Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC Tank Wishlist -- Tell Us What You Want To See in the RC Tank Industry

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinnetti How big?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191122_211906.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	223690

I'd love to see your modified Jagdpanther, please consider posting a photo or two in this thread
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

oooooh.. Yeah, about that big. 1/6 scale Armortek is the gold standard but any bigger scale would be better and 1/12 or 1/13th scale would match all my airplanes ;) Been tempted to simply have parts laser cut from steel, then tig weld them together to go real scale. Paintball combat would be fun but most folks seem to be very protective of their toys - more people do air to air RC combat than tanks which kinda cooled my tank ardor. I have no skill in "modeling" so my stuff doesn't look great. I'd love a service to paint and weather my machines once I build them how I want mechanically. I don't seem to have much in the way of pictures but changed a lot of things mechanically and electrically. Switched to a 2S lipo, made a much bigger speaker box and bigger speaker, rewired it, changed the barrel mount (which breaks really easily), made it FPV from the commanders hatch, modified the airsoft gun a bit. Below are a few of the parts I did for it (improved barrel mount, speaker box and FPV camera mount to fit in the commanders hatch) and a great example of what I'd really like. I understand this one is 10th scale but definitely not mine!
      Attached Files

Comment

Contact AkumaZeto on this forum, he's a skilled painter and has been painting static armor models for years.

I agree, that 1/10 scale Jagdpanther looks great!

Would you mind posting the STL files here on the 3DP exchange thread? I have several STL files I designed that I need to convert then post. It's nice to see another 3DP designer out there!

I need to take a better picture, but in the meantime, you can barely see the FPV CITV I designed that's a drop-in fit the the Heng Long Abrams. It's about 25% taller than scale, but I don't mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00019 - Copy.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	223719

Comment

Cool. I haven't done yet, but want a good barrel smoke mod with my airsoft setup. Thanks for the painting connection. Mine is just out of the box on the outside right now. I'll see if I can dig up some mod pictures. I put the speaker box up on Thingyverse and can put the other stuff up, but its pretty specific to my mods exact mods - you have to do some cutting to put in the speaker box for example, and the camera mount is for my specific camera etc. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3370055

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Jdcrow I just got back from the factory, and can now confirm for the first time that they were able to implement the barrel recoil into the Professional Edition of the King Tiger. We'll be the first to carry these!
            Thanks Alpha. Hopefully the Product Pages on Motion will also be updated with the Gun Recoil "YES" for the Professional Editions. Currently they all say "NO"

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
              RC tanks...cool.

However, in reality, not for me...unless I can install one of those IR battle systems in a FW A-10.

Sean
              Yeah, I'll stick to the air myself. Although my son (under the red blob of an arrow) is fired up! I'm pretty sure
              I've sold him the M1A2 Abrams already. He can't wait... "c'mon February!"

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I just want it all!

Comment

Another vote for M60 Patton, and M109A7 Paladin, please please.

Comment

M-24 ChaffeeClick image for larger version

Name:	2199A935-1E52-40D9-B31A-11C725FE811E.jpeg
Views:	492
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	224126

Comment

Comment

Oops double post. The 1/10 Jagdpanther is mine. A custom one from the Netherlands that I got off a local tanker. Runs great, I have an ibu2pro that I am trying to put in for sound.

Comment

Markocaster It's a really well done Jagdpanther, thanks for sharing! It will sound great with the IBU2Pro. Please post more photos if you'd like.

I really like tank destroyers and mobile artillery.

Comment

How about some German half tracks? I love the looks of the things.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmd_man View Post
                              How about some German half tracks? I love the looks of the things.
                              I second that....

Comment

Originally posted by Markocaster View Post
                                Oops double post. The 1/10 Jagdpanther is mine. A custom one from the Netherlands that I got off a local tanker. Runs great, I have an ibu2pro that I am trying to put in for sound.
                                Truly fantastic! is it scratch built? if not, who makes 1/10th scale? I'd like one just like it

Comment

Chaffe is definitely needed. I kinda figured Tamiya was going to produce the Chaffe to round out their Sherman and Pershing but instead the picked the Sheridan. I would have chose the Chaffe over the Sheridan. Currently more of the hobby is focused on WWII and modern, with a huge gap missing for cold war armor that is just beginning to be filled in. The Sheridan seems an odd ball to get into the cold war market but any new tank from a mfr is a welcome product.
                                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Alpha, will you be carrying the Heng Long T34?

Comment

Prowler901 Absolutely, we have the T-34/85 coming in on the next batch once it's 100% ready. I really enjoy the T-34, both its history and its RC performance. Heng Long's "Professional" Edition is also one of their more fully metal Professional Editions, which adds barrel recoil, and metal road wheels with real rubber wheels such as is delivered on the Professional Editions of the Leopard 2A6, Tiger I, and M1A2 Abrams.

Comment

Excellent news! The T34 has been a favorite of mine from WW2 ever since I built a model in my teens. I'm very excited about the addition of tanks to the Motion RC lineup. You guys are my favorite RC aircaft supplier. I've always been interested in tanks and being able to buy them from Motion makes it an easy decision to get started. I think my first one will be the M41.

Looking forward to continuing my RC adventures with Motion RC.

Comment

Found a few pics of my gutted hull (battery box is closed on the bottom, connected through the back hatch on top), much bigger speaker and custom speaker box with a lot more volume and a redesigned gun bracket to replace the janky factory one. Would love a bigger Jagdpanther, preferably with scale suspension and metal hull at least
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X