X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
    The Stuart is a very small tank. Did Coolbank develop that in 1/6 scale?

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    1/16
    Wow, a 1/16 scale Stuart RC tank will be barely 12" long and 6.5" wide. I am very interested in seeing how Coolbank fits the gearbox, MFU receiver, speaker and battery in this tiny chassis. It takes some excellent engineering to do the layout. At 16.75 tons, the M5 Stuart tank can run pretty fast at 35 mph.

Comment

• Keilau, go back through this thread for a lot more info. Check post 79 for a rendering. There are also photos and a video of the prototype.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        Keilau, go back through this thread for a lot more info. Check post 79 for a rendering. There are also photos and a video of the prototype.
        There was no information on the components and layout about the Coolbank Stuart..

A few years ago, someone at RC Tank Warfare converted a 1/16 static Stuart tank model into RC using standard parts. I admired the job he did and his determination. It is not easy.
        https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30499&sid=e848c82230122502a170eed2 5140c957
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	495.1 KB ID:	401037Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	237
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	401039​​

Comment

• I guess you’ll have to contact Coolbank directly to see how he did it. I’m not a spokesman for him, just relaying information he has supplied, for the benefit of those who don’t use Facebook.

Comment

I guess you’ll have to contact Coolbank directly to see how he did it. I’m not a spokesman for him, just relaying information he has supplied, for the benefit of those who don’t use Facebook.
            No big hurry. I will wait for the official review of the Coolbank Stuart RC tank.

Comment

• It's on my list to buy if and when it's released. Any detail issues can probably be fixed with a Classy Hobby kit *if* it's not overscale like the Bradley.

Comment

• I'll be interested whether it can be configured for IR battling. I know Rich Johnson did it with his custom M5.

Comment

• I wonder if its within scale. Where the bradley was just huge by comparison to the abrams and M60 series tanks, If the M5 is out of scale and bigger it just wont look right.
                  they are a very small tank.
                  Mine is a Classy hobby kit that I made RC. Its quite accurate and true to scale. Lets hope Coolbank got his scale correct.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG6144.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.6 KB ID:	401128 Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG6142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.7 KB ID:	401129
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Heng Long is "hinting" at a release of a new Sherman. It is supposed to be an M4EZ8 modeled after the one used in the movie FURY. They are saying it will be announced at an up coming trade show in China.

Click image for larger version  Name:	57AF8478-097E-4FB9-BB45-CCA0D7BB27ED.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	401528
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	37CDF852-7B94-407E-BC3B-ECEEF3E341FB.png
Views:	183
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	401529

Comment

• Excellent news if it pans out. I wonder if they will articulate the suspension.

Comment

• Screen capture, no further info, just what you see:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-17 113957.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	401593

Comment

• Is that the Torro catalog?

Comment

• Oh. Yeah, I thought it was labeled. The good thing is that domestic retailers carry Torro stuff.

Comment

Excellent news if it pans out. I wonder if they will articulate the suspension.
                              Agreed. Now I'd be interested in a Shermy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                Heng Long is "hinting" at a release of a new Sherman. It is supposed to be an M4EZ8 modeled after the one used in the movie FURY. They are saying it will be announced at an up coming trade show in China.
                                Heng Long did a very good job on the WW2 Sherman with such a small chassis in 1/16 scale. I am very interested in knowing what they can do to make the suspension of the RC Easy8 better.

I was able to upgrade the gearbox to the all ball bearing Heng Xin and a pair of Tamiya 380. It runs very well with the very heavy Mato T-74 metal track with duckbill, but the suspension is untouched.

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	401625 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5210.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	401626
                                I will get the Easy8 for sure if it gets an improved suspension.

Comment

Screen capture, no further info, just what you see:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-17 113957.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	401593
                                  Yeah that was on here a month ago, can't with till ots finally released so I can throw some 28cm rocket cages on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post

Yeah that was on here a month ago, can't with till ots finally released so I can throw some 28cm rocket cages on it.
                                    They even have a kit for those rockets in 1/16th scale already as they were made to go on the Das Werks and Trumpeter static kits.

Comment

• Hobby Expo China 2024 in Beijing is going on April 19-21. I found the Heng Long and Coolbank Wang booths but didn't see any new products. Here is the front page of the show:

Be aware it's not https, so make sure your protection software is working. I didn't have any problems though. There are a lot of exhibitors listed, so if you're adventurous, do some browsing.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-20 190253.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	401830

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-20 190750.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	401831

Comment

• Were there any presence of the Tongde RTR tanks? Does Cool Bank Model introduce a new manufacturer partner?

Comment

• I’m told by my contact that the big deal with HLs poster was they brought a real EZ8 in for display but didn’t make any new tank announcement​​​​​.
                                          RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                                          X