Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 3d print for the turbine intake screens would be a nice scale addition. Guessing this was not always fitted ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post

Downloaded, zipped and (just now) emailed.
      Could you please send them to me as well? They don’t show up for me either for some reason.
      robodragon@sbcglobal.net

i would really appreciate it.

thanks
      Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post

Could you please send them to me as well? They don’t show up for me either for some reason.
        robodragon@sbcglobal.net

i would really appreciate it.

thanks
        Gravy
        Done and done. (Have also attached the ZIP to this post.)
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you sir.

gravy

Comment

• So I started printing the parts, which are coming out awesome. Then I realize, unless medical helicopters had guns and rockets, I’m in for a full repaint.
            so now the search begins for a paint scheme.

gravy

Comment

So I started printing the parts, which are coming out awesome. Then I realize, unless medical helicopters had guns and rockets, I’m in for a full repaint.
              so now the search begins for a paint scheme.

gravy
              Thats always the fun part! What kind of scheme are you looking for! Bright colors? Shark mouth? I’ve got a pretty good library of UH-1B/C photos, so I can dig through those if you’d like suggestions.

Comment

• Not sure just yet. I might go just simple army green and basic marking with shark mouth in front.

Gravy
                Attached Files

Comment

• The replacement head finally arrived today. I took the DFC head off and set up the swash for the new head. What a difference! The tarot head has no vibration and is rock solid. Going to fly one more test flight tomorrow and then re-install the fuse.

Comment

• Got my 3D printed parts added and the whole thing painted today. I decided to go with decals o already had. I’m happy with the new color and bits. Still need to peel off the decal film when they full dry in place.

Gravy
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good Gravy! Did some flying over the Tank Combat course at Bomber Field this weekend. Since the tanks are 1/16, and the Huey is 1/18, it made for some fun photos!

Comment

Got my 3D printed parts added and the whole thing painted today. I decided to go with decals o already had. I’m happy with the new color and bits. Still need to peel off the decal film when they full dry in place.

Gravy
                        Wow Gravy, that looks even better than when I first seen it....

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Wow Gravy, that looks even better than when I first seen it....

thanks, I’ll have to bring it down next time we fly helicopters.
                          I’m back to working in the 450 Apache. You were right on the flex tail. I tried using all the mess I had and and things got lose and free spinning in my universal joint. So I ordered a CW flex torque shaft and will just go straight from one side to the other.

also i might be getting the hinge soon for my 700 Apache.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            Looks good Gravy! Did some flying over the Tank Combat course at Bomber Field this weekend. Since the tanks are 1/16, and the Huey is 1/18, it made for some fun photos!
                            DeltaDart, I think you've mentioned before, but what was your method for painting the fuse? Spraypaint, paint booth?

Comment

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post

DeltaDart, I think you've mentioned before, but what was your method for painting the fuse? Spraypaint, paint booth?
                              I airbrushed the fuselage with model master acrylics.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I airbrushed the fuselage with model master acrylics.
                                Looks great!

I just flew the Huey for the first time after reinstalling the fuselage. Has a bit of wobble i'm trying to figure out. But I noticed that the servos are very hot after one flight. I set the rate during the BeastX setup. I'm concerned about them failing during flight if they burn up. Anyone have any insight as to why they are hot to the touch?

Comment

Looks great!

I just flew the Huey for the first time after reinstalling the fuselage. Has a bit of wobble i'm trying to figure out. But I noticed that the servos are very hot after one flight. I set the rate during the BeastX setup. I'm concerned about them failing during flight if they burn up. Anyone have any insight as to why they are hot to the touch?
                                  If they are running hot, you might consider bumping down the refresh rate to the next lower increment. Even though they are "technically" spec'd to 333hz, I run mine at 270hz. They don't heat up too much at that frequency, and I don't notice a difference in cyclic response.

Comment

• A few pics during test flights this evening. In the (slow) process of designing a dolly to 3DP.

Comment

A few pics during test flights this evening. In the (slow) process of designing a dolly to 3DP.
                                      Looks clean. How has the new head worked in flight testing?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post

Looks clean. How has the new head worked in flight testing?
                                        Very much improved over the DFC head. Still have slight vibration to work out. When I spool it up on the bench without blades, it is vibration free. So still working thru that. When I put the fuse back on, the first flight had a lot of tail wag and the helicopter was, for the lack of a better term, jittery. Took the fuse back off and changed the mechanical setup for the tail. Still trying to get it dialed in, but making progress.

Comment

• RC Motion guys: will this be back in stock anytime soon.............. should have bought one when they still had stock in hand................ dang it.................

Comment

Working...
                                          X