Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC Tank Wishlist -- Tell Us What You Want To See in the RC Tank Industry

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When and where are the parts, especially batteries, going to be listed? While tanks don't go through batteries as fast as planes, still don't want to end up like the NAZIs at the Battle of the Bulge.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
      When and where are the parts, especially batteries, going to be listed? While tanks don't go through batteries as fast as planes, still don't want to end up like the NAZIs at the Battle of the Bulge.
      They aren't made of fairy dust. Thrown any 2s LIpo in there and bob's yer uncle.

Comment

The tanks come set up with Tamiya battery connectors and the majority of the battery boxes are designed around the tried and true 7.2v 6 cell sub C NiCad or NiMH battery packs. These are very commonly used in the RC car and truck world. Easy to find and cheap.

You can also use 2-3 cell Lipo batteries (2 cell is safest) of similar overall size (or smaller) to the 6 cell 7.2v mentioned above. You will have to change out the power leads of the battery to either Tamiya or change out the stock Tamiya leads to match your battery leads.

The 6.0 system is rated to just over 12 volts but having run the system extensively on multiple tanks I would not push it past 10 volts if you want it to last any length of time.

Comment

The spare parts will be listed under the Spare Parts tab, same as we do for our other products. Upgrades will be listed under the Upgrades tab as they are added.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Will Motion be carrying the TK6 boards, and IR gear be available as parts? I have 6-7 old Henglong tanks that have the RX18 boards in them that I would like to convert to 6.0 or 6.1.

Keeping on topic though, and after spending the last 6 years trying to scratch build and plasti-engineer an SU-76M I fully realize it may not be possible in a fully functional unit, I would love to see some of the "Open Top" Tank Destroyers like the German Marder series, or Nashorn. Matorro makes the M10 and M36 in all metal versions but all metal strikes me as monetarily and functionally unfeasable for IR battle play...I just like the TDs in general and would like to see more of them.

Comment

Vaseline Welcome to Hobby Squawk! We're completely open to stocking Heng Long's complete lineup of spare parts and upgrades. To begin, we're starting with the core cosmetic and functional parts that may break often or become misplaced. As other spares are either requested by customers or identified by the factory as common replacements or new upgrades, we'll make them available on subsequent shipments.

Regarding the TK6 sets to upgrade older TK MFCBs to the newer TK6 MFCB, Heng Long had not completely finalized the Set the last time I was at the factory, so they are not in our incoming shipments. However, they are at the top of our list for the next batch, after I verify a couple small elements of the Set.

Installing the Set is more than just swapping wires so it's imperative the set is as close to "Drop In" as possible. Some elements however will still require user effort. For example, the old TK5. 3 use PH2.54 Connectors for the motors, but the new TK6 uses bullets for the motors. Users will need to clip and crimp on the new bullet connectors onto their motors.

By the way, I would love to see a Nashorn eventually, too. An animatronic crew would make it even better!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Beautiful thank you. My father and I have been having discussions about this since Motion decided to carry the 1/16 tanks. If it was going to be feasible to actually convert from the much older system, if we were going to have to clip and splice different connectors to fit the new boards etc. Buying a brand-spanky new tank with new 6.0 guts is a fine option in some cases, but Dad for example has a Mato Sturmtiger which from my understanding are a bit hard to come by anymore or I one of the Hooben Elefants which needs a complete set of internals. Its nice to know I wouldnt have to shell out a bunch of cash to go to a Clark board or something, which would also put me in a bind battling with 2 other people getting cranked up about Motion carrying tanks.

Comment

How about a British Mini Tank?

Should be lower cost to produce and less maintenance as an RC vehicle because its on wheels, not tracks.

This might be produce-able as a body kit for some existing 4X4 RC buggy.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                    Beautiful thank you. My father and I have been having discussions about this since Motion decided to carry the 1/16 tanks. If it was going to be feasible to actually convert from the much older system, if we were going to have to clip and splice different connectors to fit the new boards etc. Buying a brand-spanky new tank with new 6.0 guts is a fine option in some cases, but Dad for example has a Mato Sturmtiger which from my understanding are a bit hard to come by anymore or I one of the Hooben Elefants which needs a complete set of internals. Its nice to know I wouldnt have to shell out a bunch of cash to go to a Clark board or something, which would also put me in a bind battling with 2 other people getting cranked up about Motion carrying tanks.
                    I have an older HengLong Jagdpanther, and ordered the newer parts, control/2.4GHZ radio off of Banggood. Was easy enough. With a google, you will find a drawing of what wire goes where (I know because someone posted it for me lol).

Comment

The 1/16 scale JDGF Type 74 by Hachette would be great to see as a complete kit or in RTR.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	4DA2533D-0E5F-4B27-B156-60265748B18D.jpeg
Views:	607
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	227597
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	D85A9284-5F82-4A58-8689-C67EE80F4CAD.png Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	227552

Comment

M1A2 optional parts

Comment

Anything British but to avoid duplication, how about a Centurion, Comet or Matilda? I saw a 1/35 Comet kit years ago in Heng Long's R&D so perhaps that may eventually see the light of day. I know many have grown impatient with the progress on Clark's pending Cromwell but their design work is lightyears ahead of whatever Hooben eventually releases. An earlier subject such as the Mk IV mentioned above is another project Clark is working on & would make an excellent must have for any collector, especially if released as a kit. One could have some fun with that.

Comment

So after reviewing the category, here are the features i will be looking for in my selection.

Barrel Recoil
                            360 Degree Turret
                            Steel Gearbox
                            Barrel Flash and Smoke
                            Metal Drive and Idler Gear
                            Metal Tracks

Ill have another tank to use Airsoft for Target Biathlons

You can do it Alpha!!!

Comment

Tough to get all that for $2-300.00. I've been talking barrel recoil with flash and smoke for years, you have to do it yourself. Take out the jerking track recoil, not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleman3 View Post
                                Tough to get all that for $2-300.00. I've been talking barrel recoil with flash and smoke for years, you have to do it yourself. Take out the jerking track recoil, not realistic.
                                The new 6.0 track recoil with three options is actually rather good and much more realistic then prior systems. By far better then any of the Tamiya track recoils .

Comment

People have been complaining about the jerking for years and while the new 6.0 may be better they have never complained once they install their own barrel recoil with flash and or smoke, Heng Long won't do it to keep their price point and or the fit is not there with some of the units.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleman3 View Post
                                    People have been complaining about the jerking for years and while the new 6.0 may be better they have never complained once they install their own barrel recoil with flash and or smoke, Heng Long won't do it to keep their price point and or the fit is not there with some of the units.
                                    S3, Is there a mod kit or is it a thing you just know how to do? I could probably eventually noodle it, though if it's a 'thing' you do or buy, would like to see a video, if available. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Any idea if Heng Long will be offering their StuG with the 6.0 upgrade? If so, do you foresee carrying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

S3, Is there a mod kit or is it a thing you just know how to do? I could probably eventually noodle it, though if it's a 'thing' you do or buy, would like to see a video, if available. Best, LB
                                        Did the recoil mod with a micro servo on my own Challenger tank but I did not video it. RCuniverse under tanks have some info on that since so many did it, Eric at Taigen tanks was a lot of help as well. Sold my tanks a couple years ago and was waiting for something new from Heng Long. Look on ebay, there is a guy that sells HL tanks with the mod. done. Tucan hobby I believe.

Comment

• Elbee
                                          Elbee commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          S3, Tank you...err, Thank you. Don't own a tank, but we'll see. Like to know what's available beforehand. Best, LB

Originally posted by OKC_Jim View Post
                                        Any idea if Heng Long will be offering their StuG with the 6.0 upgrade? If so, do you foresee carrying it?
                                        Welcome to HobbySquawk OKC_Jim, Heng Long will be making sure all their models get up to speed with the TK6 control board and we definitely plan on carrying their entire lineup eventually. Our first order coming will have the 13 we have listed in 2 variations each (26 total tanks).

Comment

Working...
                                        X