X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    What is this dullcoat of which you speak?

Not my first M-60.

Honestly I've had issues with the Testors stuff. I like the Tamiya or even the cheap Rustoleum.

Comment

• I was just kidding. I use Tamiya and Mr Hobby. The hardware store sprays use too coarse a particulate.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• The Alclad products in the airbrush are good too. https://alclad2.com/finishes/aqua-klears/

Comment

I was just kidding. I use Tamiya and Mr Hobby. The hardware store sprays use too coarse a particulate.
          I was stating it more for the other modelers reading the board so that they can learn since the topic came up, I know you can make a tank look darn good with all your weathering, I was just razzin ya.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Bowing to peer pressure (actually I always intended to do some weathering, I just got prodded into action) I defiled my M60!

I looked at a bunch of real life M60's from the Reforger era. They weren't very rusty but they did get real dusty and dirty on maneuvers, especially if it wasn't the first tank in the column.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0868.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.6 KB ID:	401239
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	401240
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0867.jpg Views:	3 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	401242

.....a perfectly clean shiny tank, and look at it now...at least the other tanks won't make fun of anymore.. I haven't "fixed" the dust with another clearcoat yet. I'll let handling and running spread it around a bit. Oh, and Rich, the lugs broke off at the first brick step climb. Removed now as per your suggestion!

Attached Files

Comment

Bowing to peer pressure (actually I always intended to do some weathering, I just got prodded into action) I defiled my M60!

I looked at a bunch of real life M60's from the Reforger era. They weren't very rusty but they did get real dusty and dirty on maneuvers, especially if it wasn't the first tank in the column.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0868.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.6 KB ID:	401239
              Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	401240
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0867.jpg Views:	20 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	401242

.....a perfectly clean shiny tank, and look at it now...at least the other tanks won't make fun of anymore..

Great field use look to the weathering👍👍. I also love the new M68 A3 barrel it really makes the M60 look more model / hobby grade like.

Comment

• Now you can make fun of my slick 60 in its shiny 1960 fs24087 semi gloss OD.
                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Tongde Churchill Mk VII:

So photos definitely present a different impression than direct vision. There is applied grime and bare metal rub-on highlights throughout to the point any more would be unrealistic, but in the sun they fade to insignificance. But it looks good nevertheless. Dust, rust and maybe mud would be the last layer, for the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	401817

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	401818

Comment

• So close, so far

80 percent done
                    20 percent to go

Cheers all!

Comment

• Hope videos are OK here. A guy once made a joke about guys who want their tanks to do it all, including singing Panzerlied as they roll along, so I couldn't resist making this 40-something second video. I thought y'all might find it amusing. The 332 Tiger (gray) has an IBU2 so that's the engine start up and motor sounds, while the S33 has an Asp, so she provides the extra sound effects.

Comment

• S13's shakedown run today.

Comment

• Thanks guys.
                          love this tanks very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viper 178 View Post
                            Thanks guys.
                            love this tanks very much.
                            Me too. However, none of my leopards is white :-(.

Name:	IMG_4814.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	401873

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Me too. However, none of my leopards is white :-(.

Name:	IMG_4814.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	401873
                              Remind me of my old version 6 Leopard .

Comment

• Comment

• My Merkava tank which has upgrade the motor to red motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viper 178 View Post
                                    My Merkava tank which has upgrade the motor to red motor.
                                    The IDF Merkava is my favorite Heng Long tank and offers many upgrade potentials. I documented some of them in this thread.
                                    The unboxing is uneventful. The package was delivered in very good condition. The tank works directly out of the box. No hicap whatsoever. I have only one pack of 2S 18650 LiIon. I tested it at 2300 mAh which should give decent run time. The 2S 26650 packs are too big for the Merkava battery compartment. When I first took

The Red 390 is a fast running motor (25000rpm and up). It needs a well balanced ball bearing gearbox to run properly.

Comment

• She lives
                                      Silky smooth

checkout the build here on HS🦧🏴‍☠️🦧

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X