X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
    I’m told by my contact that the big deal with HLs poster was they brought a real EZ8 in for display but didn’t make any new tank announcement​​​​​.
    Yeah I spoke with Carson from DKLM he attended the show and said that Heng long has no plans to produce an E8 for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• There is always my EZ8 kit for henglong Sherman’s. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240303_154817981.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	401965
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
        There is always my EZ8 kit for henglong Sherman’s. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240303_154817981.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	401965
        If I ever get a Sherman this is the first thing I’m getting for it.

Comment

• When I eventually build my Andy's Hobby Sherman I'll need an RC HVSS suspension for it.

Comment

• Speaking of rumors (this is the correct thread for this) Tongde is reportedly developing an M24 Chaffee light tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chaffeeee-1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	402712

It's a small tank, 16'9" versus a Panzer III at 18'3". That would pose some challenges to fit everything in. Hopefully they won't make it over scale like the Bradley. Anyway, I wasn't really enthused about it as a subject, "ho hum, olive green". But a little browsing yielded this!

Name:	large_FOV-801002BPhotosFront300dpi.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	402713

Now this is worth painting!

Name:	large_FOV-801002BPhotosDetails1300dpi.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	402714 Click image for larger version

Name:	FSM WB1114_AFVClub_Chaffee_01.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	402715

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• No Chaffee for all this time and now you can 3D print one and maybe order an RTR. I guess our hobby is growing.

Comment

• No affiliation, blah, blah, blah, but it seems like Banggood has the M5A1 on preorder right now. It doesn't say preorder until you put it in your cart and try to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                  No affiliation, blah, blah, blah, but it seems like Banggood has the M5A1 on preorder right now. It doesn't say preorder until you put it in your cart and try to pay.

https://www.banggood.com/COOLBANK-1-or-16-M5A1-2_4G-RC-Battle-Tank-Smoke-Sound-Recoil-Shooting-Simulated-Vehicles-Models-RTR-Toys-p-2013149.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=6291376&rmmds=sea rch
                  Very interesting. The website states estimated availability before May 12, free delivery sometime in June. It's actually an extensive webpage with many details. Worth a try, maybe. Anybody have good/bad experiences with Banggood?

Screen captures: Any math whizzes out there to calculate if this is near 1/16 scale?

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-03 155603.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	402740

Here's what's included (presumably).

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-03 155729.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	402741

Comment

• I will compare to my classy hobby 1/16 kit that I RC’d.

I will say this, that picture shows the tank sitting way too high on its bogies, the bottom of the hull is nearly at the top of the wheels. It looks very obtuse. Scroll back a page and look at my model i posted. The Coolbank m5 is sitting wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Very interesting. The website states estimated availability before May 12, free delivery sometime in June. It's actually an extensive webpage with many details. Worth a try, maybe. Anybody have good/bad experiences with Banggood?

Screen captures: Any math whizzes out there to calculate if this is near 1/16 scale?
                      Banggood is a legit site. I've ordered from them before.

Comment

No affiliation, blah, blah, blah, but it seems like Banggood has the M5A1 on preorder right now. It doesn't say preorder until you put it in your cart and try to pay.

https://www.banggood.com/COOLBANK-1-...6&rmmds=search
                        At under $130 with free shipping, it is a very attractive deal. BangGood is one of the early internet seller who established US inventory of their items. However, the listing seems to indicate that the shipping is from China. It could be a mistake and the total price is much higher..

BoolBand Wang seemed to have find a partner in Taiwan to make the tank. But there is no detail except the factory is in the Chenghai Industry zone. Competition is good. Besides, Taiwan manufacturer usually has much better quality control.

Comment

• Banggood's own site says anything over $49 ships free. I ordered one so I guess we will see.

Comment

• Me too.

Comment

Banggood's own site says anything over $49 ships free. I ordered one so I guess we will see.
                              For sometime, BangGood was very low on RC hobby good. Now they seem to be restocked on CoolBank and HengLong RC tanks with shipping built into the RC tank price. Estimated shipping time is 2 months. Toucan US store is much cheaper and faster. I eagerly wait to see your assessment of the Stuart.

https://www.banggood.com/CoolBank-Model-US-M60A3-1-or-16-2_4G-RC-Tank-Battle-w-or-Lighting-Smoking-Sound-Shoot-Balls-Off-Road-Vehicles-Toys-p-1977558.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts&cur_warehouse=CN&trace_id=527d17148284 12515

Comment

• Classy hobby 1/16 Stewart

Name:	IMG_20240504_125140432.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	402803 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240504_125153625.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	402802 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240504_125317372_HDR.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	402801 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240504_125216058.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	402804 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240504_125248413.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	402805

Comment

• Size looks pretty close. I think the Coolbank length includes the hedge cutters.

Currently the estimated ship time is May 23. Seems to be slipping a bit, but hey, it'll be here when it is.

Comment

Working...
                                  X