X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
    I got my Bearcat assembled today and ready to fly however I have two problems. The righ retract failed after a couple of cycles, I've sent an e-mail to Motion to get it replaced. The second issue was with the CG, the manual says 85mm however with an Admiral 3600maH shoved all the way forward the plane is still tail heavy.

For you guys flying the preproduction model, what did you use for a CG?
    I'm flying with our 4000 all the way forward and she's a jewel as you can tell from the video. My fat fingers get more of a 90mm reading inverted with gear down.

Comment

• Comment

• Good to know Ryan, thanks for the help.
        If its somewhere between 85 and 90mm, it will be a matter of finding your own sweet spot.
        I'd like to hear some opinions on battery placement from some of the guys as I do it more from memory than anything else.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Looks like a great plane, can't wait!!
          Is anyone contemplating the speed upgrade but keeping the four bladed prop?
          Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Got in 3 flights on the Bearcat this morning and it flies great! Mine is modded with the FMS 580kv motor, 85A ESC, and the HSD Skyraider prop. The torque from the big prop was manageable without too many issues, and performance is very good. My flights were between 5-7 min depending on throttle usage. Cruise power is around 50%, and the upper 1/3 throttle really kicks it into gear! Climb was unlimited as far as I could tell, it just kept on pulling. The CG was a bit tailheavy for me on my first flight, and I moved it a bit forward until it balanced at the end of the silver exhaust panels. From then on it tracked beautifully. This one is definitely a keeper!

Comment

• Hey Delta,
              Whose prop shaft were you using?? I know that the HSD one for the Skyraider doesn't have the same bolt pattern for the FMS 580 motor and the FMS prop shaft has a smaller hex @ 9mm versus the HSD hex @ 13mm. I've been in a futile search trying to find an FMS shaft that will work on my HSD Skyraider since none can be had from Dragon or BH at present.
              Thanx,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                Hey Delta,
                Whose prop shaft were you using?? I know that the HSD one for the Skyraider doesn't have the same bolt pattern for the FMS 580 motor and the FMS prop shaft has a smaller hex @ 9mm versus the HSD hex @ 13mm. I've been in a futile search trying to find an FMS shaft that will work on my HSD Skyraider since none can be had from Dragon or BH at present.
                Thanx,
                I just used the stock shaft and removed the key from it with a file. After tightening down the prop nut, it isn't going anywhere, key or not. On the same topic, do you know of another source for these props? I was going to pick up a spare, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                  I just used the stock shaft and removed the key from it with a file. After tightening down the prop nut, it isn't going anywhere, key or not. On the same topic, do you know of another source for these props? I was going to pick up a spare, but they appear to be out of stock everywhere.
                  Nope...............I've searched all over and nothing. As I said above, Dragon (was the first) and Banana are the only sources for HSD equipment.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    Hi dkalwishky, from which point are you measuring your CG? I flew both preproduction and final production models with an Admiral 4s 3600 or 4000 pushed all the way forward for perfect balance during flight.
                    i measured 85mm right up against the fuselage. Once my gear problem is fixed I'm going to fly it as is and see how she flies.

Comment

• Love that prop F106, that looks very scale!
                      I'll keep that one in mind when we can find a prop source. Anyone finding them, please post!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• flying off grass most of the time il stick with the non scale standard four blade

Comment

• Okay guys, please explain to me what the heck you do with the controller box. Is one side input and the other output? the only two wires coming out are flaps and landing gear, the instructions don't explain anything about this.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan,
                            The assembly manual on page 7 clearly shows that there are two sides on top(outputs) where you see the FlightLine logo and then opposite of that logo on the end of the case is five(5) connectors(inputs) that you hook leads to from the receiver. Can't understand your confusion :huh:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I only plugged the gear and flaps into that box and used a separate y harness for the ailerons. Mine had 3 outputs (gear, flaps, ailerons) but the aileron output didn't work. The rudder and elevator go directly to the receiver.

Comment

• All outputs work fine on mine. Elevator and rudder don't go into the box, just plug them straight into the RX. I mounted the box on the upper rear wall, and put my RX right next to it.
                                Pat

Comment

• is that control box really necessary? seems like something else to go wrong...after all it was made by the lowest bidder I am sure

Comment

• Doesn't look necessary to me, I think connecting up the items going to the control box with "Y" connectors should work fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                      Dan,
                                      The assembly manual on page 7 clearly shows that there are two sides on top(outputs) where you see the FlightLine logo and then opposite of that logo on the end of the case is five(5) connectors(inputs) that you hook leads to from the receiver. Can't understand your confusion :huh:
                                      You would think, but where the diagram shows the (5) connectors(inputs) they don't exist. there are only a single yellow wire coming out for the flaps, a single yellow wire coming out for the ailerons and a triple wire coming out for the L/G( all three hardwired internally). So where are the outputs for the rudder and elevator?
                                      What I ended up doing is taking Ryan's advice and bypassing the box for everything but the L/G, flaps and ailerons and that seems to work. Just can't figure out why you would plug the rudder and elevator in when there is no output?? Here's two pics of the bottom that Charlie is describing.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        I only plugged the gear and flaps into that box and used a separate y harness for the ailerons. Mine had 3 outputs (gear, flaps, ailerons) but the aileron output didn't work. The rudder and elevator go directly to the receiver.
                                        I got my ailerons to work by flipping the plug so that the yellow was plugged in the opposite way. I tend to wonder as well just why this box? I mean, I do like the concept of one box that everything can plug in and out of, eliminating y harnesses, but again, I don't understand why I would plug the rudder and elevator into it when there is no output, very strange...

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan,
                                          The pics you've shown of the actual hardware(control box) is/appears to be not what is depicted in the manual..........that is just wrong. If it was as shown in the manual there should/would be no issue for guys like you and MANY others. Personally I would be saying WTF and this needs to be corrected and made right to the consumer. As I do a majority of the time on new releases, I let the "oh a shiny new whatever" buyers do the beta testing so as to not go through the aggravation of wringing out the "new release" issues and buy six months after the issues have been identified and remedied either by the manufacturer or various mods. I will be watching this control box issue closely to see where it goes.
                                          Good luck on getting it resolved my friend,
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X