X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Hey Hardway, this is what I used and downsized it to fit onto the disc, then traced it and hand painted it on. Each shapes is the same, so you can cut one out and use the open spot as a stencil, then just rotate it around. Also, I think it was Warbird Charlie who printed them off, stuck them on and coated them. I'd recommend that if you wanted to go that route, your better off to whip out the model airplane paints and paint them to the paper, then try gluing them on, the printer ink can run, so.....
    Grossman56
    Ink Jet printer ink didn't run cause I sprayed them with water based poly-u. Morning grass dew nor the monsoon puddles on the tarmac @ NEFI affected them. ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

There you go!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I finished the P-40B. It has been ready to maiden for a week or two now.... I had it sitting in the living room and my new little puppy chewed the port wing tip almost off!!!! :Angry:

Comment

Dog gone it!LOL I know it's a cheap shot but couldn't resist. Some of the real artists here could fix it but I would have to replace the wing. It's a shame you didn't even get to fly it first.

Comment

I had painted the interior of the flaps and wheel wells green, and the replacement wing is out of stock to add to the misery..... LOL

Comment

FF, I can insert a block of pink foam and sand it out, etc. etc, However, I may just add some fake ribs and wires and paint it silver. Add a few holes with a soldering iron and call it a flak hit!!! It would look cool, but may want to tip stall on the port side...... Dog gone it!!! :Crying:

Comment

That puppy wouldn’t happen to be a Japanese Spitz?

Comment

LOL No, it is a little rat dog that is cute as a button and really loving, but he lost his "buddy status" for a couple days!!!!!!! I may do the flak damage just for fun and see if it flies... If not, that is what the "order now" button is for!!!!

Comment

Bang! Bang!...always double tap for certainty ;)
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

It did cross my mind..... LOL I always carry my Glock 19, so.................... :-) Relax all you animal activists, just jerking your chain.....

Comment

Man that’s a weird bite pattern. What kind of rat did that?LOL

Comment

Seriously I would make some straight cuts, trace it onto blue or pink foam, glue it in and shape it. Bad dog! No!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            Bang! Bang!...always double tap for certainty ;)
                            ha!!!!! Yes!
                            Attached Files
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Did the maiden and three more flights.... The P-40B didn't even notice the wing tip being almost gone.... I did force it into a stall and when it dropped a wing, it was to the damaged side, but in normal fight and landing, it was a non-issue! :Drinks:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Good times, flak attack flys!

Comment

Warbird Charlie,

I am in the process of taking my stock engine out and replacing it with the P47 engine. How did you access the ESC to disconnect the wires? In this picture the motor wires and ESC connectors join directly under the motor mount. I'm a newbie at modifying so not sure how to proceed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P40 ESC.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	109549

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	front to back.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	109557 I suppose going in with forceps from both sides?

Comment

You should be able to pull that ESC forward enough under the motor mount to reach the three motor lead connectors.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OK, I will try again. The ESC was hanging up on the foam. Maybe some gentle pushing will get it moved forward enough. Will let you know this evening when I get off work how it went. My new motor is out for delivery today. :)

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement Warbird Charlie. I pushed and pulled harder and got the connectors exposed. New motor was waiting for me when I got home for lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                          X