• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks
    Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
      Here’s a pic of the ESC that came with my Huey. It says 4S. Also, the website said The microbeast was preinstalled and when it arrived, it wasn’t there. I also saw the price on the website decrease and the description change which made me annoyed. Then I got another email saying the microbeast had shipped with a credit on my account. So there are issues going on. Not even sure if I have the updated components inside per the item description. Got the email regarding the battery and created a ticket. Haven’t heard back.
      That's not what I got on my UH-1 i got the older Blue 6s one. What KV is your Motor? I sure hope it's more than 1800. I had to remove my motor bolts and the four screws holding the motor mount in place as-well the four screws holding the frame to the fuselage just to get the motor so I could see the KV.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post

That's not what I got on my UH-1 i got the older Blue 6s one. What KV is your Motor? I sure hope it's more than 1800. I had to remove my motor bolts and the four screws holding the motor mount in place as-well the four screws holding the frame to the fuselage just to get the motor so I could see the KV.

Gravy
        Its the motor listed in the specs. 450L-1800kV Brushless Motor. I removed the 4 bolts from the bottom and slid a thin mirror under the frame to look.

Comment

Its the motor listed in the specs. 450L-1800kV Brushless Motor. I removed the 4 bolts from the bottom and slid a thin mirror under the frame to look.
          IMO You might want to contact motion about that. Not sure if that is going to work. That put the head speed at 2400rpms with only 10% headroom. When I flew mine at almost the same rpms 60% throttle in 6s I had LTE really bad.

To go 4s it should have a much higher KV. I’ll be curious to hear your flight results.

gravy

Comment

IMO You might want to contact motion about that. Not sure if that is going to work. That put the head speed at 2400rpms with only 10% headroom. When I flew mine at almost the same rpms 60% throttle in 6s I had LTE really bad.

To go 4s it should have a much higher KV. I’ll be curious to hear your flight results.

gravy
            I'll let you know. FBL unit just came in today. Need to take the fuselage off to go over things b/c like others have mentioned, rotation is tight.

Comment

That’s the stuff I used for the mod. For 4S, you might at least be able to go to a higher tooth count pinion. That would buy a bit more headspeed. Haven’t had the chance to try mine on 4S yet, but it’s on the list at some point.

Comment

• The manual for these helicopters said they were test flown at the factory. Is that true?

Comment

The manual for these helicopters said they were test flown at the factory. Is that true?
                  The first batches were, but I don't believe that is true for the latest version. They were originally supposed to include an open source quad control board, but that plan ended up being cancelled due to issues with said controller. The factory still does the basic setup (centering servos, adjust linkages, balancing blades, ect) but I don't believe they are test flown any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

That’s the stuff I used for the mod. For 4S, you might at least be able to go to a higher tooth count pinion. That would buy a bit more headspeed. Haven’t had the chance to try mine on 4S yet, but it’s on the list at some point.
                    got the 504 pack today. Looks like the only difference is it 48” instead of 30”. So I’ll start on that if all goes good this weekend.

thanks again for the heads up.

gravy

Comment

• God luck on your UH-1 guys.
                      Gravy out.

Comment

• Had the chance to take up the Huey on a 4S 2200 this afternoon and it flew great! Bumped up my throttle curve a bit and had no LTE issues. Even tried down some pretty fast sideward flight in both directions without any blow outs. I think most of the LTE issues came from the high pushrod friction.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                          Had the chance to take up the Huey on a 4S 2200 this afternoon and it flew great! Bumped up my throttle curve a bit and had no LTE issues. Even tried down some pretty fast sideward flight in both directions without any blow outs. I think most of the LTE issues came from the high pushrod friction.
                          That is great to hear. Obviously the 4s 2200 fit ok, CG wise and added weight. How was the temp of the battery after the flight?

Danny

Comment

• 4S is all I've ever ran in mine.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

That is great to hear. Obviously the 4s 2200 fit ok, CG wise and added weight. How was the temp of the battery after the flight?

Danny
                              Was no problem to fit within the GW/CG envelope of the aircraft. On 6S, I actually did have to add a decent amount of weight to the nose to get it to CG on the mast. Remained exactly on the mast with 4S.

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              4S is all I've ever ran in mine.
                              Awesome! I think that’s going to be my preferred route for these 450s as well going forward.

Comment

Here’s a pic of the ESC that came with my Huey. It says 4S. Also, the website said The microbeast was preinstalled and when it arrived, it wasn’t there. I also saw the price on the website decrease and the description change which made me annoyed. Then I got another email saying the microbeast had shipped with a credit on my account. So there are issues going on. Not even sure if I have the updated components inside per the item description. Got the email regarding the battery and created a ticket. Haven’t heard back.
                                🙄

Comment

• Guys you haven’t, do the tail mod F106DeltaDart did. It made all the difference in the world. My tail gain is right where all my 450 microbeasts are at now. Between 27 and 30 and rock solid. Also now that my tail is under control I can see it working on 4s as I tried it at 50% throttle on 6s and I hand good tail control.
                                  im going to get a talon 60 before I put it all back in
                                  I also made some shims so when I put her back into the fuse it will sit level instead of leaning to the left.

she’s going to be a sweet flier.

Gravy
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Ordered a talon 60 for mine. So when it comes in mine will get put back together. Can’t wait to give her a full shakedown.

gravy

Comment

• Removed the mechanics from the fuse today and adjusted the belt tension. Now it rotates a lot better. Installed the Microbeast and took it for a test flight. Major tail wag. Going to mod the linkage per the suggestion and see what happens. Talon 60 on order as well. Note: CHECK ALL SCREWS! A ton were loose and without thread lock. Thats why I asked a few days ago if these are flown at the factory as stated by MRC.

Anyone know the correct programming rates for the servos? Can't seem to find that info. Thanks

Comment

• The tail mod works wonders.

here’s what I have on the emax servos.

gravy
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Well tomorrow I’ll giver her a good shake down.
                                          got my Talon60 today and installed it. My rpms are 1500 for ideal up and 2300 for flight. Did a test hover outside of fuse and all was good. Put her back in and buttoned it up. Did a test hover then in the fuse. Sounds like some fuse vibration. I might add something to lock the frame in, in the dog house. We’ll see after I put her through a good flight.

ill report back tomorrow.

gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X