop make a huge difference.

Bob

Comment

• Hey Guys. Have any of you flown this bird on a Turnigy HD 4S 5000mah battery. It reportedly weighs in at 574g. I’m just wondering if this would add too much weight to this plane. I normally fly it on Admiral 4000s, but want to sneak a little more time out of the flights if I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernFlyer View Post
                      Hey Guys. Have any of you flown this bird on a Turnigy HD 4S 5000mah battery. It reportedly weighs in at 574g. I’m just wondering if this would add too much weight to this plane. I normally fly it on Admiral 4000s, but want to sneak a little more time out of the flights if I can.
                      I have flown mine with an Admiral 5000. 4S. It was fine! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I have flown mine with an Admiral 5000. 4S. It was fine! :Cool:
                        Thanks Hardaway. The Turnigy batteries are apparently almost 100g heavier. Think that would make a difference? I would love to get the Admirals, but once you factor in shipping, duties and taxes to Canada, they end up being significantly more expensive.

Comment

• The Admiral is like 432 grams or something like that... The airframe really handled the weight very well. I didn't notice much difference, if any, other than a little more flight time... I wouldn't hesitate to try it. Just keep up a little more airspeed on you landing approach!!!! Good luck!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• The admiral weighs in at 482g and the Admiral PRO weighs in at 500g. I fly mine with 4500 6s through the FMS P-47 system, the 4500's weigh in at 640g. So it's not like the airframe can't handle the weight and the 650kv is pretty strong, it'd be interesting to see what results you get, just keep your CG in mind.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Charlie's right Jim, I fly mine right where the picture shows it and my 3600's are slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY more forward than that. This plane flies great! I must admit though, and I'm probably being picky, I prefer flying it with the 4000's.

The other great thing is that 15 degrees of flap for take off works great if needed and with full flaps, I just cranked them way down as you can get away with that with split flaps.

Grossman56
                              Thanks for the input. I imagine the P-47 would add. Significant amount of extra oomph. I want to fly it stock. Just concerned how heavy it will feel with that weight.

Comment

• Hello all. I need some help with info on the FMS P-40, 1400 fuselage (new version). I had a slight mishap with mine and I need a new fuselage. Can anyone tell me what comes with the replacement fuselage? For example does it include the motor board, servo mounting boards etc or is it completely bare bones foam? Thanks in advance for any help with this question and my apologies if this has been asked before and answered in this thread.

Comment

• The only thing I had to put in mine was the servos
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

The only thing I had to put in mine was the servos
                                    Thank you Sir for the speedy reply. That's good to know and allows me to get started on removing only what needs to be removed from my damaged fuse.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	fms-1400mm-p-51-f4u-t-28-bf109-fw190-motor-board-motion-rc-26218810188_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.8 KB ID:	192435Click image for larger version  Name:	fms-p-40b-warhawk-1400mm-battery-tray-motion-rc-26223284620_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.4 KB ID:	192436
                                      hi, somebody knows if the replacement fuselage comes with a plastic motor board and batery tray?

Comment

• It does have the motor board but not the battery tray.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank you very much Grossman56,
                                          just crashed my p40 and ordered the fusealge but I was not sure if I would need these parts. this is my favorite warbird by far, beautiful bird in the ground and in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                          X