Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi RCAV8R , can you send a picture of a CF rods ?...thanks in advance ;)
    Cheers
    Jo

Comment

• Jo...I think I got my last batch at my local hobby store, but in searching on Google I found several. My recommendation would be to try and get solid, square rod (as opposed to tube with a hollow core), although round solid is fine. There is always the question of diameter...I think it was in the range of .05 inches, or around 3 mm, but I'm fuzzy on that. And of course, you don't need a lot of length. The channels that run down each side of the battery compartment are perfect for it, and even with a reasonable amount of Foam Tac glue, it serves to hide the installation from the compartment. I hope that helps! Rob

Comment

• Thank you dear Rob, the third picture showed me everything.:Cool:
        Regards
        Jo

Comment

• My Spitfire is almost finished, I waiting for battery an admiral 4500 (out of stock) and then the maiden ... after the Easter holidays. I set up a telemetry for voltage of RX because there is no on mine T8FG. The range is 350 mtrs. I hope everything will be good .Thanks for your time, Happy Easter and all the best.
          Jos & Family.:Heart:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Have a great Easter! :Cool: Many blessings to you and your family Jos! :P Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
              My Spitfire is almost finished, Thanks for your time, Happy Easter and all the best. Jos & Family.:Heart:
              Jos, your Spitfire is looking good, sir. Send more pictures, please. A very Happy Easter to you and your lovely family. Best always, Steve & Tammy
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

My Spitfire is almost finished, I waiting for battery an admiral 4500 (out of stock) and then the maiden ... after the Easter holidays. I set up a telemetry for voltage of RX because there is no on mine T8FG. The range is 350 mtrs. I hope everything will be good .Thanks for your time, Happy Easter and all the best.
                Jos & Family.:Heart:
                Blessed Easter to you too Jos! You will love this plane...it is by far my favorite! If I may, here are my thoughts for your maiden...

Take-Off...I highly recommend using low rates! I was on high rates for my maiden and I was over compensating for what I anticipated would be some nose-over. The plane leaped into the air, stalled and almost crashed! Low rates are sufficient and a gentle application of up elevator and slow, steady application of throttle will keep it from nosing over. You will also have to apply a slight amount of left rudder to compensate for torque while rolling.

Flight...a pure joy!

Landing...this is probably the only really tricky thing about the Spit, due almost entirely to the narrow stance of the landing gear. Keep the plane level and gradually reduce throttle while adding up elevator until you touch the mains on the runway. I use full flaps and they are fine for me. Once the wheels touch, shift gears mentally: you will need to add left rudder to compensate for torque as it rolls. And as you cut the throttle to let the tail settle down, be prepared for a change in direction causing a wing tip to dip. Compensate with aileron (I usually get a swerve to the right causing the port wing to dip, so adding starboard aileron to compensate) while still using left rudder to hold the straight line as well. The good news is the design is excellent and the underside of the wing tips are solid plastic, so runway rash is very minimal, but the narrow stance makes tracking more difficult, especially once the tail wheel touches. It's just something to be ready for mentally, and you will be fine!

I'm not trying to backseat drive Jos...take my comments or leave them. You will love the plane and have an awesome experience!! Rob

Comment

• Dears All .... Jerry ,Steve&Tammy , Rob ...thanks for everything and especially on the maiden instructions by Rob...you are a colleague and friends :Cool:Cheers
                  Jos&Ella.
                  Note:I'll give you all the news and send pictures of course:bf109

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Blessed Easter to you too Jos! You will love this plane...it is by far my favorite! If I may, here are my thoughts for your maiden...

Take-Off...I highly recommend using low rates! I was on high rates for my maiden and I was over compensating for what I anticipated would be some nose-over. The plane leaped into the air, stalled and almost crashed! Low rates are sufficient and a gentle application of up elevator and slow, steady application of throttle will keep it from nosing over. You will also have to apply a slight amount of left rudder to compensate for torque while rolling.

Flight...a pure joy!

Landing...this is probably the only really tricky thing about the Spit, due almost entirely to the narrow stance of the landing gear. Keep the plane level and gradually reduce throttle while adding up elevator until you touch the mains on the runway. I use full flaps and they are fine for me. Once the wheels touch, shift gears mentally: you will need to add left rudder to compensate for torque as it rolls. And as you cut the throttle to let the tail settle down, be prepared for a change in direction causing a wing tip to dip. Compensate with aileron (I usually get a swerve to the right causing the port wing to dip, so adding starboard aileron to compensate) while still using left rudder to hold the straight line as well. The good news is the design is excellent and the underside of the wing tips are solid plastic, so runway rash is very minimal, but the narrow stance makes tracking more difficult, especially once the tail wheel touches. It's just something to be ready for mentally, and you will be fine!

I'm not trying to backseat drive Jos...take my comments or leave them. You will love the plane and have an awesome experience!! Rob
                    Hi Jos and friends...Richj53 just caught me on my rudder instructions...my memory was messed up on which direction the rudder compensates for prop torque. It should be right rudder, not left! Sorry! Rob

Comment

• Dear Rob , I got it right away, but I did not want to intervene (this is my fourth Spitfire, but the best and the most expensive one) ... thank you, off course ,anyway ... I think you are in the zodiac sign Aries ... lol ... like me.;)
                      Note:A small gift for everyone who respects our Spitfire.:Not-Talking:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jos, Great picture. Is that a Cocker Spaniel? LOL Best LB
                        ps: Happy Easter
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for understanding Jos, and for your grace...I had no idea you had so much experience! I'm just about done with my repairs and re-paint on my Spit and will have some photos soon. Nice photo...the Brits know how to fill out a flight jacket, don't they?

Blessed Easter to all... Rob

Comment

Dear Rob , I got it right away, but I did not want to intervene (this is my fourth Spitfire, but the best and the most expensive one) ... thank you, off course ,anyway ... I think you are in the zodiac sign Aries ... lol ... like me.;)
                            What a GREAT looking Spit and such a cute little dog too...makes the whole pic perfect! :P

Comment

Dear Rob , I got it right away, but I did not want to intervene (this is my fourth Spitfire, but the best and the most expensive one) ... thank you, off course ,anyway ... I think you are in the zodiac sign Aries ... lol ... like me.;)
                              What a great looking bird, wish I had one. I can do without the plane and dog though.;)
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thank you all for the backfeed ... and the pity.... you did not notice the wonderful eyes of our Spitfire colleague girl.LOLIt's nice to know that in the United States I have colleagues of same-minded.Cheers.
                                Jos

Comment

Thank you all for the backfeed ... and the pity.... you did not notice the wonderful eyes of our Spitfire colleague girl.LOL It's nice to know that in the United States I have colleagues of same-minded.Cheers. Jos
                                  Jos, I am certain that the Spitfire is not looking at the dog. LOL LOL Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Guys...I could use your collective knowledge on a Spitfire topic! I'm building a Mk V model and it calls out "Sky S" as the color of the underbelly. My research seems to indicate various ideas about what Sky S is. Some show it as a pale green, described as "duck egg blue", similar to the green band around the fuse, or the spinner on our FL Mk IX. Others show it as more of a white. Thoughts? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                      Hey Guys...I could use your collective knowledge on a Spitfire topic! I'm building a Mk V model and it calls out "Sky S" as the color of the underbelly. My research seems to indicate various ideas about what Sky S is. Some show it as a pale green, described as "duck egg blue", similar to the green band around the fuse, or the spinner on our FL Mk IX. Others show it as more of a white. Thoughts? Rob
                                      Rob, I have a book on Brit Camouflage and Markings of RAF Fighter Command WW2 and the color "Sky" or "Type S" or "Sky Type S" and "Duck Egg Green" or "Duck Egg Blue" or "Pale Green" are considered the same color and published under any of these descriptions. For my Spitfire/Seafire where about half the airframe is painted "Sky Type S" I used Tamiya XF-21 Sky matched to HD Behr Marquee Exterior latex. I thought the match was very good. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (2).JPG
Views:	1434
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	191627
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Slick looking Spitfire, Elbee! Really well done, lots of character!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Pilots – A bit off subject but I need you help.

I’m trying to create a list of the “Top 50 + - “AMA Chartered” fields across the US. I know there’s a generic A-Z list of all the 2400 AMA chartered fields but I’m looking to identify the top fields in terms of number of runways, (grass or asphalt) how groomed they are, available facilities, amenities, number of members etc. etc.

I know this is a very subjective request but an example would be the Triple Tree Aerodrome in SC, Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee, WA, the Hudson Valley RC - West Haverstraw, NY and the Rosewood RC Flyers in Elizabeth, IN. Please let me know who you feel would fall into the top fields under the criteria I mentioned.

Thanks a million! Grover54

Comment

Working...
                                          X