Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics - Télega - Zubax Robotics
    Advanced Power Drives

MOTORS FOR RC SURFACE VEHICLES - NEU RACING​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Sorry on vacation… I preliminary check shows sadly nothing close to me. Eugene, OR I think was the closest which is still hours away. Makes sense because Astoria is one of the wettest places in the country per year lol!

I’ll reach out to the director though.

Meanwhile…Aloha from Kauai!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7325.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	399757
      Man, that's absolutely beautiful. All Id need now is a rod and a tackle box and I would never come back.....
      State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics - Télega - Zubax Robotics
      Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Now u guys r talkin sloads of fish here..... around phillip is,,, the penguin parade...... fuun

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          Now u guys r talkin sloads of fish here..... around phillip is,,, the penguin parade...... fuun
          Has the marine life around Altona beach recovered from the detergent spill at Cherry Lake in 2022?
          Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• I dont fish port phillip much... but they get plenty there.. altona is out west im east side. Sounds like u no melbourne a bit... im a western port fisho.. dont remember that spill but.. dr google informed me.. u no ya suff.. i believe its recovering ok.. spills like that , never good

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              I dont fish port phillip much... but they get plenty there.. altona is out west im east side. Sounds like u no melbourne a bit... im a western port fisho.. dont remember that spill but.. dr google informed me.. u no ya suff.. i believe its recovering ok.. spills like that , never good
              Wish I did know there I love wildlife so its a bucket list place for sure. I know some pretty damn good electrical engineers from there too. Sounds like it has a few places where I could get off the grid...

I had a friend "darwindingo" down that way that was building a 72inch mono from plans but I lost touch with him on modelpowerboats a forum that died. wish I could purchase it and bring it back.
              Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Got some pics of my painter holding my boat...He said he can't wait to see the maiden vid and I said that makes both of us!

Name:	mark2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	400551

Name:	mark3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	400552

Name:	mark1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	400553
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• U both have done an awsome job.. that first rooster tail just a little closer

Comment

• Thanks Ausie, can't wait!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros SWEET! Looking forward to seeing it in action!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• What did Mike tell you for the COG? Most times It should be right around the turn fin. Have you looked at the dimensions for your batteries and the boat? Is everything going to fit like you want?
                        Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Originally posted by Clugh View Post
                          What did Mike tell you for the COG? Most times It should be right around the turn fin. Have you looked at the dimensions for your batteries and the boat? Is everything going to fit like you want?
                          I haven't asked about the CG yet but I was going to soon as I was just thinking about that. I haven't begun the process of figuring out the batteries/placement/receiver/radio yet. Once I figure out CG I'll look into what mAh LiPos I will be getting...I'll have to solder the right connection on to the ESC as well. There's only so much room with the motor taking center stage and the front section where the ESC is too small for batteries...It will be interesting for sure.

Oh, yes, and I still need to get the right prop for it.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I had some Admiral 4S 3000's lying around so I placed them besides the motor and it was a perfect fit. Which tells me I wouldn't be able to go much higher than 3000 mAh. I am confused where all these tubes go?

Attached Files
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I had some Admiral 4S 3000's lying around so I placed them besides the motor and it was a perfect fit. Which tells me I wouldn't be able to go much higher than 3000 mAh. I am confused where all these tubes go?
                              The water lines should start at the rudder pickup and in one way or another routed through the esc and motor then exits the boat somewhere..

Looks like u have plenty of room for batteries since another set can load aft of those for another 3000 mah in parallel. Id run as much as I could without adversely affecting a good center of gravity.
                              Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Great, thanks! I really feel strongly that I need to find someone somewhat regional that can help me finish the boat. Hell, I don't even have a solder machine, lol! I don't want to be patching the wrong water lines where they shouldn't go. Still wondering what a good receiver and radio will be and how that built-in switch on the receiver box works? I need an RC hydro guy in driving distance dang it! LOL
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Great, thanks! I really feel strongly that I need to find someone somewhat regional that can help me finish the boat. Hell, I don't even have a solder machine, lol! I don't want to be patching the wrong water lines where they shouldn't go. Still wondering what a good receiver and radio will be and how that built-in switch on the receiver box works? I need an RC hydro guy in driving distance dang it! LOL
                                  Buy Futaba is what I'm going to say every time. Others might have other experiences and suggestions for a really good radio but I don't have any experiences with anything else. For what I think most people would like in features and price range for these boats I'd look at the Futaba 4PM Plus

Dont pay more than 249.99 for the radio plus shipping.

As far as routing the cooling lines we can work through that here on hobby squawk. You have a good thread here. keep going...You wont hurt her... She is beautiful I know how you feel ....

All we need is photos of all the bare nipples in the boat where water lines connect.

Regards
                                  Hubert
                                  Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Thanks friend! I will take all kinds of photos tomorrow. I am going to heed your advice and go Futaba. Do you have a precise receiver recommendation? Also, there’s a hole for an antenna. Where do I get that antenna and does it somehow mount to the receiver in the waterproof box?

Finally, those ESC positive and negative wire gauges look large. Can they solder to an XT60?

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks friend! I will take all kinds of photos tomorrow. I am going to heed your advice and go Futaba. Do you have a precise receiver recommendation? Also, there’s a hole for an antenna. Where do I get that antenna and does it somehow mount to the receiver in the waterproof box?

Finally, those ESC positive and negative wire gauges look large. Can they solder to an XT60?
                                      XT 60 is out go ec8 or castle 6.5 or 8mm, If you really want nice go with AMASS

Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• Click image for larger versionName:	20230309_144012.jpgViews:	0Size:	148.7 KBID:	400671

Castle 8mm
                                        Advanced Power Drives

Comment

• A MASS 7mm
                                          Click image for larger versionName:	AMASS 7mm.pngViews:	4Size:	1.33 MBID:	400673
                                          Advanced Power Drives

Comment

Working...
                                          X