X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
    Well tomorrow I’ll giver her a good shake down.
    got my Talon60 today and installed it. My rpms are 1500 for ideal up and 2300 for flight. Did a test hover outside of fuse and all was good. Put her back in and buttoned it up. Did a test hover then in the fuse. Sounds like some fuse vibration. I might add something to lock the frame in, in the dog house. We’ll see after I put her through a good flight.

ill report back tomorrow.

gravy
    Awesome, looking forward to hearing how it flies. What battery did you decide to go with?

Comment

• I’m running the 1100 admiral. I bought two of them last year when I bought my A-109. After I put the mechs into my MD500e and put a 5 blades head, I haven’t had anything to use them in. So I bought the UH-1 with the intentions of being able to use the two 2200 6s batteries just sitting in my box.

gravy

Comment

• Flight went well. Need to make some slight adjustments to the pitch curve I think. It was a little jumpy. Other than that and the Harmon isolation sound coming from the fuse. I think it’s good.

gravy

Comment

• Nice Gravythe clown. Your recent postings have got me to pick up this project again (got an original April 2019 huey).

During spool up and up to the point where you went to the higher headspeed (idel up 1 rpm?; but before lift off), there wasn't that harmonic. Maybe you could try lowering the idle up 1 a bit to see if it helps?

Also, you could try some more hovering to see if the harmonic exits at all times. Your vid was mostly forward flight and I could hear that harmonic. It almost sounded like a fast tail wag but hard to see. Could be from too high a tail gain setting.

Comment

• I got it worked out today. Had the day off so worked on it and am happy with it now.
            I first thought was like you said lower the head speed a little. So this morning I started out by changing from rpm mode to simple governor mode. This way I could play with some different head spreads. So after that was set I did some test flights and ended up where I was really happy. This was all done with
            out the front canopy on. Then when I was happy I added the front back on. She got bouncy and vibration sound came back. So what I noticed was the front swash plate ball links were rubbing up agains the fuse. So I got the Dremel and standing bit and cleans up the area. No more rubbing and no more jumping or vibrations. She flies great now.

Gravy
            Attached Files

Comment

• Great that you figured it out. I'll have to keep that in mind once I start flights with the fuselage on. I'm still putting flights on the mechanics and tuning the setup to my liking.

Do you know what head speed you settled on?

Comment

• Punching the numbers into head speed calc looks like I’m running roughly 1600 for idle up (40% throttle) and 2500 for flight (65% throttle).

gravy

Comment

• Anyone have a source for some decent decals? I have this Huey and the decals that it came with keep rubbing off/tearing when brushed up a against or even lightly touched.

Danny

Comment

• I have the UH1 from MotionRC. What Trex 450 model/version does one need to use when looking for replacement parts, such as, the tailrotor pitch assembly or bell crank? I have looked at various websites using various Trex 450 model numbers and can't identify which model number directly correlates to the parts used in the MotionRC Rotorscale helicopter.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post
                      I have the UH1 from MotionRC. What Trex 450 model/version does one need to use when looking for replacement parts, such as, the tailrotor pitch assembly or bell crank? I have looked at various websites using various Trex 450 model numbers and can't identify which model number directly correlates to the parts used in the MotionRC Rotorscale helicopter.

Danny
                      I believe the mechanics are a clone of the Trex 450 Sport V1.

Comment

• Anyone know the pole count on the stock 1800Kv motor? Can seem to find it in the docs. Installed the tail pushrod mod today and the talon 60.

Comment

• I believe it’s an 8 pole. I used 8 and low timing for both of my motionRC 450 helis.

gravy

Comment

I believe it’s an 8 pole. I used 8 and low timing for both of my motionRC 450 helis.

gravy
                            Sounds good. Thats what I put into the talon. Gotta wait till I get my DX9 back from Horizon so I can test fly it.

Comment

• Flew mine this weekend again. I feel really good about her now. She flies sweet, no need for further adjustments now.

Gravy

Comment

Flew mine this weekend again. I feel really good about her now. She flies sweet, no need for further adjustments now.

Gravy
                                I got to see Gravy fly his, very impressed with the looks and how it flew, I know he did a lot of work to it to make it fly better, to bad it doesn't come ready to go like its supposed too, it did fly sweet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I believe the mechanics are a clone of the Trex 450 Sport V1.
                                  Do you think it is the Tarot 450 sport? I am just trying to get a source for replacement/upgrade parts.

Danny

Comment

• I think it’s more of a tarot clone. I have used align gears though, main and auto rotation which I like. I did find some main shafts on ebay that were ok. 1 out of 3 were straight. I bought 2 packs of 3, so I have 1 good spear now.

gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

Do you think it is the Tarot 450 sport? I am just trying to get a source for replacement/upgrade parts.

Danny
                                      The frames/belt/boom/tail/gears/gearbox are. The main shaft and head are different though.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

The frames/belt/boom/tail/gears/gearbox are. The main shaft and head are different though.
                                        Good to know. Do you know what main shaft and head are used or which would fit? I assumed the Tarot 450 sport was most likely the version, so, I have ordered a couple tailrotor shafts and a bell crank. The plastic bell crank on mine is very sloppy.

Danny

Comment

• So got my DX9 back from Horizon and was able to test fly today. Had really bad tail wag, which I was able to fix with the gyro gain. But still have a bad vibration during spool up and in flight. I'll prolly take the main shaft out and check to make sure its true. BTW, running on the 4S with a talon 60 at 1600 RPM. Motor was a bit warm.

Comment

Working...
                                          X