X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyclone 7 View Post
    When all is said and done, never try to market an end product still in the making.

Simple as that.
    But it ISN'T that simple when you are a "small" business and you have to factor in international politics. If up to a specific point, your suppliers deliver on-time, as expected, you build your marketing model based on this. But when dealing with international politics, it can suddenly turn into a grey area. And being a small business, they don't have the buffer that larger companies do who could theoretically go to another supplier,
    because they've just put the level of capital for a certain product in that one place. Just look at what's happening in your own country with BREXIT Cyclone. I'm sure that the UK is having similar "problems" with EU trading partners.

Comment

Look my point is can we just stop arguing Cyclone, your going to get banned. I understand you are upset that you don't have your helicopter yet but this is no reason to make a fuss.

Comment

That just has to be the most inept and uninformative response, ever.

Consider me to be yet another 'lost customer' .
        You just don't get it, do you. They can't tell the full truth, because it may be held against them, and the Chinese have them over a barrel because the have no practical recourse in the matter. And I work in retail and can't tell you how many customers swore they'd never shop at the store I work at again, but are back next week complaining about something else. So you go along your way, more stuff for the rest of us when the kinks get ironed out.

Comment

Living in a free-market society, we forget who the MRC folks are dealing with. Despite the capitalist veneer, China is still a Communist country. The company that's building RC helicopters today could be ordered to start making surveillance drones for the government tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

You just don't get it, do you. They can't tell the full truth, because it may be held against them, and the Chinese have them over a barrel because the have no practical recourse in the matter. And I work in retail and can't tell you how many customers swore they'd never shop at the store I work at again, but are back next week complaining about something else. So you go along your way, more stuff for the rest of us when the kinks get ironed out.
            Goodbye and believe what you will - will not be contributing further.

Comment

Goodbye and believe what you will - will not be contributing further.
              I guess he doesn't realize how lucky he is. There are online shops in the UK and Europe that have several planes I would like to purchase, and they either don't respond to my inquiries, or I get a "sorry, we don't ship to the US". Well I guess Cyclone can go to those folks or roll the dice with Chinese web sites in stead of letting MRC and other US companies take the risk for him.

Comment

Well MRC isn't perfect. But they might just be the best RC company out there. I don't see the need to go and get all ruffled over the 450's not being here. Plenty other stuff to fly and enjoy. Heck back in the day, we had to build our own stuff......from a shoebox of parts (the old Miniature Aircraft, Hirobo, and Kyosho days)
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Wow, this page took a turn! If it were not for the links on this forum I never would have known these were in the works. There has been no big marketing push for these that I have seen. They are simply listed as 'Coming Soon" on their website. Had someone put together a huge campaign a year ago promising release dates that weren't met then yes, lets complain. Nothing solid has been promised or set in stone. I am just as eager as the next guy for the release but I'm not going to talk smack about the company because we are not getting the updates we are somehow "Entitled" to. Lot's more I want to say but I will keep it respectful.

MRC is 100% on top of what they are developing, testing, advertising, and releasing IMO. We are in no way entitled to know of every setback in supply, development, etc. MRC would not have the following and enthusiasm from the RC community if they didn't know how to market their products. Just because we are not getting daily or even weekly updates does not mean we have been forgotten.

Good things come to those who wait. Great things come to those who wait patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                    Wow, this page took a turn! If it were not for the links on this forum I never would have known these were in the works. There has been no big marketing push for these that I have seen. They are simply listed as 'Coming Soon" on their website. Had someone put together a huge campaign a year ago promising release dates that weren't met then yes, lets complain. Nothing solid has been promised or set in stone. I am just as eager as the next guy for the release but I'm not going to talk smack about the company because we are not getting the updates we are somehow "Entitled" to. Lot's more I want to say but I will keep it respectful.

MRC is 100% on top of what they are developing, testing, advertising, and releasing IMO. We are in no way entitled to know of every setback in supply, development, etc. MRC would not have the following and enthusiasm from the RC community if they didn't know how to market their products. Just because we are not getting daily or even weekly updates does not mean we have been forgotten.

Good things come to those who wait. Great things come to those who wait patiently.
                    Well Said Sir!!! we are very lucky to have these products....Such a a great time to be in the hobby!! Behind Motion all the way!!!!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      I can't say much publicly for a variety of reasons, Valkpilot, but you're sniffing up the right tree, my friend, in terms of "X, Y, Z".
                      Thanks for the update. Please know that for every squeaky wheel on this forum, there are many more of us out here who are silent, patient and happy that you guys are working hard in the background to make all these cool new toys available.

IMHO: Please take your time and get it right the first time.

Thanks again from Monroe, Utah
                      Jeff Roberson

p.s. Hopefully, you're also working on getting another big shipment of micro-helis from XK - the K110 and K123 are the best micro helis ever!

Comment

As an anxious customer myself, I will admit I have been really disappointed with this whole thing. Having read this forum from beginning to end, I have a better understanding of what MRC is up against and can't said anything bad about them. My experience with MRC has been nothing but positive. They back up their products and provide top notch service. Can't ask for more. Yes it stinks that we may have to accept that this may or may not happen but that's life. I just wish we didn't have to rely on China or other countries and that everything was made directly in our own countries. But this is the reality of our beloved hobby. I have to agree with a previous post that said most of what is out there is the 'blinged' up 3d and is way overpriced. Would much rather have these realistic looking scale models without the hassel of full assembly. For now, we can only hope these will surface in the near future.

Comment

OK, so I just had a chat with someone from MRC support online about this. He said the reason for the holdup on these is they would not all perform the same so they have been held back until the new parts arrive for the factory to do an upgrade. They just want the customer to get a good product. He says they will eventually become available but no ETA at this time. To buy something else now or not to buy....that is the question. lol

Comment

I'm good waiting. This would be another repaint and possible custom 3DP anyway so I can be patient. Especially knowing they are working to get it right. But if it isn't going to work out then so be it. Lots of things behind the scenes we have no clue about.

Comment

We jumped the gun on the announcement aspect and have learned our lesson. We thought the product was further along but it wasn't until after the announcement unfortunately that it was discovered revisions were necessary. One of many things you can count on with us is that we will refuse to sell a product that we stand behind until it is 100% ready to be stood behind. So while there has been disappointment in the wait due to what could be considered a premature announcement, getting it right and ready for our customers will be worth the wait in the long run.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                We jumped the gun on the announcement aspect and have learned our lesson. We thought the product was further along but it wasn't until after the announcement unfortunately that it was discovered revisions were necessary. One of many things you can count on with us is that we will refuse to sell a product that we stand behind until it is 100% ready to be stood behind. So while there has been disappointment in the wait due to what could be considered a premature announcement, getting it right and ready for our customers will be worth the wait in the long run.
                                Will the final version come as PNP, or will it still need a $175 flite controller?

Comment

Unfortunately I can't answer that. Alpha/Mark or Tom would be able to.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Unfortunately I can't answer that. Alpha/Mark or Tom would be able to.
                                    That's alright I have many other projects to keep me occupied until the issues get worked out. Keep us informed with updates when/if possible. :Cool:

Comment

Absolutely! When I hear something I will post it.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Absolutely! When I hear something I will post it.
                                        You da man! :)

Comment

I can't imagine that even if there was not an FBL controller included we would be limited to one specific controller. There are cheaper options out there. But for this to be a true PNP, you would almost have to include one. Align has super combo kits like the Trex 470LP that includes the microbeast Plus FBL for about 350.00 if you find the 'distributor's' coupon. 2 big differences are you have to assemble from the ground up, and it's not a scale model like these. Nonetheless I think including a decent FBL should be feasible. I was ready to upgrade my blade 230s to a Blade 360cfx but I think I might just hold off for these afterall. (besides, since I already have the 470 and I'm more into the scale flying idea, no point in having two 3d birds) Can hardly wait! And depending on how much money I can save up by the time this happens, I might just indulge in two of these. Hardest part will be which ones. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X