Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :Cool:It is a great flying airplane. Just wonderful!! Fly it like the warbird it is....

Comment

• Thank you all for the good advise...so to make sure I have got it. Full is as far as it will go. the take off flaps just go half of full..is that right?

Comment

• Landing flap setting is all the way, correct, and 15 degrees of T/O flap, looks like a quarter inch deflection from the wing. T/O is more for realism than anything, I don't even use it any more and definitely not needed if there is any head wind. Blasted (smooth throttle advancement) mine off with her 6s system yesterday and was in the air in ten feet or so it seemed, just beware of the prop torque pulling the plane to the left.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Small flap deflection adds a safety margin at low speed. It will act to ensure the wing stalls in the center before the wingtips which makes a spin less likely.

While not really needed for most models... its not a bad idea to use low deflection flaps for takeoff.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Hey Gman............nice makeover :Scared:
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Like that Huh??
              Cat Ballou took place in Wyoming, a fictional city called Wolf City, appropriate!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Very sexy! Haven’t seen that movie in years! :Smug:

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback very helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Like that Huh??
                    Cat Ballou took place in Wyoming, a fictional city called Wolf City, appropriate!!

Grossman56
                    Lee Marvin is a great actor, but I won't watch anything with Jane Fonda in it.

Comment

• I love the movie, but not for Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin won an Academy award for that performance and it was well deserved. To his credit, he didn't run down the PresidentLOL, but said that there was a horse somewhere in Arizona that deserved the award as much as he did, gotta love it!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Back to the thread subject. I had my P-40 auger in at Nefi last year and it was the topic of conversation as to what exactly happened. I lost sight of it for a second as another pilot inadvertently blocked my line of vision for maybe a second or two. When I stepped back to regain visual, I was in a turn, but now she was going nose down without enough time to correct.
                        UGLY!
                        Before shots
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Nefi 2017 124.JPG Views:	1 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	125548Click image for larger version  Name:	Nefi 2017 128.JPG Views:	1 Size:	208.5 KB ID:	125549

After shots were not so nice, so I made a project out of it!!
                        Back in the air again with new wings and fuse, actually, the only original parts are the vertical and horizontal stabs, the cockpit/battery hatch and the wheel covers. Swapped out the 650 for a 6s out of Ryan's ex Thunderbolt (the story has been told and the legend has increased)
                        This time, I left out the gyro and she flies just as well without it.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Rebuilt!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1142.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	125551

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Looks beautiful Gman!

Comment

• Thanks Boomer, one of my favorites

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Very nice indeed

Comment

• Just picked up this bird on sale today. Have heard many good things, and couldn’t resist it. Will be a nice upgrade from the little 980mm version. Any must do mods for it?

Comment

• Hey Delta I look forward to seeing it in October at Grapevine.

Comment

• Absolutely gorgeous work on the weathering!!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Just picked up this bird on sale today. Have heard many good things, and couldn’t resist it. Will be a nice upgrade from the little 980mm version. Any must do mods for it?
                                        Gotta do the 1500 Razorback motor See post #28 and post #34 :Cool:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                          Hey Delta I look forward to seeing it in October at Grapevine.
                                          I’ll try to have it there. There is going to have to be some serious strategy involved with packing the car.. Looking forward to seeing you there again!

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Gotta do the 1500 Razorback motor See post #28 and post #34 :Cool:
                                          Thanks Charlie! Wishing I hadn’t sold off the stock motor from my P-47 now..

Comment

Working...
                                          X