X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red or blue motors

I have seen advice giveing in theese forums dont buy blue motors, should the question be what tank do you have?
    and whats right advice for that person, given that fact that you have a very recent tank that heng long dont suggests the red motors as a hop up they suggest blue motors in mine wich is the hop up i have done. Would you not choose this path choosen by manufacturer perhaps for best result.
    or should go a different way. What do we all think?

It's depend on your tank.Almost modern tank have enough space for red or blue motor.But WW 2 tank have not, only blue can fit.Red has more torque and earn energy too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67_hbvZe1Y

Comment

Have you tried the blue before rdex2 becuse blue is very quick for a modern main battle tank and possibly updated choice for henglong.

Comment

For new tankers, just as with jets and warbirds, I typically recommend trying the stock configuration first before spending money on hop ups. Hop ups can add up quickly!

We'll be growing our list of upgrade components over the next several shipments as feedback grows. I like the red motors for metal tracked tanks that can fit the red motors. But please note that we've found a couple counterfeit red and blue motor manufacturers, so always ensure you're buying from a reputable source. The actual quality and performance can vary widely based on our tests.

Also, we have learned that some systems such as the Ultimate (Heng Long's blue motor and bearing open gearbox combo) will likely be discontinued soon in lieu of a new option.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Two tanks View Post
          Have you tried the blue before rdex2 becuse blue is very quick for a modern main battle tank and possibly updated choice for henglong.
          Have you tried the red motors in the new version 6.0 modern tanks matched with the stock 3:1 steel gearboxes? If you had, you would never go back to blue motors.

HL does not recommend the red 390s for use in their plastic gearboxes or with plastic tracks, but has never said not to use them with their steel gearboxes and in fact offers the red 390 motors paired with their Ultimate steel gearboxes. I have run every combination of 380 and 390 motors offered by HL and Taigen in modern tanks. By far the red 390s especially in combination with the new 6.0 system outperforms the blue 380 motors in all parameters slow,fast,climbing and turns.

The blue 380s are best left to those tanks that do not have the space between their gearboxes to fit the red 390 motors which are only a few.

Comment

Of Course I have try several motor but red motor has more power than blue. Especially run on grass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQGyABllS3Y
            And blue motor test in KV 1 metal track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZv9_TAEtkg

Comment

Comment

Henglong ultimate gear box

Comment

I have Abrahams 6.0 professional version Rubicon

Comment

I have Abrahams 6.0 professional version Rubicon
                    Then do yourself a favor and swap in the red motors. You will never look back again at the blue motors once you do. Every aspect of performance WILL improve and your Abrams will start to become the off road monster it has the potential to be. An example is scale top end speed. Given the same battery you should see at least a 25-30% increase in speed over the blue motors and even more if you bump up the voltage to 8.4 - 9.6. (The 6.0 system is rated up to 12volts)

The Ultimate you are showing is only one of the motor options and as Alpha has pointed out it is being discontinued. It is also a little slower (slightly lower gear ratio) speed wish then the new 6.0 stock gearboxes and it is more noisy because of the bearings. The gears in the new steel 6.0 stock gearboxes are actually stronger then the Ultimates old style black steel gears. The Ultimate gearboxes are about a generation behind and were at that time a worth while investment over the older 5.2/5.3 optional black steel gearboxes in durability. Not so today with the new 6.0 steel.

Comment

Brass pinion as not strong like stainless shaft and 480 motor much more torque than 390 motor.This's my chally 2 gear. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...ucket=4#detail
                      Attached Files

Comment

Rdex2, taobao look's like a good site, the only problem is it doesn't want to translate into English for some reason.

Comment

Will the red390's fit in a KV-1? or StugIII?

Comment

We put Reds in our Leopard & Abrams and they fly. The Leopard has metal tracks and now it will keep up with the M1A1. With the stock motors the M1A1 could out run the Leopard.I do want to fit them in our KV-1 & Stug. I just wondered if anyone has put them in before I buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
                              We put Reds in our Leopard & Abrams and they fly. The Leopard has metal tracks and now it will keep up with the M1A1. With the stock motors the M1A1 could out run the Leopard.I do want to fit them in our KV-1 & Stug. I just wondered if anyone has put them in before I buy.
                              Yes red 390 fit nicely in the KV1, but not so in the Stug. Make sure you are buying real HL Red 390 motors because there are fakes. The fakes are not rated for the same voltage the HL 390 motors are and will overheat if you use batteries that put out more then 7.5 volts. Which means all 2 cell Lipos and Li ion 7.4 packs as these peak at ~8.4 volts output.

390 motors in KV1. Note these are fakes sold as the real thing. They overheated and burned up on their first run with an 8.4 volt battery.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	FFA3BDE9-E448-4B13-8AFB-9D72C2D66AA1.jpeg
Views:	2124
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	266315

Comment

Here is a pic of the Reds I bought. How do you tell if there are correct or not.

Nevermind, I don't know what the hell a "URL" is. It just won't let me copy and paste.

Sorry
                                Attached Files

Comment

I guess it did upload, WTF?

Comment

Thank you 99 for sending the pic of your KV-1 with the "Reds". It does look like they fir nicely. I apologize for my lack of patience.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
                                      Here is a pic of the Reds I bought. How do you tell if there are correct or not.

Nevermind, I don't know what the hell a "URL" is. It just won't let me copy and paste.

Sorry
                                      Those appear to be the wrong color red. HL motors are usually a bright red those are a darker red similar to what the fakes tend to be. Another way to tell is if the small internal cooling fans are whiteish in colored. HL uses dark colored fans. Well at least all my do anyways.

I posted a short thread about this topic not long ago so it might help to take a look at it.

Here is one of the fake cooling fans that I am running in a lower powered set up. The fan is dirty but you can see it is light in color. Also is a photo of some fake fans that melted in less then 15min of running.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B4E5A975-FA2C-45C9-9A90-542554DAEFDB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	266337

Click image for larger version  Name:	1DD7029B-313B-42DE-B2BA-C9E4AAC47744.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	266338

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, you are RIGHT!! I have knock offs Red 390 motors darnit. I put these nasty things in both my Leopard and M1A1. I haven't run at speed too much since we just put them in last weekend. I have anther pair so that is why the KV-1 & Stug question.

Now where do we buy the real deal. I didn't see any on the Motion RC site and they appear to be out of EVERYTHING anyway. I assume we go to a legit dealer like Forgebear or IMEX etc. Thank you so much for your insight and help. We're are fairly new at the tank game and we are just starting to do upgrades like motor swaps, 360 turret rotations and we have even added a targeting laser to one of our tanks. We are pretty much alone in Utah and haven't been able to locate or hookup with any clubs. So...we have stayed with Heng Long and resisted buying some of the higher end tanks to purschase and picking up more H/L's and hopping them up because we only play among ourselves. Between our family and grandsons we have 13 Heng Long tanks. We bought the first five from Motion and the rest from Ebay.

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm going to $1200 bucks on the new fancy models Motion is starting to bring in. Frankly I feel kind bad being all excited about our awesome $200 - $300 dollar units (which is alot of money to me) and then have RCMotion starting to bring in $1000 tanks just because they can't get anything anymore. Did we waste our hard earned money on cheap crap? Sorry for the rank but I'm old and tired.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it very much.

Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                                        X