• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motor fits like a glove.

Comment

• Excellent! Very cool!

Comment

• How have the retracts been on the P-40 as far as not coming out of the wing from an incomplete glue job? My Spitfire retracts came out on the first landing. A hobby squawker (sorry I don't remember who to credit) suggested using needles to inject foam tac around the retract housing. Worked like a charm on my Spitfire. Just wondering if I need to do the same thing on the P-40.

Comment

• Haven't had a retract pop out but there are some screws that hold the L/G hard point to the wing that need monitoring.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Good to know Grossman! Can't wait to light the fire on this thing. I've got Warbird Charlie's setup ready to go. Just need some good weather in Iowa.

Comment

• It's amazing to see! My motor/ESC set up is on the way as well, the Spitty should be shipping shortly and I'm looking at some upgrades for the Tigercat. Meanwhile the 650kv from the Tomahawk will go into Big Beautiful Doll. she has a 580 but I just want to tweak her up so she's par with Shangrila.
              Might eventually run a 6s system in the P-51s as well, but not yet. One great thing is that I can use the ESC in BBD as Well since the Mantis are just PITA's because of their short wires leads. There was a guy from ZTW floating around here a couple of days ago, hope he reads this................
              LONGER WIRE LEADS PLEASE!!!
              Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• FIRST GIFT OF CHRISTMAS !!!

The motor and ESC I bought off Pilot Ryan arrived today just as we were heading out to shovel the dreaded white stuff!!
                Too cool, I'm gonna get started on it pretty darn soon!!
                Thanks again Ryan!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1888.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	110012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1887.JPG
Views:	726
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	110013

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Installed and raring to go!!
                  At half throttle, its just kicking a..!!
                  Now I can't wait 'til Spring to try her out!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• P-40 on order!
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Right on!!!

Comment

• The P-40 flies great... Easy to take off and land. Does what you ask it to do, stalls cleanly, just a good all-around flier!!! :-) You will like it!!!

Comment

• Flew the P-40 today numerous times. Had a blast! I love it.
                          https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...012#post113012

Here is flight number 2 where I was still trying to find the right CG. I have the 4s 3600 hanging about 18mm off the front of the tray. Zero trim. Perfect right there.
                          On this flight I got a little close to us on a low pass by mistake. The wind caught me by surprise and my fingers were about frozen stiff.

Comment

• Great Vid! Nice Flight! Love my P-40!!!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• here is the maiden video

Throws at high rates, 4s 3600 at 18mm off the front of battery tray, 30% expo on everything, full flaps on landing.
                              No flaps for taxi and takeoff as the bird gets light on the tail with the flaps

Comment

• Great job SV, I keep forgetting what they look like clean!!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6886.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	113226

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Great videos guys!

Comment

• Does anyone know what the flap settings on the FMS 1400mm P-40?

Comment

• I run full flap servo travel until it binds, then back off.
                                      For half flap i just go half of that.

make sure you land this bird with throttle.

Comment

• Yep, same here, I recall Charlie saying something to the effect that with split flaps, you can extend them all the way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've done with mine and it works fine. As Seavip said, watch your throttle !! The best advice I was given when flying warbirds was use throttle to control descent while keeping the fuse level . Both Charlie, Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan told me this and my landings immediately improved. She's a great plane to fly, just waiting for the weather to improve (read: wind to slacken off) to get mine up with her new 6s system!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• The P40 has a lot of power. Be easy on throttle for takeoff.
                                          If you get a bounce on landing, go easy on the throttle. She will torque roll if you slam the throttle.

Comment

Working...
                                          X