Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes they will be back in stock but not anytime sooner. We do not have an ETA on our 450s as yet. Please keep checking back with us.

Comment

• hi could someone email me the print file to the gun jdial77@yahoo.com
      thank you

Comment

• How does the tail rotor control arm and servo control work the tail if any pictures of it that be great mines a right pain ๐Ÿ˜žand wer do i find the 3d flies to print the rocket launcher n mini guns thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight stalker01 View Post
          How does the tail rotor control arm and servo control work the tail if any pictures of it that be great mines a right pain ๐Ÿ˜žand wer do i find the 3d flies to print the rocket launcher n mini guns thanks ๐Ÿ‘
          Welcome! 3D files are attached to the post here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...303#post204303.

As for the stock tail rotor control setup, myself and a few others had issues with excessive resistance in the pushrod and replaced it with Sulivan flexible pushrod. Photos are here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...205#post239205.

Pushrod available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d-b31d6b1bfbee

Comment

• Thanks f106delta dart for that๐Ÿ‘i will look at them pics on the push n pull cable ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘how do i get the stl files for the rocket launcher and mini guns and is scaled all ready for the 450size huey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘thanks buddy

Comment

Thanks f106delta dart for that๐Ÿ‘i will look at them pics on the push n pull cable ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘how do i get the stl files for the rocket launcher and mini guns and is scaled all ready for the 450size huey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘thanks buddy
              The files attached to the post that I linked should be correctly scaled already for the Huey.

Comment

• After my crash I decided to make some changes to my tail rotor drive setup. Fits better and seams to control better, smother. Iโ€™m waiting for some new blades and epoxy to dry on the fuse. Once the epoxy is dry really good Iโ€™ll sand and paint. Besides the missing lower left window, wonโ€™t be able to tell it crashed.

Gravy
                Attached Files

Comment

• Gravy thats an interesting servo mount for the Tail. Ive been having issue of interference between the fuse and the servo - but that looks like a great way to fix the issue.

Comment

• Yeah it definitely helps with the fit into the fuse.
                    mom still getting tail bounce, so Iโ€™ll pull it out again and see what I can do to fix that. I might make my own pivot joint so I can use two straight rods like in my cobra and Apache use instead of golden rod.

Iโ€™ll up date later with how that goes.

everything is fixed and Iโ€™m finishing up the touch up paint now. Besides the missing window you canโ€™t tell it was scene in a crash. I wish they would sell the window set. It donโ€™t even come with a new canopy.

oh also added in 1.5 oz of lead to the front canopy to get it to CG even with the battery.

Gravy

Comment

• I guys. Been out of the net for a while moving from Washington State to Michigan. Finally settled and have been trying to get my Huey back in flight condition. I ordered and received a Garet head assembly and have been having a devil of a time getting it setup. I could really use some insight into what I am doing incorrectly. The head assembly came with a main shaft that is 118 mm long, with 107 mm distance between the two holes. The notch in the center area of the shaft is ~64 mm from one shaft end and ~54 mm from the other shaft end. I mounted the head on the end of the shaft that is farther away from the notched area on the shaft. I have seen earlier in this thread that the stock main shaft from MotionRC is 116 mm. I assume 2mm longer isn't going to be a large issue????

When I install the Garet head assembly I can not get negative pitch using the control rods included with the Garet assembly. I have centered and leveled the swash, calibrated the radio throws and centered the servos, set the servo limits. I consistently get excess positive pitch and little to no negative pitch. I have shortened the control rods between the swash and blade attachment points as much as possible and still can not get a balanced pitch setup. I even cut down some extra control rods in an attempt to get the pitch balanced. With the cut down rods I was able to get a more balanced pitch setup, but, even then I had a 2 to 3 degree difference in pitch range between the two main blades, and, the pitch range was only -4.5 to 23.

Perhaps I was sent the wrong assembly or I just don't know what I am doing............ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny

Comment

• Finally got her flying sweet, but decided to sell her.
                        listed on RCgroups

Gravy

Comment

• just got my huey back together went with a vietnam era paint scheme

Comment

• Good day! I was wondering if there was an updated ETA for this aircraft yet. Especially with current world events, delays are understandable and I know you are all doing the best you can. Also, I've seen either 4 or 6 s recommended. What works best on this? Thanks so much, and happy flying!

Comment

• ETA on your RotorScale Heli's?

Comment

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
                                The replacement head finally arrived today. I took the DFC head off and set up the swash for the new head. What a difference! The tarot head has no vibration and is rock solid. Going to fly one more test flight tomorrow and then re-install the fuse.
                                How did it work out for you?

Comment

• Oue 450 Rotorscale has arrived. Please check on our website.

Comment

• Hi were can i find the files for the 3d prints for a 450size huey cant see them on here?? Thanks ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Hi were can i find the files for the 3d prints for a 450size huey cant see them on here?? Thanks ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
                                      Try post 283 on page 15. There is a zip file posted with the files.

Comment

• Thanks very much buddy found it n saved them even though i saved them last time stupid phone i will savw the file to my tablet aswell๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• Flew a helluva lot of 'dustoffs' (hot fire zone med-evac) in my beloved Huey which earned me a few more fruit cocktails on my chest (HM2 USN MACV-SOG II Corps Duc Lap 70-71)
                                          Miss that distinctive 'whop whop' of the blade. After 50 years I can still tell a Huey from a Chinook or a LOH (Hughes 500 Light Observ Helo) flying overhead. Sometimes I miss those days flying fast and low over the canopy to avoid taking fire (still got me with some shrapnel from an AK on the ground).

I am seriously considering ordering this Huey so I have been reading the posts but have not come across any RC pilots who have commented on how sensitive the collective and rotor pitch controls are to fly for an advanced novice. I have flown 4 ch winged and 6 ch (dual rotor) so this would be my first venture into using a collective (other than my real-world crew training landing & auto-rotating). If one of you stick jockeys would be so kind as to describe this old geezer would be most grateful. Please include which transmitter you prefer so I don't make an expensive mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                          X