Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it’s time to refocus this thread, since arrival of Tongde tanks is no longer a rumor! There are existing threads for all of their tanks, M60’s, Centurion & M2 Bradley. Now we can drool over anticipated Churchill, M24 Chaffee & M109 Paladin AFV’s.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Churchill’s production is progressing again, post CNY.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	398993

Comment

• DKLM has received and dispatched the first batch of Churchills. When mine arrives, I'll start a new thread for it.

Comment

• Face to a name...

Carson of DKLM RC has been an invaluable resource to our hobby. He's produced many 3DP products, and recently has supported Tongde's entry into RC tanks. Here he is on the right with the boss of Tongde:

Name:	432764203_936355551825866_4281250174414588942_n.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	399377
          (Picture taken from his FB page with his permission.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
            Face to a name...

Carson of DKLM RC has been an invaluable resource to our hobby. He's produced many 3DP products, and recently has supported Tongde's entry into RC tanks. Here he is on the right with the boss of Tongde:

Click image for larger version  Name:	432764203_936355551825866_4281250174414588942_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.1 KB ID:	399377
            Can you ask Carson of DKLM whether it is possible for him to market a sprocket for the TD M60 tank to allow use of Heng Long compatible aftermarket tracks on the TD tank?

Most of us are familiar with the stretching problem of Heng Long plastic track over time. The simple solution is to upgrade to aftermarket metal track. @Rubicon99 had say that the Tongde plastic track is more durable than HL plastic track and runs better than TD metal track. When I weight the TD plastic track vs. the Tamiya nylon track, the difference is obvious to Tamiya's favor.

My wish is a 3D printed sprocket with HL Leo2 width and diameter, and TD motor shaft socket. It will allow a drop in upgrade using the TD metal gearbox. Alternative, a replacement motor drive axle fot the TD metal gearbox that extends 22mm longer will allow use of the HL Leo2 sprocket directly. I believe such options will greatly enhance the appeal of the TD product to increase sales.​

Comment

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
              Can you ask Carson of DKLM whether it is possible for him to market a sprocket for the TD M60 tank to allow use of Heng Long compatible aftermarket tracks on the TD tank?

Most of us are familiar with the stretching problem of Heng Long plastic track over time. The simple solution is to upgrade to aftermarket metal track. @Rubicon99 had say that the Tongde plastic track is more durable than HL plastic track and runs better than TD metal track. When I weight the TD plastic track vs. the Tamiya nylon track, the difference is obvious to Tamiya's favor.

My wish is a 3D printed sprocket with HL Leo2 width and diameter, and TD motor shaft socket. It will allow a drop in upgrade using the TD metal gearbox. Alternative, a replacement motor drive axle fot the TD metal gearbox that extends 22mm longer will allow use of the HL Leo2 sprocket directly. I believe such options will greatly enhance the appeal of the TD product to increase sales.​
              Why Leopard 2 sprockets? You know you can run the Leopard tracks on Abrams sprockets and the Abrams sprockets are more correct looking for the M60 then Leopard sprockets.

Abrams tracks and Leopard 2 tracks are interchangeable between the both types of sprockets.

Comment

Face to a name...

Name:	432764203_936355551825866_4281250174414588942_n.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	399377
                I really love that Nashorn on the shelves at our right. However, its price is beyond my reach :*(

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                  Why Leopard 2 sprockets? You know you can run the Leopard tracks on Abrams sprockets and the Abrams sprockets are more correct looking for the M60 then Leopard sprockets.

Abrams tracks and Leopard 2 tracks are interchangeable between the both types of sprockets.
                  I have a HL Leo2. I took down its sprocket for the test fitting. I do not have an Abrams in 1/16 scale. When I figure out a way to use a HL sprocket on the TD M60, I will order the Abrams sprocket for sure.

Comment

I have a HL Leo2. I took down its sprocket for the test fitting. I do not have an Abrams in 1/16 scale. When I figure out a way to use a HL sprocket on the TD M60, I will order the Abrams sprocket for sure.
                    Just keep in mine booth sprocket types have very different backspacing and will need different size shafts.

Comment

Just keep in mine booth sprocket types have very different backspacing and will need different size shafts.
                      You did the pioneering work. I benefit a lot from observing what you did. I have an idea for extending the TD metal gearbox's motor axle. Let me know what you think before I go down another rabbit hole for the third time.

The TD gearbox has the same motor axle diameter as the HL at 7.85mm. I have some 8mm ID thin wall brass tube on my workbench. The brass tube is a good loose fit over the motor axle without excessive play. I can get a 23mm piece of motor axle from a 49mm HL plastic gearbox. (I have many HL plastic gearbox from several metal upgrade.) I will silver solder a piece of brass tube to the extension motor axle and slip it over the TD motor axle. If it runs without excessive wobbling, I will do the final soldering to make a single piece. Soldering the brass tube and the motor axle may be difficult due to the axle's mass. The small gap between them may help.

Comment

You did the pioneering work. I benefit a lot from observing what you did. I have an idea for extending the TD metal gearbox's motor axle. Let me know what you think before I go down another rabbit hole for the third time.

The TD gearbox has the same motor axle diameter as the HL at 7.85mm. I have some 8mm ID thin wall brass tube on my workbench. The brass tube is a good loose fit over the motor axle without excessive play. I can get a 21.5mm piece of motor axle from a 49mm HL plastic gearbox. (I have many HL plastic gearbox from several metal upgrade.) I will silver solder a piece of brass tube to the extension motor axle and slip it over the TD motor axle. If it runs without excessive wobbling, I will do the final soldering to make a single piece. Soldering the brass tube and the motor axle may be difficult due to the axle's mass. The small gap between them may help.
                        So you are making a shaft extension piece. Sounds workable👍👍

Comment

So you are making a shaft extension piece. Sounds workable👍👍
                          The devil is in the details. Can I keep the joint piece straight enough to not to wobble? Will it have enough structural integrity to last under stress? The HL motor axle is made of hardened steel. I will have to cut off the stab on the gear end before I can use it. I hate cutting steel with a 'Dremel tool.

Comment

• FYI all tracks stretch. Tamiya track stretches, all metal track stretches just like plastic. I’ve had taigen Sherman all metal track stretch over time to where I had to remove a link.
                            RC tank parts and accessories I make
                            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Post deleted and reposted to TD upgrade thread.
                              I want to replace the TD plastic tracks on the Tongde M60A1 with a pair of Tamiya Leopard 2A6 original tracks. Test fitting shows that it should work very well. The Tamiya Leopard 2A6 original tracks are 6 links too long for the M60. I tried a few tricks but the Tamiya track pin refused to come out. I have done similar

Comment

• Future releases, guys? Maybe another thread about the merits of tracks and sprockets…..

Comment

• A while back DKLM and Tongde asked what should be made after the tanks already in development. Someone mentioned the IS-3 as a possibility. It would be excellent! Relatively easy to design in 1/16 scale, simple enough running gear for the factory to design, and a great addition to late war and post war stables. A great companion to Pershings and Pattons. If you agree, go to DKLM and Tongde's FB page and cast your vote.

Click image for larger version  Name:	is-3-is-3-tank-vystrel-ruiny.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.8 KB ID:	399530

Comment

• This was captured from his FB post. There's also a video on his thread. Something to keep an eye out for:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 075508.png
Views:	109
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	400981

Comment

• Some enlargements, also from FB:

Name:	434974855_408567828597914_3627646396372182112_n (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	400985 Click image for larger version

Name:	437365977_408567805264583_8732323580610217002_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	400986 Click image for larger version

Name:	437369798_408567901931240_7123271141466493406_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	400984 Click image for larger version

Name:	434873083_408567845264579_2060315804014198465_n.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	400983

Comment

This was captured from his FB post. There's also a video on his thread. Something to keep an eye out for:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 075508.png
Views:	109
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	400981
                                        The Stuart is a very small tank. Did Coolbank develop that in 1/6 scale?

Comment

• 1/16

Comment

Working...
                                          X