X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
    So got my DX9 back from Horizon and was able to test fly today. Had really bad tail wag, which I was able to fix with the gyro gain. But still have a bad vibration during spool up and in flight. I'll prolly take the main shaft out and check to make sure its true. BTW, running on the 4S with a talon 60 at 1600 RPM. Motor was a bit warm.
    Are you using the ESC gov or a straight throttle curve?

Danny

Comment

• GOV controlled by Talon60

Comment

• Flew the last tuning flight on my UH1 today. I am using a 4s 2200 mAh battery and a Spirit flight controller. I get about 7 minutes of flight with about 1100 mAh left in the battery. The helicopter flies very well, hands off hover in a no wind situation. I would include a video, but can't seem to get one to be accepted. Here is the youtube link.

Danny

Comment

• Rotorscale 450 UH-1A Medic I did for Mr. Danny Rice, Washington flown Saturday using 50A Castle Creation ESC with 13T Pinion on 4S Lipo.

Comment

• Looks like it’s flying great Ed, nice work! Finally decided to start modding mine a bit more. Planning on a complete redo into a US Navy HAL-3 Seawolves Bird. I dremeled out the windshield to scale size and made a flybar out of some spares and a Trex 250 pitch gauge. Next will be printing out all the 3DPUPs to get it armed up to spec!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
              Looks like it’s flying great Ed, nice work! Finally decided to start modding mine a bit more. Planning on a complete redo into a US Navy HAL-3 Seawolves Bird. I dremeled out the windshield to scale size and made a flybar out of some spares and a Trex 250 pitch gauge. Next will be printing out all the 3DPUPs to get it armed up to spec!
              I really like your stabilizer bar. Where did you get it? You indicated you made it out of some spares. Did you mean spare old flybars? Are the weights at the ends actually a specific weight? I assume it attaches/replaces the tophat? Would really like to get one.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

I really like your stabilizer bar. Where did you get it? You indicated you made it out of some spares. Did you mean spare old flybars? Are the weights at the ends actually a specific weight? I assume it attaches/replaces the tophat? Would really like to get one.

Danny
                Thanks, it is a Trex 250 pitch gauge: https://www.rcjaz.com/align-pitch-ga...-90062071.html (mounting hole needed to be drilled out), a Trex 250 flybar that was cut down to length, and some 1.5mm wheel collars from eBay.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Thanks, it is a Trex 250 pitch gauge: https://www.rcjaz.com/align-pitch-ga...-90062071.html (mounting hole needed to be drilled out), a Trex 250 flybar that was cut down to length, and some 1.5mm wheel collars from eBay.
                  Interesting. Did you need to adjust anything on the flybarless flight controller to compensate for the stabilizer? What length did you use for the bar?

Comment

Interesting. Did you need to adjust anything on the flybarless flight controller to compensate for the stabilizer? What length did you use for the bar?
                    It’s fixed and rigid, so it doesn’t do anything to the flight dynamics. Just make sure the screw is loctited, and the length is the same on each side. Total length is 152mm.

Comment

• Total length is 17mm? I assume that is the length of each bar, one on each side of the center piece. When I look at your pictures of the stabilizer, the bars sure look longer than 17mm. So the length of the entire stabilizer is only about 50mm?

Comment

Total length is 17mm? I assume that is the length of each bar, one on each side of the center piece. When I look at your pictures of the stabilizer, the bars sure look longer than 17mm. So the length of the entire stabilizer is only about 50mm?
                        Sorry, overall length is 152mm. Was working on another project, and typed the measurement for one of those parts instead. Need to stop doing 3 things at once..

Comment

• That sounds better. Overall length 152mm: tip to tip with equal length bars. Got it.

Thanks.

Comment

• 3DPUPs for my Seawolves Huey are printed, assembled, and primered. Also placed an order with Callie for the decals. Next step will be painting, whenever we get some good airbrushing weather.

Comment

• F106DeltaDart I designed those ordnance pylons to attach to each other with 3mm carbon tubes. This reduces the side twist.

Also, the ammo belt is shaped by passing it through a lighter's flame for a split second, then bending it while its warm and holding it in place for a few seconds until it cools and rehardens in its new shape.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                F106DeltaDart I designed those ordnance pylons to attach to each other with 3mm carbon tubes. This reduces the side twist.

Also, the ammo belt is shaped by passing it through a lighter's flame for a split second, then bending it while its warm and holding it in place for a few seconds until it cools and rehardens in its new shape.
                                Thanks for the tips Alpha! Planning on adding the carbon tubes once I get ready to attach the pylons. The biggest difficulty now has been trying to match the Seawolves paint color. It is a very dark, glossy green. Working on mixing a few different colors to get something close.

Comment

• Painting complete and ordnance attached. Just need to add windows, ammo belts, and markings. Decals have been ordered and are on the way from Callie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4D42219B-D0CD-45F1-9606-879690EDD761.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	245040

Name:	7CD7191F-805D-4B1C-A767-D126FCC7D7CF.jpeg
Views:	544
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	245038

Name:	C8DEE911-3F95-4FC1-A1D4-11F836A008F6.jpeg
Views:	565
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	245039
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well done Alex.

Comment

• Looks great. You now need to get a Rambo action figure to pilot that puppy.

gravy

Comment

• Very nice build. Are you using semi-symmetrical main blades?

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by eawings View Post
                                          Well done Alex.
                                          Thanks Ed, name is Michael thought ;).

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                          Looks great. You now need to get a Rambo action figure to pilot that puppy.

gravy
                                          That would be awesome! Difficult to squeeze pilots in there either the battery placement, but I may give it a try.

Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post
                                          Very nice build. Are you using semi-symmetrical main blades?

Danny
                                          Thanks, I am using symmetrical main blades on this one. These are Align 380mm blades that I cut down and refinished to get the characteristic squared off tips.

Comment

Working...
                                          X