X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    That's how mine was setup as well with the old power system. Got in a few flights this afternoon with the Huey and it handled very well. I would still like to see a better tail servo, as there was still some small tail wag that I couldn't tune out. It really didn't effect the flight though, and it was very stable. There are a few changes from the old version including a better paint color (closer to Olive Drab) and shorter skids that appear more scale.
    How does your main rotor feel? Mine is real tight, like I don’t think autorotation is even possible, tight. I think it might be the lower bearing. When I had the head pulled up and main shaft resting on the lower bearing it spun freely. But put it in the lower and gets will not spin freely

gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post

How does your main rotor feel? Mine is real tight, like I don’t think autorotation is even possible, tight. I think it might be the lower bearing. When I had the head pulled up and main shaft resting on the lower bearing it spun freely. But put it in the lower and gets will not spin freely

gravy
      Mine is fairly tight as well, but in my case I think it more due to the tail belt and the raised pulley mechanism. Its definitely tighter than any of my other models.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
        There are a few changes from the old version including a better paint color (closer to Olive Drab) and shorter skids that appear more scale.
        Correct, based on your and other's feedback, we used a better paint color that was color shifted for OD, and also cut down the skids to be more scale.

Your in-flight photos look really good! What camera and settings are you using?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Correct, based on your and other's feedback, we used a better paint color that was color shifted for OD, and also cut down the skids to be more scale.

Your in-flight photos look really good! What camera and settings are you using?
          Thanks Alpha, glad to see the improvements! I am using a Nikon D5300 on the default Sport mode. Despite a lot of messing with the more in depth modes, it has proved to be the most consistently good setting for me.

Comment

• Any of you guys know if a 4s 2200 will fit in these? Also, would it be two heavy at 226 gs?

Danny

Comment

• RCFlyer51 CG is the primary concern because the nose of the Huey and its windscreen limit the length and height of a battery that can fit and still balance. Compare the weight and dimensions of your 4s 2200mAh to the Admiral 6s 1100mAh we spec. It is 188g, and I CG it pushed about an inch forward of the frame, so I would *guess* that your 226g could be moved back enough (away from the windscreen) to hit CG.

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...xt60-connector

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha for the comment. I did compare the two batteries and their respective dimensions are close. The 2200 is about 5 mm thicker. The length and width about the same. I was hoping someone had actually used one and could comment.

Danny

Comment

• So here is a link to my setup video. I go through the whole setup using the microbeast plus and a sbus reciver. Hope this helps someone. It’s a long video at 48 minutes but it covers the whole process.

Gravy

Comment

So here is a link to my setup video. I go through the whole setup using the microbeast plus and a sbus reciver. Hope this helps someone. It’s a long video at 48 minutes but it covers the whole process.

Gravy
                    Very nice! Love the windshield that came with yours! The clear and smaller canopy frames look miles better than the V1! I also finished putting together a setup thread in the gyro section: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...uey#post237656. Feel free to post the link to your video there as well.

Comment

• Did you watch the whole video? If so you think I covered it well?

ill go check you setup thread and past my link. Thanks

gravy

Comment

Did you watch the whole video? If so you think I covered it well?

ill go check you setup thread and past my link. Thanks

gravy
                        I skipped around a bit, but watched a decent amount of it and it seemed covered well. On your tail authority issues, I would advise taking the mechanics out and checking the friction on the tail linkage. Mine was very tight from the factory and was actually causing tail issues in flight. I replaced the pushrod with sulivan golden rod and was able to greatly reduce the friction and loads on the tail servo. This may just have been mine, but its worth a shot.

Comment

• You are right, that linkage is really rough. I do need to pull it all out and make some other modification/fixes. My mechanics don’t sit square as well. So I will pull it all out any change the linkage rod and fix the fuse mounts.

Gravy

Comment

• Some pictures of my UH-1.

Gravy
                            Attached Files

Comment

You are right, that linkage is really rough. I do need to pull it all out and make some other modification/fixes. My mechanics don’t sit square as well. So I will pull it all out any change the linkage rod and fix the fuse mounts.

Gravy
                              Sounds like a plan! Photos look good, looks like they made some other scale improvements as missed as well! In addition to the clear windows and better windshield, looks like the mast is taller and the pilot/copilot door windows are larger. Hoping the new clear chin bubbles come in stock. That and the windshield are must have improvements for me.

I also wanted to make some more scale blades for this guy. Round tipped blades on a Huey are just wrong to me. I bought a set of Align 380mm blades and cut them down to 325mm with a dremel. Then I primered, painted and balanced them. Already looking a bit more Huey-like!

Comment

• Yeah thoughts blades look good, that’s my next thing to buy some good black blades. The ones I’m using now are from my A-109. Looked good on that but totally off on A Huey.

Gravy

Comment

Now I’m really confused. Just got an email from Motion that the ESC it came with is not rated for 6s, but rather 4S. However the ESC I got is definitely rated for 6s like the first rotoscale I bought last year.

So is the motor a 1800kv or is I high KV? I can’t see what it is because it’s to close the the fuse.
                                  Also did I not get the upgraded ESC?

gravy
                                  This whole thing is a constant cluster.

I had hoped that in time they would get their act together, but it does not seem that way.

Does anyone know if there is a matching paint color for these? My paint is constantly peeling.

Comment

• Finger hovering over the "buy now" button. But hesitating. For those who know:

1. Can we confirm that the V2 RotorScale Huey is in fact spec'd for a 4S setup, as the product page and several posts above imply? (It's clear that the V1 was intended for 6S - I think that Alpha, in his post above, was referring to V1 when he described the Admiral 6S 1100 as the battery of choice?)

2. Concerning the problems with the tail - is the general consensus that modifying the mechanics (like DeltaDart's pushrod mod) is enough to keep the machine steady? Or is there a feeling that a servo swap may be necessary?

3. Any other problems with paint out there for those of you with V2 machines?

Thanks! Dying for a Huey, but waiting to see how all these details sort out.

Comment

• I can confirm that my UH-1 (just received Friday so should be V2) came with the original 6s system.

I haven’t dug into my tail issue yet, but I firmly believe that DD’s mod is going to have to be done at minimum.

I had some scuffing on the underside of my canopy and pain crack/chip on the front of the doghouse on the canopy as well. Other than that it looks great.

My helicopter also don’t site true in the fuse. Not bad that it causes issues but it needs to be straightened. I’ll do that when I have it out to fix the tail issue.

Gravy

Comment

• Thanks for the input Gravy, just trying to collect definitive info here so we (prospective buyers) can decide if the bugs have been worked out of this package enough to finally buy in!

Comment

• Here’s a pic of the ESC that came with my Huey. It says 4S. Also, the website said The microbeast was preinstalled and when it arrived, it wasn’t there. I also saw the price on the website decrease and the description change which made me annoyed. Then I got another email saying the microbeast had shipped with a credit on my account. So there are issues going on. Not even sure if I have the updated components inside per the item description. Got the email regarding the battery and created a ticket. Haven’t heard back.

Comment

Working...
                                          X