Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will probably find what you are looking for here - I have never known them to be out of stock of any part and their service is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      ... The mechanics are all Trex 450SE clones. ...
      No, the mechanics inside the Rotorscale 450s are all Tarot 450 Sport V1 (except for the FBL head which is a tall version unique to the RS450).

The RS450/SportV1 main shaft total length is 116 mm and the hole-to-hole length is 107 mm.

If MotionRC is out of stock you can order them from the slowish boat Tarot vendors:
      Tarot 450 Main Shaft tl1011-1 from Tarot-RC or
      6x 450 Main Shaft Compatible with T-rex Trex 450, 450 (RHS1011X2) from GoGoRC (the faster of the two).

I know that these links are good because I have ordered from both (I now have a large stockpile of main, tail and feathering shafts and tail rotor hubs as well as main and tail blades).

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
        No, the mechanics inside the Rotorscale 450s are all Tarot 450 Sport V1 (except for the FBL head which is a tall version unique to the RS450).

The RS450/SportV1 main shaft total length is 116 mm and the hole-to-hole length is 107 mm.
        Saved the links, thanks. 450SE = Sport Edition V1, so I think we are saying the same thing for the version.

Comment

... 450SE = Sport Edition V1, so I think we are saying the same thing for the version.
          No, wrong again. The "SE" and "SE V2" both pre-date the Sport, Pro and Sport V2 editions.

See: History of the Align T-Rex 450

The Rotorscale 450s use the Sport (first version circa Feb 2010) mechanics - with an updated FBL head. You can see the (SuperCombo) manual for the Sport V1 == RS450 here:
          KX015076.pdf

Comment

• Thanks for the link, didn’t even know that version existed.

Comment

• How is this Heli? I have flown a Blade 230s and this looks really cool! Is it a kit or do you just need a receiver or what? I'm relatively new to the Heli scene so any advice with this is appreciated.

Comment

• Got a few flights in today on the 450 Huey, and it flies quite nicely. I’m running a Microbeast and found it quite easy to setup and get it flying well. When you are assembling your aircraft, I recommend removing the mechanics and inspecting the tail pushrod. Mine was binding and needed some modifications and lubrication to move smoothly. Later this weekend I’ll post a thread detailing the microbeast setup and my setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bush1 View Post
                  How is this Heli? I have flown a Blade 230s and this looks really cool! Is it a kit or do you just need a receiver or what? I'm relatively new to the Heli scene so any advice with this is appreciated.
                  Just saw your post, sorry it’s a few months late. It will need a receiver and battery, but everything else is included. It included the mechanics, motor, ESC, servos, and a microbeast FBL controller.

Comment

• Let’s go. Just got mine ordered. Got a back in-stock email, they actually work. The new ones come now with beastx and other upgraded internals as stated.
                    cant wait to get this bird in the air.

just put a talon 35 in my MD500 and set it up for 1800rpms. Did a test flight tonight and love it.
                    my heli collection is growing now.

I plan on eventually getting a 600 UH-60 this year. That will be my 9th scale when I get it.

gravy

Comment

Got a few flights in today on the 450 Huey, and it flies quite nicely. I’m running a Microbeast and found it quite easy to setup and get it flying well. When you are assembling your aircraft, I recommend removing the mechanics and inspecting the tail pushrod. Mine was binding and needed some modifications and lubrication to move smoothly. Later this weekend I’ll post a thread detailing the microbeast setup and my setting.
                      Looking forward to your MicroBeast setup information. I hope to have a UH1 flying next week using a Spirit flight controller. However, I am considering getting an AS350 with the Microbeast.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

Looking forward to your MicroBeast setup information. I hope to have a UH1 flying next week using a Spirit flight controller. However, I am considering getting an AS350 with the Microbeast.

Danny
                        I started working on a setup thread. It is by no means complete yet, but I plan on adding more throughout the week: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...-450-uh-1-huey

Comment

• Ordered!

Comment

• Got mine today. Besides the scuff marks and paint crack/chipping on the canopy. It looks good.
                            Color is definitely different than the listing, it’s more brown than green. The main shaft was very tight. After checking it all out I got it loosened up by loosening the motor and bearing blocks. I then did the thin paper between the pinion and drive gear then lock down the motor. After that I locked down the bearing blocks again.
                            My plans are to do a video of the microbeast install from start to hover tomorrow. I’ll post it when I’m done and edit it all together.

I opened a ticket on the canopy and waiting to hear back from Motion.

gravy

Comment

• Now I’m really confused. Just got an email from Motion that the ESC it came with is not rated for 6s, but rather 4S. However the ESC I got is definitely rated for 6s like the first rotoscale I bought last year.

So is the motor a 1800kv or is I high KV? I can’t see what it is because it’s to close the the fuse.
                              Also did I not get the upgraded ESC?

gravy

Comment

• I've always flown 4S 1500 90c in mine.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I’ve used a 6S 1100 in mine without any issues. May have to try a 4S one of these days. It would definitely be nice to drop the headspeed a bit.

Comment

• The latest generation Hobbywing Platinum Pro 40A ESCs (V4) are indeed only rated for 4S (if that is the version the new ones are actually shipping with). The earlier HW40A ESC version (as shipped with the original RotorScales) was rated for 6S.

Running the original RotorScale 450 heli on 4S is not a particularly good option as it only gets you 2000 RPM @ 95% power with stock configuration at the end of the pack (13T pinion, 150T main gear, 1800kV motor and 3.7V per cell). You can check this math using my simple headspeed calculator. This original configuration runs around 3000 RPM on 6S - which is what you want with a 325 mm 450 - especially with the extra weight.

Personally, I think Motion should ship out the new RotorScale 450s with a ZTW Mantis 45A ESC which handles 6S and has a governor function and a 5A BEC. Motion carries these and currently has them in stock at a reasonable price - under $30.

Comment

• I run 4s on my 5 blade MD500e but for a 2 blade I would think 2300-2500 would be ideal. 2800-3200 if 3D flying. 4s is going to max out right about 1900 with this setup on 6s max is about 3000. This all of corse keeping 25% head room.

I did fly my A-109 on the recommended 6s-1100 pack. That’s what I was hoping to use on this.

looks like I should be ok. Mine appears to have come with the old power system 1800kv and 40A 6s ESC

gravy

Comment

• That's how mine was setup as well with the old power system. Got in a few flights this afternoon with the Huey and it handled very well. I would still like to see a better tail servo, as there was still some small tail wag that I couldn't tune out. It really didn't effect the flight though, and it was very stable. There are a few changes from the old version including a better paint color (closer to Olive Drab) and shorter skids that appear more scale.

Comment

• If you want a good skid arch bar replacement you can use a 3/16 brake line section, I like the ones with the green finish like O'Reilly's carries.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X