Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I second the FAMO Flak bus idea.

Comment

• As long as the model had a functioning tow hitch, I would be on board! The real Famo could tow other Famos, Panzers, Panthers, and even the larger Tiger 1, so in 1/16 scale it would play nicely with the fields of 1/16 Tiger 1s, Panzers, and Panthers we just pumped into the world.

Click image for larger version  Name:	atlf3u0ra9r01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.1 KB ID:	245461Click image for larger version  Name:	Sdkfz_9_FAMO_towing_Panzer_III_Russia_1941.  jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	245462

As a towed accessory, the field gun would be worth it to me if it somehow fired blanks. Same for the mounted Flak 88.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Famo Flak 88.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	245463

I mean, come on..

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• TiredIronGRB Do you still have that 1/1 half track? I could use some references...
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          TiredIronGRB Do you still have that 1/1 half track? I could use some references...
          Sadly no, in a museum somewhere last I heard, however I can tell you the one posted above is pretty dead on down to the blackout lamp mounts in the rear.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post
            1:16 halftrack, so I don't have to pay $89 shipping fee to some ebay supplier!
            An M16/M3 Halftrack would definitely be a must have! That is one sweet machine TI!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              An M16/M3 Halftrack would definitely be a must have! That is one sweet machine TI!
              This is another one I would get in a heatbeat, the 1:1 was fun to drive with the dual Caddy V-8s.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by MrScudder View Post
                Different settings on I/R hits. It’s 5 hits for every tank. If you could change it to lower number of hits. Maybe have 3 hits and 2 hits. This would work better for war gamers. As a Tiger only had to hit a Sherman once.
                Possible problem with that scenario is, first event people show up with models A,B,C and D model B slaughters every other model as it is so well armoured and only needs to get a couple of hits in. Next meeting everyone turns up with a model B so your back to the level playing field you're trying to avoid. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

This is another one I would get in a heatbeat, the 1:1 was fun to drive with the dual Caddy V-8s.

http://tired-iron.mounet.com/m5a1.htm
                  Hey George....perfect for going down to the store in this "social-distancing" times..!

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post

Hey George....perfect for going down to the store in this "social-distancing" times..!
                    ...or a heli-hauler
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcright View Post

Possible problem with that scenario is, first event people show up with models A,B,C and D model B slaughters every other model as it is so well armoured and only needs to get a couple of hits in. Next meeting everyone turns up with a model B so your back to the level playing field you're trying to avoid. Just a thought.
                      With regards to current tank club type battles using mostly the established Tamiya battle protocols and centered around Heng Long WWII designs(Modern tank have to be address separately) :

Hit numbers usually equal weight class. Lower hit lower weight tank. Example is a Sherman can be either light or medium it cannot be a heavy. As a light tank with 3 hits it can fire faster at one shoot every 3 seconds. Compared to a heavy that can fire one shot every 9 seconds. Matching a light Sherman against a heavy tank (6 hits + and 9 seconds between shoots), add on speed limitations for the heavy tank (because heavy 1940s era tanks are usually slower) such as low power mode only vs the light tank on high power mode and it theoretically ”on paper” becomes a rather even fight.

Now team up a light and medium against two heavy tanks or two light tanks working as a team with their high rate of fire and superior speed = ? rapidly knocking out heavy tanks?

How one fights his tanks and the tactics deployed are more important then anything else. When it’s not a free for all battle one should look to paring up with another tank and work to exploit each other’s advantages to take the field. One person by him/her self is going have a hard time of it if they use poor tactics and try to go head to head with someone that understand the uses of tactics and plays to the advantages of his tank to exploit the weaknesses of his opponents tank.

Being “evenly matched” is not solely about the tank and its class, hits, damage, maneuverability or speed. It’s about much more.

Comment

• I dug out these models I did many, many years ago as you can tell from the missing guns on the M-50 Ontos, the "Rommel's Rod" was a fantasy kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4846.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	245929

Name:	IMG_4845.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	245930

Name:	IMG_4847.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	245932

Name:	IMG_4848.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	245931
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          I dug out these models I did many, many years ago as you can tell from the missing guns on the M-50 Ontos, the "Rommel's Rod" was a fantasy kit.

[/ATTACH]
                          I remember that "Rommel Rod"! I bought one when I was little just for the little tri-plane and skeleton guy that came with it. That takes me back..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

With regards to current tank club type battles using mostly the established Tamiya battle protocols and centered around Heng Long WWII designs(Modern tank have to be address separately) :

Hit numbers usually equal weight class. Lower hit lower weight tank. Example is a Sherman can be either light or medium it cannot be a heavy. As a light tank with 3 hits it can fire faster at one shoot every 3 seconds. Compared to a heavy that can fire one shot every 9 seconds. Matching a light Sherman against a heavy tank (6 hits + and 9 seconds between shoots), add on speed limitations for the heavy tank (because heavy 1940s era tanks are usually slower) such as low power mode only vs the light tank on high power mode and it theoretically ”on paper” becomes a rather even fight.

Now team up a light and medium against two heavy tanks or two light tanks working as a team with their high rate of fire and superior speed = ? rapidly knocking out heavy tanks?

How one fights his tanks and the tactics deployed are more important then anything else. When it’s not a free for all battle one should look to paring up with another tank and work to exploit each other’s advantages to take the field. One person by him/her self is going have a hard time of it if they use poor tactics and try to go head to head with someone that understand the uses of tactics and plays to the advantages of his tank to exploit the weaknesses of his opponents tank.

Being “evenly matched” is not solely about the tank and its class, hits, damage, maneuverability or speed. It’s about much more.

Yeah I know I was simplifying things somewhat but we’ve all seen what happens when there is a dominant design and things can get a bit samey. But as I said it was just a thought.

Comment

• Half tracks as a class of military vehicles has always been seriously under represented in the RC world. I've a particular long standing interest in the Famo, particularly
                              in 1/10 scale. I have 2 of Asiatam's 1/16 kits which remain un-built but I could justify more for variants. My main interest in them is for 1/10- I'd want two of them. I want the Sd Ah 116
                              to go along with them; both 1/16 and 1/10 scales.

Jerry

Comment

• I would like to see Heng Long produce a 1/16 scale M 5 Stuart tank. I remember drawing pictures like the ones in the old GI Combat / Sargent Rock comics

Comment

• Originally posted by restworkshop@aol.com View Post
                                  I would like to see Heng Long produce a 1/16 scale M 5 Stuart tank. I remember drawing pictures like the ones in the old GI Combat / Sargent Rock comics
                                  I'd like to see that one too restworkshop@aol.com, but then again, there are too many to count I'd like to see. Welcome to HobbySquawk by the way. Do you currently own some RC tanks?

Comment

• Originally posted by restworkshop@aol.com View Post
                                    I would like to see Heng Long produce a 1/16 scale M 5 Stuart tank. I remember drawing pictures like the ones in the old GI Combat / Sargent Rock comics
                                    RW, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Glad you're on board, Sir. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Is there any new news re: when the "Heng Long" WW II tanks will be rolling in? I have a Tiger 1 and a Sherman on my wish list. I'm still hoping for one of these RC model manufacturers to build a 1/16 version of the M 5 tank. I'm partial to the way the ones sans fender skirts looked. There are still a few 1/6 scale versions around but I would love to have a 1/16 scale to go with the WWII tanks I'm planning to purchase from Motion RC. Tanks a lot!

Comment

• Alpha I want a stug come on let’s do it!!! That would look sexy next to my tiger and panzer.such an amazing tank and if my memory serves me correctly it actually had the most tank kills of ww2 so it’s definitely an iconic tank

Comment

• Alpha
                                          I've been looking at getting into this, and signed up just to add my own personal 'wants'; some of which I know you are covering with Heng Long's factory.

1) Kit. I've had hobby experience, and something that is attractive about the Tamiya options is the fun of building it from the ground up. Obviously having the functional parts, such as the Servo units, the motors, and transmission factory assembled and tested helps. A recommendation is to buy the Tank Hulls and physical parts, then choose what type of internals the buyer wants. I know many people will still want access to complete vehicles, and that's understandable, but my own personal preference would be to build and paint as much as I could, and install the upgrades I would like, without having to Buy Kit A and then refit it with Upgrades X Y and Z.

2) FPV camera, which you've mentioned, would be great.

3) Some other electronics would be the option to.....have a USB transceiver and run a tank and video through a laptop. That is asking a LOT. I have no idea if its possible, but it may help turn RC tanks into a better sporting hobby, being able to record or stream the camera view.

4) TK6.1s at the minimum for the modern MBTs. Barrel and turret stabilization is super cool. the firing light and smoke effects are amazing on the pro plus!

5) A full-sealed hull for easy weatherproofing. The Metal hulls of the professional tanks do this, and I say keep it going!

Thanks Alpha,
                                          Russ

Comment

Working...
                                          X