Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha is tweaking them this weekend so the STL files will be available this week on the Support tabs of the product pages.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey gang, wanted to put some more flights on the A-10 today but too much wind. So I ordered the paint needed for the tri color scheme on the bubble canopy version. Callie will be supplying the decals for Ira Kepford's #29. Was going with the birdcage because of the color but just couldn't hack the birdcage and found out the two canopies are not interchangeable. So canceled the birdcage preorder and preordered the bubble version. Go Hawks!!

Comment

• I just received my F-22 and my daughter ordered me the new F4U dark blue. I am unpacking the F-22 now and hope to start building tomorrow. I need to sell a few planes for room now. These new models are just keep me busy just trying to find space for them. What a problem to have :).

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
          Hey gang, wanted to put some more flights on the A-10 today but too much wind. So I ordered the paint needed for the tri color scheme on the bubble canopy version. Callie will be supplying the decals for Ira Kepford's #29. Was going with the birdcage because of the color but just couldn't hack the birdcage and found out the two canopies are not interchangeable. So canceled the birdcage preorder and preordered the bubble version. Go Hawks!!
          Go Hawks!!!

Love the shout out to Kepford's #29. Looking forward to seeing her transformation Brad!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Downwindleg and Aros, Go Chiefs. LOL I will carry the "The Hawks" banner with y'all until the 12/23. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here's some pictures of the tail wheel assembly...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181216_172354204_iOS.jpg
Views:	1243
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	166938

Name:	20181216_172404561_iOS.jpg
Views:	1227
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	166937

Name:	20181216_172416126_iOS.jpg
Views:	1253
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	166939

Name:	20181216_172427024_iOS.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	166940

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                Downwindleg and Aros, Go Chiefs. LOL I will carry the "The Hawks" banner with y'all until the 12/23. Best, LB
                Fair enough my friend!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• this was as close as I could get to Ira Kepfords 29 until Flightline came out with this new one.
                  not sure yet who's plane I will turn this new one into.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	166979Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	166980Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	166981
                    Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                    Hey gang, wanted to put some more flights on the A-10 today but too much wind. So I ordered the paint needed for the tri color scheme on the bubble canopy version. Callie will be supplying the decals for Ira Kepford's #29. Was going with the birdcage because of the color but just couldn't hack the birdcage and found out the two canopies are not interchangeable. So canceled the birdcage preorder and preordered the bubble version. Go Hawks!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	166978

Hey Brad...Ira Kepford's awesome! I don't know if this is helpful, but here are some shots of a pro modeler's build of that plane (Larry Horyna, 1/32 scale Tami
                    ya). He researches everything thoroughly! Some great detail on the wear at the wing root and the faded fabric sections of the wing. Can't wait to see it! Rob
                    Last edited by Marco Polo; Mar 1, 2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• That is gorgeous and quite close to what I am aiming for on my ESM 85" Corsair. Love that faded blue and weathering! Mine is going to be based off of Pappy's last Corsair before he was shot down and taken prisoner (but not before getting another kill).

Name:	lgardner-170121-58838a88df63e.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	166987
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here's some more weathering shots for inspiration...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• OOOOHHHHH BOY!!!! so much beauty!!! Starting my F4U reference library now !!!
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Fair enough my friend!
                            Oh My!

49'ers 26, Seahawks 23!!!

:)

Comment

• I just realized....no one is going to buy all the other corsairs out there any more ...Cept maybe the Elite.....
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                I just realized....no one is going to buy all the other corsairs out there any more ...Cept maybe the Elite.....
                                In all seriousness, the others are a different size, different price point, so I'm sure they won't go extinct just yet. The Eflite one, to me, is one of the least desirable since it's quite small (1.2m) and loaded with AS3X, which not everyone wants or needs. The FMS 1400mm series is still a nice size for many people. There may even be a market for the cheapy HobbyKing version as not all who purchase will realize you get what you pay for. The other "off brands" have never sold well anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  Here's some more weathering shots for inspiration...
                                  I don't see how I am going to be able to sleep now, Aros. This aircraft is on my Christmas list but until then I can only dream of a New "weathered" Corsair. The pictures are inspiring. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for all the inspirational shots guys. Don't know whether I'll live up to that level of wear and weathering. Probably paint it first prior to assembly, Callies transfers next, then some flights to dial it in. After that, I'll take a poke at weathering. Rob love the Tamiya model job...especially the mechanics foot wear on the wing roots.

Comment

• Aros...those shots are great! Are those your models? Which scale/brand? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                        Aros...those shots are great! Are those your models? Which scale/brand? Rob
                                        Sorry to mislead, no they are just random photos I acquired from the Web to inspire me when the time does come to weather my Corsair(s)... Is there anything more beautiful than a realistically-weathered Corsair?! Heaven.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Great pics tho :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X